HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said don't take the pictures too literally, I was suggesting something steampunk and Lovecraftian involving a submersible and a Great Old One.

Perhaps the Observation deck looks out over R'lyeh?

I've been waiting for a Lovecraft house for yeaaaaaars.

The King Kong conversation that is in the past pages made me wonder, What did Universal did with the Kong from Kongfrontation? i was just wondering where did they put that? that looked huge(i was never in kongfrontation so i only know from youtube)

As I said don't take the pictures too literally, I was suggesting something steampunk and Lovecraftian involving a submersible and a Great Old One.

Perhaps the Observation deck looks out over R'lyeh?

There was a lot of Lovecraft in 2008, I thought. Tentacled monsters, interdimensional travel, experimentation, secret societies and twisted realities that were one harmless...of course, that could be relevant in almost any HHN, but for RoF they really let loose. Then there was a fair amount of steampunk last year, what with Frankenstein and even a little in The Wolfman.

This is not to say that I wouldn't relish more Lovecraft and steampunk in my HHN. If they can get us some more of that, I'm totally down.

Mae

http://websites.horrornights.be/archives/behindthescreams.html

any one intrested of seeing past event and reading all bout all the hhn event from fright nights to reflection of fear it has alot of cool things like videos and pics and info i know universal put this on there sites couple of times but i figure maybe there more clue or hints about this year BIG 20th event

The King Kong conversation that is in the past pages made me wonder, What did Universal did with the Kong from Kongfrontation? i was just wondering where did they put that? that looked huge(i was never in kongfrontation so i only know from youtube)

The AA's were scrapped, just like everything else.

There apparently has been some discussion of parts of IOA being opened up (specifically WWOHP) during peak nights (or even every night) for crowd dispersal, no final decision has been made yet. And such areas would most likely NOT include any HHN attractions. If they did it would be a limited scarezone in an area between WWOHP and Seuss Landing, but that is pure speculation only.

There apparently has been some discussion of parts of IOA being opened up (specifically WWOHP) during peak nights (or even every night) for crowd dispersal, no final decision has been made yet. And such areas would most likely NOT include any HHN attractions. If they did it would be a limited scarezone in an area between WWOHP and Seuss Landing, but that is pure speculation only.

I kinda dont see that happening due to HP is in the back of IOA, that is a long ass walk from the studios.

Observation decks are also in hospitals to look down on the people having surgery. A hospital house would be cool with demented nurses and such.

Didn't We Kinda Get That With Psychoscareapy In 2006???

Edited by HHNFANATIC

Observation decks are also in hospitals to look down on the people having surgery. A hospital house would be cool with demented nurses and such.

Didn't We Kinda Get That With Psychoscareapy In 2006???

Actually those are usually referred to as Operating Theaters, and we did have one in Body Collectors: Collections of the Past in 2008.

Was reading something about Red Lights on here Back in the late 90's when I started going they had red Lights in all the street lamps it was very cool and spooky looking. Also back in the old days as you came in the area toward city walk they played horror movie themes, Jaws, the exorcist and such was very cool..Remember that HUSH?

I just love Speculation, As far as this year goes there is no solid evidence to theme or house names, only a few room names. Crazy isn't it?

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed,

Something Blue and a Silver Sixpence in Her Shoe.

I just love Speculation, As far as this year goes there is no solid evidence to theme or house names, only a few room names. Crazy isn't it?

Yeah, it makes it really difficult to speculate anything when not much is known. It's exciting, however. I feel like we've known far more about previous years at this time then we do this year at all. Either a great job by Universal or Potter just grabbing all of the attention. Probably both! As far as observation deck... Perhaps it COULD be attached to a Bioshock themed house. I doubt it, but that would be awesome! If that were the case, the Greek mythology stuff could be attached to a God of War house... Again, doubt it! I want something original like a lot of others. But, whatever we get, I'm sure I will definitely be pleased! Just anxiously awaiting the arrival of more NEWS!!!

Yeah, it makes it really difficult to speculate anything when not much is known. It's exciting, however. I feel like we've known far more about previous years at this time then we do this year at all. Either a great job by Universal or Potter just grabbing all of the attention. Probably both! As far as observation deck... Perhaps it COULD be attached to a Bioshock themed house. I doubt it, but that would be awesome! If that were the case, the Greek mythology stuff could be attached to a God of War house... Again, doubt it! I want something original like a lot of others. But, whatever we get, I'm sure I will definitely be pleased! Just anxiously awaiting the arrival of more NEWS!!!

I was kinda mad at the lack of details, but as time goes on (and we make our flight reservations) I kinda like not knowing what's going on. While it would pi$$ me off to get no updates, I ALMOST wish they'd do that so I could go in knowing nothing....because I know I lack the willpower to not check for updates, rumors, and spoilers 15 times a day!

Was reading something about Red Lights on here Back in the late 90's when I started going they had red Lights in all the street lamps it was very cool and spooky looking. Also back in the old days as you came in the area toward city walk they played horror movie themes, Jaws, the exorcist and such was very cool..Remember that HUSH?

Ohh!!

I didn't know that, But this is what i kind of been hoping since i started going in 06, i wish that all the street lights were red or green or something, I really hate how some parts of the park like the back of the park have no lights or anything

I wonder if Rip ride would be open, probably not...

