Halloween Horror Nights 26 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

7 minutes ago, Ecto_Freak said:

I hope we dont get TCM.. Its been done to death!

How many times has Universal Florida done TCM? All I see is 1 time (unless I missed something) Besides, I know it hasn't been done in years, since I haven't seen it. Furthermore, there is the slight possibility that it could be based off the prequel movie that hasn't even come out yet. 

Unless when you say "it's been done to death" in general, as in, other haunts over the years, then yeah I can understand what you mean. The character has been used a million times.

I'm sure if they do use the franchise, it won't be an exact replica of the house from HHN 17, so I wouldn't mind seeing it.

18 minutes ago, Ecto_Freak said:

I hope we dont get TCM.. Its been done to death!

You take this back right now! Leatherface is a national treasure!!!!!!!!!!!

35 minutes ago, Oysterhead00 said:

The sinking of the RMS Titanic occurred on the night of 14 April through to the morning of 15 April 1912 in the north Atlantic Ocean, four days into the ship's maiden voyage from Southampton to New York City.

#classic. 

Frightanic 2?

I didnt see the first one so Im all for this action!

• Like 3

If there's going to be an IP I will love The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Cannot wait. Their Twitter confirmed it is based on the 1974 version. The one house they had was based on the remake. But I don't know much of the difference TBH. Will it be a soundstage house?

Edited by criticalanalysis
  • Like 1

*Check TCM off the list*

Cool I was hoping this rumor came to pass. This is one of my favorite movies of all time. I loved the 2007 one. If the quality they had in Halloween is any indication this house is already a solid house. 

I assume... having chainsaws, this will be in the MIB queue.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, JDW said:

*Check TCM off the list*

Cool I was hoping this rumor came to pass. This is one of my favorite movies of all time. I loved the 2007 one. If the quality they had in Halloween is any indication this house is already a solid house. 

I assume... having chainsaws, this will be in the MIB queue.

It'll be a good house but I feel the movie itself doesn't have as many memorable scenes compared to Halloween.

2 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

It'll be a good house but I feel the movie itself doesn't have as many memorable scenes compared to Halloween.

Seriously? What memorable scenes were in the original Halloween? Sure the first scene.. and the "ghost scene" but the rest was Myers standing around like a creeper.

the original TCM disturbed me at a core level when I saw it. When he hung that girl on the meat hook and made her watch him cut her boyfriend up as she was dying... that messed me up. The dinner scene is iconic as well. The kills are far more gruesome in TCM. 

I'm biased though. I never really was interested in Halloween. I saw it pretty early on as a kid and it affected me very little. (I'm actually one of the rare people you will find who likes Halloween III better than the rest of the franchise). I saw the original TCM when I was 18 and it left me feeling pretty disturbed. This was 95 ish mind you and the disturbing factor of movies has been upped quite a bit. But I remember thinking at the time how impressed I was that a 21 year old movie still could disturb me. The I found out about Cannibal Holocaust, Salo, et al. Human depravity, no matter the time frame, no longer surprises me.

But everyone has their favorites. Either way I'm just happy TWD wasn't announced ;)

• Like 3

Mortal Kombat X had spring 2015 dlc of Jason, then we had Freddy Vs. Jason for 25.

Mortal Kombat X had a spring 2016 dlc of Leatherface, now we have Texas Chainsaw Massacre announced for 26.

COINCIDENCE?!

Probably, but we should still pay attention to Mortal Kombat around this time next year.

• Like 1

Fantastic news. Even though the CoC TCM looked great, and I actually like the remake, I'm so happy they're going with the original on this one. 
Curious if it's going to be used for marketing the new Leatherface film that's supposed to come out this year or not...

Well, assuming media/employee night might happen exactly 5 months from today, I am not surprised we got a house announcement. This sets them up to give us a new IP house every 2 weeks which would put them in the middle of June assuming we get 5 IP's. Stretch it out to every 3 weeks and that is putting them in the middle of July so the beginning of August they can do a full reveal of everything else. If Penn and Teller get a stage show, that would be another announcement that would be made by itself and not with the originals and scarezones to squeeze into the schedule. If we get the Purge again, I have a feeling that will happen right around the release of the new film on July 1st. 

On a different note, the ticketing website for HHN is being worked on. I had it bookmarked and its been the same web address for the past two year. Last night it said to keep checking back but looked like the rest of the HHN website. Now, it is all broken with the new site design this morning that changed colors of things. Hoping we get ticket info soon! I have two weeks booked at Cabana for the last 2 weeks of ROF so if for some reason they don't bring it back, I might adjust the trip. Of course, I am also thinking of extending it and going a full 17 nights to use every day of ROF if budget (and my work) allows it. 

43 minutes ago, TheGreatDicktator said:

Twice. It was in the original All Nite Die-In and then the house in '07. It definitely hasn't been "done to death".

I'm excited about reentering the realm of Leatherface. 

It's been 9 years, so a solid 80% of the attendees this year have never seen a TCM maze. It's based off the original, so technically never done. And it's being done by a largely different creative team from 9 years ago.

I can't fathom why someone would think this IP is a tired out one at Universal, especially during a year that may end up having 2 IPs from just last year. If the complaint it chainsaw overload, especially after last year, then I could understand. But this should turn out as well as Halloween and FvJ. I'm very excited. 

• Like 3