Unmasking the Horror Tour

jek

2 hours ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Is that confirmed...or your guess?  I nope it's confirmed and the "something else" is Tomb of the Ancients :)

My friend did the tour and his photos were from Exorcist, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Halloween, American Horror Story, Ghost Town, and Krampus.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Wow, 5 IPs and 1 original.  Pretty surprised by that.  Thanks for the info!

Well thinking about what's not being used:

TWD is mostly stuff seen before.

Lunatics is 3D House with nothing particularly groundbreaking.

Tomb could work...maybe too cramped? I could see that.

2 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Well thinking about what's not being used:

TWD is mostly stuff seen before.

Lunatics is 3D House with nothing particularly groundbreaking.

Tomb could work...maybe too cramped? I could see that.

Oh, I'm happy about it...but thought A&D's "Crown Jewel" or the "Icon House" would have to be on it.  I LOVE TWD show and always enjoyed it on the house tours (think I've done it 3x with lights on and always enjoyed the lights on sight seeing more than the night house itself) but am happy the "Best of" house isn't being included as I'd have already seen most of it.

I would personally prefer Tomb over Halloween regardless of cramped space or anything else just as it sounds 100x more interesting scenic wise (I haven't been reading reviews or looking at pictures so I'm just basing that out of stuff pulled out of my @$$) and more in it for the photo ops than the behind the scene stories.

I just did the PM tour on Saturday and got Exorcist, Ghost Town, and American Horror Story. It was amazing experience, my first time doing the tour and so happy I did. Want to say  a little shoutout to my tour guide if there's any chance he's on here. Andrew S. Is great tour guide, seemed very knowledgable, friendly and pretty funny too! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ScottEdmondson41 said:

I just did the PM tour on Saturday and got Exorcist, Ghost Town, and American Horror Story. It was amazing experience, my first time doing the tour and so happy I did. Want to say  a little shoutout to my tour guide if there's any chance he's on here. Andrew S. Is great tour guide, seemed very knowledgable, friendly and pretty funny too! 

For the PM tour did the guide make you exit the park before HHN?

10 minutes ago, Tich0las said:

For the PM tour did the guide make you exit the park before HHN?

Yeah, he walked everybody through the side exit/entrance next to Blue Man Group. My group turned right back around and went through that entrance lol. But yes, since they don't scan your day tickets for the tour, everybody has to be walked out so you can go through one of the entrances to get your ticket scanned. 

And here here is my Facebook album of all the pics I got from this weekend https://m.facebook.com/SCOTTEDMONDSON/albums/10211411676633335/

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ScottEdmondson41 said:

Yeah, he walked everybody through the side exit/entrance next to Blue Man Group. My group turned right back around and went through that entrance lol. But yes, since they don't scan your day tickets for the tour, everybody has to be walked out so you can go through one of the entrances to get your ticket scanned. 

So, never thought of this.

If I', doing the 'stay and scream' at IOA during the day and HHN at night, Instead of walking to the front gate of Uni, can I just go to the gate by Blue Man Group?  I know they aren't letting people go from the Dr Seuss gate anymore, so I'm trying to work it out so that we don't have to go through the hundreds of people in the front.

2 hours ago, RustySomebody said:

So, never thought of this.

If I', doing the 'stay and scream' at IOA during the day and HHN at night, Instead of walking to the front gate of Uni, can I just go to the gate by Blue Man Group?  I know they aren't letting people go from the Dr Seuss gate anymore, so I'm trying to work it out so that we don't have to go through the hundreds of people in the front.

Same here. Might end up upgrading to park to park just to get into HHN quicker.

31 minutes ago, warp3dali3n said:

Someone just posted on Facebook that they are on a tour now and a new rule is in place: You aren't allowed to take pictures in the IP houses. Can anyone else confirm?

That's 99.9% BS.  But in the 0.1% chance that it's legit, I'll raise holy hell next weekend and demand a refund.

33 minutes ago, ScottEdmondson41 said:

nope universal just confirmed it on twitter.  I'm so glad I did the tour last weekend before this happened. Tour is now ruined

Pardon my french, but fuck them.  Will be getting a refund as soon as I get there.  Didn't pay $130 for story time.

Enjoy exclusive VIP entrance to Universal Studios Florida™ with a guided walking tour of up to three houses per tour (six for the combination tour), a commemorative Halloween Horror Nights lanyard and the chance to photograph every gruesome moment.

Edited by Oysterhead00
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Pardon my french, but fuck them.  Will be getting a refund as soon as I get there.  Didn't pay $130 for story time.

Hey, Mikey, we know you read these things, so what the heck? Way to screw me over on my first year doing unmasking the horror.

I'm still exited to go because the main reason I want to go is for the behind the scenes knowlage, but this is some bullshit to change midway through, especially since the website and everything still says "photograph EVERY gruesome moment". I'm just bitter because this is my first year doing behind the scenes and I go in 8 days.

If it's just one house or company that has a problem, then just don't allow them there, If Fox is being pissy about photos then let us still take pictures of TCM, Halloween, Krampus, and (hopefully not) TWD

Wonderful :( At least we have up to 3 days before our scheduled tour to get a full refund (I'm sure those of you who want to get a refund for this weekends tours can, because it's complete crap that you payed the same price as those who already took the tour and were able to get pictures in all houses).