The Carnage Returns

Mark M.

It's on youtube and I saw it that way. In the very least at least if they change it, they'll always have the first version on YT unless they are forced to remove it. 

It truly is amazing! A lot of people are complaining about the dancing. Probably because they are trying to compare it to the abomination musical across the pond. Mostly the dance acts are very well done and were mostly just fillers for scene changes etc. Jack wasn't prancing around in a tutu or anything singing Taylor Swift. They pretty much nailed every Icon joke. 

I love chance, she's so hilarious. I also love how Jack poked fun of how "soft" the event has gotten. You have to remember that HE didn't write the script (maybe had input), but creative or whoever did so they KNOW the problems the event is facing in todays time where everything has to be clean, censored, etc. It's a good show. I just wish there were a better way to see it in person. I have trouble seeing over people in a big crowd, raised seats are my best friend.

• Like 1

Guest kiwisoup

I kinda wish people would stop comparing it to Bayou. The same things not gonna happen here. It's a show that's advertised on the website, the map, all over the place. The Bayou show was not advertised anywhere, wasn't on the map with showtimes, wasn't on the website...it was just a short show scene within a scare zone so it could be scrapped pretty easily and still leave a neat set piece. Totally different, they just happen to be in the same area. They might tone it down, but they very clearly warn you with signs and within the show about language and gore and there's nothing really offensive in the way you could say Bayou was.

For this being my ninth year attending the event, seeing all the previous alternate shows (shows not being B&T) over the years I do enjoy some more than others and always wanted this type of show to come back but after I watch their first show I'm 100% sure that this is the best secondary show of all time! I had to thank the show's director right after the show because it was so damn amazing and told him that it was the best. I saw both "hhn original shows" Carnival of Carnage (in the event) and the Arrival (on youtube many of times) but nothing got this pure awesome than this show. This is truly a shared Jack and Chance show, the show really represents their persona and builds upon that with their interaction on the show. Also for comic lovers Jack and Chance truly have the Joker and Harley Quinn relationship they even name drop the word harlequin and puddin' so if anyone wondered how a Joker and Chance can act in real life without the shackles of much censorship this may be your chance. Every joke is hilarious theirs many references to maybe almost every icon (Even one that they can't even show on a shirt) the event itself, even an infamous ride, internet forum trolls gotta love that, and so much more. All the ways they kill off their victims even with the ones that we've seen before on stage all gets a fun tune up and everything got much better in this version and the new ways to kill is hilarious and grotesque. Yes I'm mighty scared if guests or media tones the whole show down so that's why I advise you and every hhn fan alike to watch this show immediately and many times over because this is truly one of the biggest highlight of the event it's even more entertaining than most houses.

Totally agree. I haven't seen it in person yet but on Youtube I was blown away with what they could pull off in that space. Was very happy to see that Chance got a LOT more stage time. She was great during 17, but she is just outstanding this time around. All her jokes and comments are perfect. 

My only issue is the end off the show isn't as big a spectacle as 17 was with the cage catching on fire and the spikes plowing through the cage.  The saw trick just didn't seem that impressive on Youtube and then it seems to just end abruptly. Also, while I do like that they brought back the blender, I wish more new tricks would have been used. The magic tricks (other than the blender) are all impressive and pulled off very well, but we have seen some of them before. Granted the one they brought back from 17 got an extra element added, but I felt like that was the weakest of tricks during 17. 

Overall though I am so happy this was pulled off so well! Not only does the success of Jack's return give me hope we might see NEW Icons get made, but I hope if they are, we get more stage shows like this! It is totally different than anything else at Horror Nights and that's why it is so awesome! Of course, Jack and Chance are more than welcome to keep on returning. After seeing this show, I would personally LOVE to see Chance be given a chance (no pun intended) to be the Icon for a year. Her humor, while being creepy, is just awesome and the actress they have playing her is OUTSTANDING! 

• Like 2

I've only seen it on YouTube, but I love this show already! I've seen people complain about the dancing and acrobatics, but I can't for the life of me figure out why. Did they want a rehash of Carnival of Carnage, or something? I think the new bits enhance the experience. Gives the guests more to look at, anyway.

