HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

K so I was poking around the HHN Orlando site cuz well I was bored after checking for updates...but anyway I dunno if someone saw this before or if its common knowledge, anyway so I was looking at the audition page ( http://universalaudi...do/schedule.asp ) and on it they are auditioning stilt walkers. Am I gonna get my wish and have the Terra Queen show up?? FINGERS CROSSED! Oh and if anyone saw this before I'm sorry...I didn't see anything when I ran a search of the forums. :otis:

They audition for stilt walkers every year. There were stilt walkers in the Cirque Du Freak last year & in various other places the year before. Every time Universal has an audition for some event whether it be HHN, Mardi Gras or Macy's, they ask for stilt walkers...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Twenty Years of Fear sounds fine. It's nice and simple.

2) I love the gritty, grunge look to the poster.

3) The font they chose is great. Makes it look really good without going too over the top like with recent years. I'm not a fan of crazy, wacky fonts.

I too am waiting for the update considering it is only 80 days away. The line twenty years of fear is great. It's catchy and they could do alot with it. I have said this a few times but I have faith in uni to give us all the event we expect from them. I may be disappointed with who the icon is (if there is just one icon) but I know I will have a great time either way.

I too am waiting for the update considering it is only 80 days away. The line twenty years of fear is great. It's catchy and they could do alot with it. I have said this a few times but I have faith in uni to give us all the event we expect from them. I may be disappointed with who the icon is (if there is just one icon) but I know I will have a great time either way.

I agree totally. I think we all have a wishlist this year but I'll be happy with just one from the list...I don't give a crap what it turns out to be. I'm still going. :otis:

They audition for stilt walkers every year. There were stilt walkers in the Cirque Du Freak last year & in various other places the year before. Every time Universal has an audition for some event whether it be HHN, Mardi Gras or Macy's, they ask for stilt walkers...

yep, in 2008 in wizard of oz the scarecrow and another scareactor had stilts, the scarecrow would jump around or walk fast in them, i remember thinking, "Wow how does he do that?"

the "20 years of fear" also works for me, i like it,

i keep thinking about this thread and about the reunion and reusing houses, and i'm thinking, it's not even a good idea if they bring back a bunch of houses and scarezones from the past because i could see people going "didn't they do this in 06?" or "this is old" I could see the general public making a fuzz about it, i dont know maybe I'm wrong, but just a thought

Edited by black7mask

"XYZ Years of Fear(s)" is the most used anniversary-related slogan in the haunt industry...and it's been used to death.

Busch used it, Rocky Point used it, Queen Mary used it, Netherworld used it, Knott's used it (they even called a maze "25 Years of Fears").

Shouldn't we expect more from Universal?

Edited by zombieman

Now really this may be the most crowed one yet. The 20th anniversay? You know they're doing something big this year and the advertising is gonna be ridiculous. Which means MORE people are attracted to come. That means MORE wait time, and LESS fun. I'm getting my tickets way ahead of time and I'm definitely getting the fast pass.

Well, that's why I plan to go as much as humanly possible on the days I'll be there. It will be later in the month, and I'll be anticipating larger crowd, so with Thursday-Sunday as the open days I can spread out my time and instead just try to enjoy my time without feeling rushed. Now if only the FFP and UTH (if there is one) can finally appear on the site, then I'll be set. It does get super busy nearing the final weekends, right? Last year I was only there early in the event, and it wasn't terrible crowd-wise.

No matter what way the event goes for this year, I'm sure I'll enjoy myself and further feed my need to come back again and again. After all, if there are reunion themes it will be perfect for me and get me more acquainted to the icons. Sure, you guys say you don't want a rehash year.. that's understandable on your sides, you've gone to it for a long while and have already seen possibly anything A&D can throw at you, but what about the people who haven't had the chance yet? The 20th anniversary can be half rehash to refresh and introduce us to what you're so used to, and the other half (or a higher percentage) can be new content to keep things fresh.

Museum corridor.. I forgot it's scene number in that permit from earlier. But.. even if there is only one icon house, it can possibly be this, with all the past icons within this maze with individual scenes illustrating some fragments of their past. Like a museum's exhibits that have a frozen in time sort of diorama setup, this could be done in a similar way to the Wax Museum sort of mazes that have been featured in the past, giving the icons one final shot before becoming such figures. I mean, there have been mannequin set ups of most of the icons in the past right? Use that sort of angle in the museum corridor, to lead into the first scare themes. Sort of like how in 2009, The Spawning's first scene was in the office of the pump treatment facility, Silver Screams had the hallway with the Usher, Saw had Jigsaw's workshop, etc. Build up before unleashing what it has. It could be a good transition or introduction.

Can't wait!

Why does some people think there is going to be a greek house or video game houses if the statement scrapbook from the past means they are going to bring back old characters from previous events in my opinon i think that is really dumb if they make a house of a video game. :blink:

Well the Greek house idea was originated from the leaked permit with scene names. One had the Greek Gorgon "Medusa" as one scene and "Army of Hades" as another.

It does not have to be a video game like God of War. Like it's been mentioned, perhaps they're either code names of particular scenes or the maze itself showcases the monsters of Greek myth. That in itself can work out.

i think that is really dumb if they make a house of a video game. :blink:

I Believe that Video Games are starting to become more scary than the movies. The last movie that truly scared me would probably be the Blair Witch Project. Imagine what they could do with a game like Silent Hill. But, let's save this topic for another year.

I've finally decided to put my own thoughts out there, so here it goes....

I heard a rumor a while ago stating that the old Herc/Xena soundstage was fixed and able to be used once again. This may mean a possible ninth house. I don't think that they are going to do any movie houses this year, however they might do a movie tribute house similar to the All Night Die-Ins and SS from last year. I believe there isn't a RHPS this year. I also heard a rumor that B&T's is going to be in a new location...What!? That's all I have so far.

I've finally decided to put my own thoughts out there, so here it goes....

I heard a rumor a while ago stating that the old Herc/Xena soundstage was fixed and able to be used once again. This may mean a possible ninth house.

That is sadly unlikely as the work permits only show seven locations being used, one of which we expect will have two houses. The Herc/Xena building was not one of them.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

the best thing about using the 20 years of fear tagline is it means they are celebrating a milestone but they aren't giving anything away. I mean nowhere does it say reunion. They are simply celebrating the last 20 years. And let's face it, isn't it better to go into the unknown and be truly shocked rather than to have an idea of what's coming ahead? Don't get me wrong I love the backstories and the build up but what scares us the most is not knowing what to expect.

I hope that the stiltwalkers this year may include some wearing the new Weta Legs.

I saw video from the Midwest Haunters convention of someone in costume wearing those and they are very cool. Scary, but cool. Any scarezone would benefit from the addition, even one featuring the CDT. Can you imagine being chased by an 8-foot tall maniac who can bounce and wields a chainsaw?

Mae

ps...I'm having a terrible day; does anyone know anything new? I could use a mood-lifter right about now.

Edited by Mae

To me, twenty years of fear kind of remind me of the early days and years of HHN, so I think it is appropriate for the theme name. just consider that they may be doing early advertising, and do not want to give up the theme quite yet. This is the same reason why the site is not updated...

i think that universal is prepare and ahead of the game like always and will drop the bomb soon and my thoughts on house of 1000 corpses even tho there not a doing a movie house this year but it would been awesome cause that movie would made a perfect house