Unmasking the Horror Tour

jek

58 minutes ago, OrangeRyan said:

This is fucking ridiculous...... They shouldn't have all the IPs then if we can't enjoy the house with pictures.... Bull shit. (Sorry for the bad language)

There is a time and a place for F-Bombs....and this is one of those times :)

Highlight of my trip just went down the shitter...the day before I get on the plane down.  

• Like 1

Just now, Oysterhead00 said:

There is a time and a place for F-Bombs....and this is one of those times :)

Highlight of my trip just went down the shitter...the day before I get on the plane down.  

Gosh Im so so sorry! Unmasking the Horror Tour and taking pictures is a highlight for me as well!!! But Goddamn, we all need to riot at Universal or do something to change it!

3 hours ago, JDW said:

Some IP got there knickers in a knot perhaps?

I'm going to assume that that is probably what happened, although if it is I'm curious of the story as to why. Hell, I'm curious anyway. Def seems to have caused a huge uproar, and it makes me wonder if it IS  a problem one of the IPs getting the tour if they'll change up the schedule and do a different house for future weeks so people can keep taking pictures.  

Regardless it sucks, especially for those that were not really giving any forewarning and it being advertised otherwise. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, _Veritas_ said:

I'm going to assume that that is probably what happened, although if it is I'm curious of the story as to why. Hell, I'm curious anyway. Def seems to have caused a huge uproar, and it makes me wonder if it IS  a problem one of the IPs getting the tour if they'll change up the schedule and do a different house for future weeks so people can keep taking pictures.  

Regardless it sucks, especially for those that were not really giving any forewarning and it being advertised otherwise. 

It still says on the website we can take pictures, but I know for a face that we can't because I called them. Overall it does suck

57 minutes ago, _Veritas_ said:

That's why it doesn't make sense.  TWD obviously doesn't care since they've been on the tour before and Tombs and Chance (while there are issues with both for being on the tour) are originals.  So if there is/are 1, 2 or even 3 IPs with their panties in a bunch, they have options to swap in.

There's something behind this that doesn't make any sense.  Maybe people with cameras are taking full videos with the lights on?  I know they stress NO VIDEO on the tours, maybe people have been recording the houses plus the audio of the tour guides or something?

EDIT:  Regardless, whatever happened it's over and done...can't get the toothpaste back in the tube.  Plus they say "up to 3/6 houses" so dropping one would still be covered if there wasn't a replacement option....removing the photo option breaks the T&C's outlined for the tour.

Edited by Oysterhead00
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Regardless, whatever happened it's over and done...can't get the toothpaste back in the tube.  Plus they say "up to 3/6 houses" so dropping one would still be covered if there wasn't a replacement option....removing the photo option breaks the T&C's outlined for the tour.

Agree this may be the death nail in the UMTH tour.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JDW said:

Agree this may be the death nail in the UMTH tour.

Actually, I was saying whatever the inciting incident was, was in the past....HOPEFULLY not tour itself.

Sure hope this storm blows over and they come to their senses (after all the outrage this week...my tickets are for next weekend) and reinstate the photography angle with some new rules/limits/whatever in place to make everybody happy.

I can't see them getting rid of the tour.  It's thousands and thousands of dollars every day with salaried (I assume) VIP tourguides so it's just money in the bank.  

4 minutes ago, JDW said:

It is is money in the bank. But it hinges on being able to take pictures. If the ban remains, interest will fall dramatically and it will no longer make mad money.

Couldn't agree more...and that's what I was trying to say.  They'd be pissing away hundreds of thousands of "free" dollars.  I guess my scatterbrainedness of finishing up stuff for work, getting this news, last minute packing, and...well, an adult beverage or two have me throwing up half-assed posts :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Couldn't agree more...and that's what I was trying to say.  They'd be pissing away hundreds of thousands of "free" dollars.  I guess my scatterbrainedness of finishing up stuff for work, getting this news, last minute packing, and...well, an adult beverage or two have me throwing up half-assed posts :)

I'm at work too. And haven't slept more than 4 hours a night in the last week.. so might just be me :P

44 minutes ago, Arsik_22 said:

Fuck this. I have my tour scheduled tomorrow and I just see this. Thank god for the forums but I think I'll be cancelling if this is true. What a bunch of bull shit. 

It's true, but I wouldn't cancel if I were you. This might be a stupid question so I apologize in advance but can you only get the refund if you don't go on the tour, or can you take it and still get one for false advertisement. If you can't take it and get a refund, I would still go, the experience just won't be completely worth it. Basically I'd say go either way but they should let you get a refund and go. I think if you haven't booked yet(I know you have Arsik, but I'm just saying in general), don't, unless they change the policy, or lower the price

• Like 1

I was on the combo tour today and that was the first thing anyone said. I'm tempted to call guest services or the tour line tomorrow just to see if I can get a refund cause I'm pretty upset. I'm pretty sure they'll say no, but like the entire time I kept reaching for my camera at a cool scene and then my brain remembered and it was like boooo. Ugh. Of course I'm more curious as to what happened for them to enforce that rule. Oh well. At least I got my money's worth at the actual event. 

I did the tour a few years ago, the year The Wolfman house was included, and we were not allowed to take pics in that one house because the movie had not yet been released at the time.  But to abolish all pics on the tour in all IP houses is seriously screwed up.  As said, Walking Dead has been included and accessible for pics the last few years, so why not now? 

I was on the fence about booking this year but I definitely won't do it now. 

50 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

If the problem is a house like AHS or Exorcist, then I would still personally want to go in and just be told no pictures in this specific house so I can hear and learn about it. 

Also, where is some proof that all will soon be right?

I got none. Just rumors from reliable sources. So take it with a grain of salt. Personally, this has blown up in universal's face. I would think they would make a public statement on social sties. BUT that has happened so...