I too watched it on Youtube, and I must say I enjoyed myself, even with the addition of dancers, which was a little offputting at first, but I loved the Whack a Troll routine. I'm also glad that Chance got more spotlight here aside from being Harley Quinn by any other name. 

My biggest issue was the lack of a big finish. We get the saw but that's it. Maybe Carnival of Carnage spoiled me with its ending, but this one was a little anticlimactic. Otherwise, this was a fantastic show all around, I just wish it had a more explosive finish, 

• Like 3

I don't like the show. I think the performers are great but the show drags on for way too long, dancing should be kept at Bill and Ted, and the Big Ass Saw that's getting built up throughout the show is really underwhelming. 

I do have a question though about one of the "effects"...

Is Chance really throwing those knives?

I don't like the show. I think the performers are great but the show drags on for way too long, dancing should be kept at Bill and Ted, and the Big Ass Saw that's getting built up throughout the show is really underwhelming. 

I do have a question though about one of the "effects"...

Hidden Content

Nope.

• Like 2

Nothing has been removed for content if that's what you are wondering. The show is a little different each time since its live and the actors adlib stuff. I will say I noticed that the biggest differences in the show depend on who is playing Jack. Each actor has jokes they use that the other does not. 

There are different actors for Jack? II saw the show on two different nights and Jack and Chance looked and sounded the same. Jack really sounds like the Jack from the commercials and promo videos. I'd be surprised if there were multiple actors since I don't think the Bill & Ted cast changes either and they have more shows every night.

On another note, does anyone kknow what songs they played before the show started? I only recognized "Dead & Bloated" by STP.

There are different actors for Jack? II saw the show on two different nights and Jack and Chance looked and sounded the same. Jack really sounds like the Jack from the commercials and promo videos. I'd be surprised if there were multiple actors since I don't think the Bill & Ted cast changes either and they have more shows every night.

On another note, does anyone kknow what songs they played before the show started? I only recognized "Dead & Bloated" by STP.

Both Bill and Ted and Carnage have swing actors to fill in when actors may need a rest or if they hurt themselves.

I just saw the UTH tour and the tour guide mentioned Jack in the commercial is not the Jack in the show. However said that Jack in the show is the original Jack from years past. However as stated, Actors and actresses do have backups persay in case something happens; the show must go on.

There are two actors who play Jack that I know of, one is indeed the original Jack who did appear in the commercial.

The other is an actor who has often played Beetlejuice and has appeared in many B&T shows over the years. This year he can be seen in The RUN queue videos as Bobby Strickland.

• Like 4

I'd still call him a good icon, just that it's time to retire him only to bring everyone back for anniversary years. In fact, I'd call him the best icon, but HHN has definitely suffered from that.

He was created because clowns are the #1 fear in america. I don't know about you, but I can't think of anything better than #1. It's untoppable. Jack's untoppable. He's definitely me most marketable of the original icons. And only one other Icon, the Storyteller, can make for a decent stage show. all others are too slow paced and methodical. Jack is spry and jumpy, and Storyteller's stories could come to life to kill victims. Other than that the Director would work if he was retrofitted to the Disaster! ride, instead of Frank Kincaid it's Paolo Ravinski.

But to get back on topic, Jack needs to be put on the backburner until HHN30, just like he was since HHN20.

Other options for stage shows are RHPS:aT (*crickets*), Beetlejuice (given that a sequel is in order we could be seeing this in the future), or stage magic (my vote is to bring back Brian Brushwood)

I did like the nod to Twister being slow & painful

I think shows are a total waste of money, except for B&T.

Always odd to me that in 20 years, lightning has never struck twice. Love it or hate it, B&T is iconic, and fills a theater 5 times a night. Nothing--not RHPS, various magic shows, Robosaurus--has come close to it. This show may be closest, but even then, I hear it receives mixed reviews from general public. What Universal wouldn't give to finally have a "second B&T."

• Like 1