HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

I speculate that being very doubtful. Individuals sending in information (that was available to a multitude of people) to a third party and that third party posting it on the internet, well, doesn't sound too traceable to me.

Those people's jobs are fine.

Someone isn't using their head. There's only two casts, which means only two people are assigned a specific role, with everyone being given their role personally. Gee golly, that sure sounds traceable to me!

* UPDATE: Chainsaw #1, Cast A - Hollywood Streets (source: modelmayhem)

Male models with chainsaws? Fabulous! Burly and rugged is SO last year!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have had yrs believe it or not where there was no movie theme houses. However we had houses based on movies but unless you saw the movie you wouldnt have known... Ship of Screams (Ghost Ship), Demon Catina (Sp?) (From Dusk til Dawn) and a few others. But like I said they didnt market on those houses like they have with some movie houses the last few yrs yrs.

As a guest participant, I enjoy the experience of "houses based on movies" a lot more than "movie themed houses." It's a subtle difference, but it's a crucial one none the less. It's a matter of perspective and execution, as always.

Doctors?

I can remember in 06 and 08 i saw like doctors in scrubs up front with blood all over them, whether they were related to the theme or not for the given years i doubt it, i can see 08 being related but i have no idea why they were there in 06

Someone isn't using their head. There's only two casts, which means only two people are assigned a specific role, with everyone being given their role personally. Gee golly, that sure sounds traceable to me!

Almost, but it's even more detailed. The roles really are specific to one person. If someone was a scareactor like 'Brain Muncher #5' only that person is the #5 Brain Muncher, so if UO really cut down on the leniency about revealing roles, they only gotta deal with that one scareactor, not Brain Muncher 2 or 7.

I'm going to be nice to you so dont take this the wrong please...

The reason why we had so many freaking movie theme houses from 06-09 (I think 13 total, I could be wrong) is because a certain former member of A&D loved pop culture. Yes the GP loves horror movies but having movie base themes didnt pull in the numbers it was suppose to. We have had yrs believe it or not where there was no movie theme houses. However we had houses based on movies but unless you saw the movie you wouldnt have known... Ship of Screams (Ghost Ship), Demon Catina (Sp?) (From Dusk til Dawn) and a few others. But like I said they didnt market on those houses like they have with some movie houses the last few yrs yrs.

Yes, but there have been movie houses used heavily throughout the event's history. The second year ever had a house based on a low-profit horror movie (People Under the Stairs) by a has-been director (check out reviews from that time period - people thought Wes Craven was over) and it was a HUGE hit. Now that the movie has a cult following it barely raises an eyebrow. The classic Universal monsters have been used repeatedly, as was the re-working of The Mummy. How many times did we see Norman Bates? Even years the did not have blatant movie advertisement were still heavily influenced by characters, events, and locations seen in movies. Movie based houses are by far the rule, not the exception.

I can remember in 06 and 08 i saw like doctors in scrubs up front with blood all over them, whether they were related to the theme or not for the given years i doubt it, i can see 08 being related but i have no idea why they were there in 06

Wasn't 06 the mental patient?

Edit: That was 04.

Edited by johaad

Again, it's untraceable and no one will be loosing their job. You all assume these people are correctly leaking their role *and* cast or position. So, two people cast for a role, A and B. Person B sends in I've been cast as Scarecrow A. So, A gets fired and has nothing to do with the leak?

Come on. No one is loosing anything. Period.

Chill out guys. I've seen people fired from Uni for a ton of reasons, but I won't get into that here because it's not the place for it. Take your debate to PMs or drop it altogether. Let's keep this thread for speculating the event. Thanks.

I see this event this year going way beyone what we all are speculating on... We always think so narrow to ideas.... Heres an update from HHNRumors for those whom havent seen it.

Audition Success!

Some roles have been Revealed!

Well that was fast, with auditions yesterday it was bound to happen sooner or later. Two roles and locations for scarezones have been outed to the public by some very brave scareactors. Typically scarezones are the last to leak since they can be changed somewhat easily. Did you get a part? Submit it to the Tip Line anonymously. Here is what has leaked so far:

• Con Artist #13 - Mels
  • Queen Of Hearts - Hollywood
  • UPDATE: Chainsaw #1, Cast A - Hollywood Streets (source: modelmayhem)
  • UPDATE: Dead Cheerleader - Hollywood
  • UPDATE: Siren #7 - Shrek Street
  • More to come in the near future! Sumbit your part here!

I'm currently mobile and received this tip via text message so I'm unsure of the original source.

I was contemplating "Willow hut" and I know what they are... a hut made of, typically, living willow trees... But I can't for the life of me find real info on the history behind them. They've been used by many cultures and they look like a witch house or maybe the home of some Norse folklore.

Now they have updated the site, roman numerals ..hmm and anyone else think the latarn on the home page looks like tree roots curving around it? or is that just me ...

it looks like vines to me and yes roman numerals greek themed room and possibley sz what are the planning ?

Call me crazy here but when i was on the site and clicked characters and environments and it said "coming soon" am i wrong to think these are renamings for houses and scarezones? and if so by the sound of it the houses will be given to icons, maybe mulitple in one house.

So, the whole shapes appearing from the lanterns light to me screams SHADOWS of the Past. Also, the roman numerals are on the site everywhere and even morph to create past years numbers? hm. definitely a tree or roots grabing the lantern. roots of halloween horror nights maybe. however, it looks like we will have a mix from the present ands the past. it says this year is built upon the past.

p.s.

whats the song now playing on the site?

My speculations based on the website are as follows: there is almost nothing on the website that was not part of the old archive site, the exceptions being videos that were on the HHN 19: Ripped from the Silver Screen site.

Thus I speculate that this teaser is merely holding a place to whet our appetite with a nostalgic look at the past, until actual details about this years event will be revealed.

I cannot believe that there are already people talking about the parade coming back, or the old houses and shows mentioned on the site. They are there for historic purposes only.

They only real clue can be found on the very front page. I have emphasized certain key phrases in the passage in red:

From the flickering flames of the lantern's light, eerie shapes begin to take form as horrifying, disturbing images of this year's Halloween Horror Nights will be revealed.

Get ready for the ultimate in terror built upon nineteen years' worth of ghoulish creatures and nightmarish frights, as a new era of darkness begins at the nation's premier annual Halloween event.

Get it?

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

First. Thank you for an update.

Second. No more discussion about people getting fired or not. Has nothing to do with event speculation, and just creates arguments. If people want to post where they have been cast then so be it, whatever actions happen or don't happen is an issue with them, not for these forums. Any posts related to this from this point will be removed.

i totally agree with you Dr.Jimmy.....i do feel that theirs more to the lantern on the front page but at the moment cant think of anything the phrase next to it is a hint as you and i have said eralier but i just cant figure it out

Edited by HHNChef