Edited by black7mask

Ohh!!

I didn't know that, But this is what i kind of been hoping since i started going in 06, i wish that all the street lights were red or green or something, I really hate how some parts of the park like the back of the park have no lights or anything

I wonder if Rip ride would be open, probably not...

I've heard (possibly on this forum, even) that they were installing nets onto Rip, Ride in order to allow it to run during HHN (it goes over quite a few of the Soundstage queues). They were test running it last year while we were waiting in line for Dracula - it was torture! haha. Should be interesting to see if they decide to keep it running.

I've heard (possibly on this forum, even) that they were installing nets onto Rip, Ride in order to allow it to run during HHN (it goes over quite a few of the Soundstage queues). They were test running it last year while we were waiting in line for Dracula - it was torture! haha. Should be interesting to see if they decide to keep it running.

It wasn't open last year because of the Frankenstein queue running through the SS33 courtyard which was a target for flying objects (I said this 752983452 times last year and nobody believed me, despite me WORKING AT ROCKIT). They've since put nets up to prevent objects from flying into said courtyard, but I'm not sure as to how effective they are. We'll just have to wait and see when the time comes.

It wasn't open last year because of the Frankenstein queue running through the SS33 courtyard which was a target for flying objects (I said this 752983452 times last year and nobody believed me, despite me WORKING AT ROCKIT). They've since put nets up to prevent objects from flying into said courtyard, but I'm not sure as to how effective they are. We'll just have to wait and see when the time comes.

Plus your also walking in a lock out tag out place, as well if the ride every needed to be evecate they need to clear that whole area of guest.

There has been for a couple of years now a rumor about a certain event to be celebrated at an upcoming HHN.

This was largely dismissed out of hand by most, who actually have gone so far as to equate it with the old rumor about a large tent to be erected over the park.

This is a most grave injustice. People have simply forgotten the source of the rumors. The idiotic story about the tent was proposed by Damnskippy a most obnoxious and evil little troll who knew Jack about anything at all.

BUT, I remember that the other rumor, the one about that event was proposed by someone who is the exact opposite of Damskippy, someone who is one of the most well-respected and valued contributors to these forums.

I remember a post in another forum a couple of years ago which contained this image:

preacher-gone_to_texas.jpg

And so, I for one am absolutely delighted that there may be a very good Chance indeed that this wonderful event will come to pass at last.

Plus your also walking in a lock out tag out place, as well if the ride every needed to be evecate they need to clear that whole area of guest.

Negative, the queue never ran through a lockout tagout area. They wouldn't have been able to do the night cycling that they did the last couple of weeks.

There has been for a couple of years now a rumor about a certain event to be celebrated at an upcoming HHN.

This was largely dismissed out of hand by most, who actually have gone so far as to equate it with the old rumor about a large tent to be erected over the park.

This is a most grave injustice. People have simply forgotten the source of the rumors. The idiotic story about the tent was proposed by Damnskippy a most obnoxious and evil little troll who knew Jack about anything at all.

BUT, I remember that the other rumor, the one about that event was proposed by someone who is the exact opposite of Damskippy, someone who is one of the most well-respected and valued contributors to these forums.

I remember a post in another forum a couple of years ago which contained this image:

preacher-gone_to_texas.jpg

And so, I for one am absolutely delighted that there may be a very good Chance indeed that this wonderful event will come to pass at last.

If a Harley Quinn rip off and a over use clown tie the knot then A&D has ruin the event for me.

I agree on the subject of BM's house being redone. Personally I LOVED BM as an icon but her house....well....it lacked (putting it lightly.) I can honestly say I didnt get any good scares in there. However, should they tweak it a little bit, I'm sure they could liven it right up :)

I was on the HHN wiki the other day and someone updated the HHN XX page, saying there were "three confirmed houses. One Greek Myth house, on of old icons, and one of unused icons." Does anyone have any evidence to back that up? I can't remember hearing aboiut ANYTHING being confirmed. In the past, we don't unusally get our first big update until at LEAST the first week of July. And even then, we only begin to get clues. Big news won't roll in until the end of August, I imagine.

Like I said though: I hadn't heard of any official confirmation as of yet. Am I missing something here?

I agree on the subject of BM's house being redone. Personally I LOVED BM as an icon but her house....well....it lacked (putting it lightly.) I can honestly say I didnt get any good scares in there. However, should they tweak it a little bit, I'm sure they could liven it right up :)

I was on the HHN wiki the other day and someone updated the HHN XX page, saying there were "three confirmed houses. One Greek Myth house, on of old icons, and one of unused icons." Does anyone have any evidence to back that up? I can't remember hearing aboiut ANYTHING being confirmed. In the past, we don't unusally get our first big update until at LEAST the first week of July. And even then, we only begin to get clues. Big news won't roll in until the end of August, I imagine.

Like I said though: I hadn't heard of any official confirmation as of yet. Am I missing something here?

I thought BM was amazing as well! I really liked how the house went right along with the website. But there wasn't any scares. Definitely should be redone. And I haven't heard anything either, but I haven't been on here in about 4 days, so I might have missed something.