The Carnage Returns

Mark M.

I took the time to watch the old Carnival of Carnage show from 2007 and it just reminded me how much BETTER it is than The Carnage Returns. It's shorter, there are more on-stage kills with much less filler (dancing), the jokes are clever, and Jack and his cronies are better developed and much more entertaining to watch throughout the show. 

I hate sounding like a Bitter Betty, but I really hope that if they decide to continue putting on Icon shows, they forget that TCR ever happened.

I took the time to watch the old Carnival of Carnage show from 2007 and it just reminded me how much BETTER it is than The Carnage Returns. It's shorter, there are more on-stage kills with much less filler (dancing), the jokes are clever, and Jack and his cronies are better developed and much more entertaining to watch throughout the show. 

I hate sounding like a Bitter Betty, but I really hope that if they decide to continue putting on Icon shows, they forget that TCR ever happened.

From the videos I've seen (since I'm not able to attend this year), The Carnage Returns looks way better than The Carnival of Carnage (that's just my opinion). At least our Jack shows are better than Singapore's last year. :mellow:

From the videos I've seen (since I'm not able to attend this year), The Carnage Returns looks way better than The Carnival of Carnage (that's just my opinion). At least our Jack shows are better than Singapore's last year. :mellow:

That is very true. Although it did seem to be pretty edgy for the Singapore event, it just wasn't...I don't know. Jack'd Up enough, I guess.

I, too, thought Carnage Returns was much better than Carnival of Carnage, and that's not just coming from a place of bias. Objectively, it flows better, there's more to look at for those who may have discovered too late that they're uncomfortable with all the gore, and I like the added sense of twisted fun with Jack essentially being the leader of all these maniacs rather than just having maybe two or three other "followers." It makes him more threatening, in a way.

• Like 2

I just think Carnage Returns and Carnival of Carnage are two totally different type of shows. Carnival had more of a storyline and interplay between the characters whereas Carnage Returns is more about Jack and Chance and being a huge show and about the kills. It is the biggest show they have ever done. I think it has gotten better since Team Member preview. It feels like a tighter show because there were some parts that dragged the first night. It is different than Carnival and each has their own moments. If anything I think the only screw up HHN did this year is not having any Chance merchandise. I don't know if they realize how popular she has become. 

• Like 3

The final show was a lot fun, everyone in the audience was really enthusiastic and there were some pretty hilarious line-deviations (the highlight was when Chance did a big deviation from her "What's funny about a knife?" joke, which got a lot of cheers from the crowd). And as many people were expecting, Jack did indeed remark that he "killed Twister".

Going to miss this show.

Edited by Cupcakes
  • Like 2

one of my favorite things of this show was the Maniacs on stage. That made the show much better for me. I loved the dancing and the acrobats in the air. I know a lot of people hated the dance numbers but to me they were the highlight of the show in a way. the troll dance was pretty funny, and the dance before Amanda dies and during  the big ass saw had a lot of energy which hyped the saw more. they were awesome. 

Edited by clash

• Mark M. changed the title to The Carnage Returns