HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they happen to redo BM's house, they need to do it the right way. BM is an awesome icon, but she needs her true justice with a kick ass house.

If they happen to redo BM's house, they need to do it the right way. BM is an awesome icon, but she needs her true justice with a kick ass house.

Although I'd like to see Cindy host the event alone, or maybe just with the Caretaker for the 'support', I think were going to see all of them AGAIN. Just like Sweet 16. I really hope they don't make Jack the Icon/Host, again.

House count, 8 or 10? I say keep 8. If they go the Icon house route you will have;

1. Scream House (Caretaker/Cindy)

2. All Nite Die-In (Director, maybe Usher too?) (Maybe featuring all the "new" NLC characters, Jason, Freddy, Leatherface)

3. Reflections of Fear (Bloody Mary)

Jack is iffy, you can do 1: Psychoscareapy, or 2: a "Fun House" type house, I'd opt for 1.

4: Psychoscarepy (Jack?)

Storyteller? Blah.. both her houses sucked IMO, Where Evil Hides and Dungeon of Terror. Maybe something completely new for her, HHN History?

5. Storyteller House

That leaves us with 3 more houses to fill out to 8. Returns or all new? If I had to guess, I'd say returns for a 'best of' type thing. We just had a Body Collectors and a Scary Tales, will they do them again? We have a few options here.

6. Body Collectors?

7. Scary Tales?

8. The Thing?

I'd like to see some others that haven't gotten the "remake" treatment yet that were pretty good.

6. Demon Cantina

7. Hellgate Prison

8. The Skool (Mix of the original house and 18's Scare Zone)

Now this totally disregards HHN 1-10, which don't seem right for a 20th Anniversary. However, how many people remember or even went to HHN 1-10 that go to it now? Probably not that many. How many houses in 1-10 were actually great for the people that did go? I have no idea. Maybe a couple?

Please no People Under the Stairs, Psycho, or a Dungeon of Terror, which at 16 felt like I was at a fair.

So my wish list is as follows;

1. Scream House (Caretaker/Cindy)

2. All Nite Die-In (Director/Usher) (Featuring the Big 3)

3. Psychoscareapy (Jack)

4. Reflections of Fear (Bloody Mary)

5. Storyteller House (HHN History type house?)

6. Demon Cantina

7. Hellgate Prison

8. The Skool

I'm with Mark in the sense that I do believe we'll see some of the major players again icon wise such as Cindy and the Caretaker. (Maybe another addition to the Screamhouse storyline in the making?!!!) I also agree that Jack needs to take a backseat in regards to being the host/icon.

It would be nice to see a Sweet 16 style event again, a compilation of the best of the best over the last 20 years.

Some of you may remember that the last time Roddy left Universal was in 2005. Also known as one of the best and most original years for HHN. Let's hope that his absence means we can expect originality. Although I don't see that happening if we have a reunion year.

Some of you may remember that the last time Roddy left Universal was in 2005. Also known as one of the best and most original years for HHN. Let's hope that his absence means we can expect originality. Although I don't see that happening if we have a reunion year.

Actually he left after the 02 event and came back in Oct 05.. Hense why maybe we had Jack that yr in a last min maze.

The 20th anniversary of this event affords Universal the chance to really pull out all the stops and make a lasting impression for a landmark. It would be a shame to allow such a noteworthy anniversary become a year that we all look back up on thinking "WTF happened?" No matter who is involved creatively, here's hoping that the team puts together something that tops the past 19 years and makes us all thirsty for the big 2-1. :)

The past three years have been good in my book, certain houses/scarezones stand out as favorites, but not the event as a whole...I'm ready for one that kicks some serious ass in all ways!

The 20th anniversary of this event affords Universal the chance to really pull out all the stops and make a lasting impression for a landmark. It would be a shame to allow such a noteworthy anniversary become a year that we all look back up on thinking "WTF happened?" No matter who is involved creatively, here's hoping that the team puts together something that tops the past 19 years and makes us all thirsty for the big 2-1. :)

The past three years have been good in my book, certain houses/scarezones stand out as favorites, but not the event as a whole...I'm ready for one that kicks some serious ass in all ways!

Couldn't agree more. I think what got us all involved most during 08 was the amazing storyline that brought everything together. Heres hoping that this year will be fore "us" the fans and we get one hell of a story.

Couldn't agree more. I think what got us all involved most during 08 was the amazing storyline that brought everything together. Heres hoping that this year will be fore "us" the fans and we get one hell of a story.

Exactly! ;) It was that completely immersive experience that made that year so enjoyable...I think all of us would like to see something similiar again. Sure it's fun enough to attend the event, but to get involvved in the storyline and become a part of it, well that's just adding to the overall experience.

Wow! A site that actually allows one to discuss the topic for which it is dedicated without fear of locked or deleted topics! Kudos to the site owners and operators!

I agree with the notion that the follow-up to the event is much more fun and exciting when the story carries depth. Terra Cruentus and Bloody Mary carried the most extensive story lines, I would think most would agree, and were a great deal of fun to follow for the more dedicated fan.

And therein lies the problem. Ninety-five percent of HHN attendees are not dedicated to the point that they will repeatedly check a website and attempt to figure out complex nuances or story lines. So, if that is the case, it is counter productive to the event for several reasons. One, it creates very confusing websites in which the average event participant may have difficulty finding the information they want. Two, it may actually make understanding the event more difficult (i.e., explain Friday the 13th vs. a Terror Mines). Three, it draws money and resources away from other parts of the event. A good example: Someone posted an absurd figure that they spent on the model of the Universal Theater for last years event. I don't know if that figure is correct or not but, if so, someone should have lost their job over such a monumental waste of money. As far as I could tell from the event, the only place the model figured into the actual design was on the website.

I can see the event organizers and planners moving away from highly detailed story lines and more to popular figures or movies. They don't have to spend the money, time, or effort to tell the story as it's essentially already known. And the more shallow story lines catch the attraction of a much, much, much larger audience.

I think UNI has created a good balance between their material and popular horror venues. Not to mention the cult of HHN swells each year with more and more people following the updates as they occur. But I agree Joe public may not follow every nuance of the site but MOST do know the ICONS... I'm just so 100% tired of Jack... sure give him a house if you must but he's worse than Freddy, Jason, and Michael Meyers… He just keeps coming back. While other far more interesting icons go by the wayside.

I’m excited to see a reunion year… Someone quoted TJ as saying it was a scrapbook motif for the year. I jokingly created a new icon the Scrapbooker… here

However I imagine they will reuse the drawers which are still on the site from 16… possibly give them a face-lift?

I can see the event organizers and planners moving away from highly detailed story lines and more to popular figures or movies. They don't have to spend the money, time, or effort to tell the story as it's essentially already known. And the more shallow story lines catch the attraction of a much, much, much larger audience.

I agree with everything in your post and especially the part above. I think that every couple of years the true diehard HHN fans will be given some sort of more complex storyline to sink their teeth in to (a la Legendary Truth) but that overall we will start to see more popular figures/movies play a larger role in the overall event. This coming year being an anniversary year, I'm thinking we'll see old favorites brought back for a reunion of sorts (think Sweet 16). As you mentioned the average Joe has no clue about internal house storylines, icon backstories, etc. To keep the event on an even keel so that the general p public is interested and doesn't feel they are missing something, using popular figures/movies is the way to go. In the end, the event is about generating money.

Wow! A site that actually allows one to discuss the topic for which it is dedicated without fear of locked or deleted topics! Kudos to the site owners and operators!

Thanks. We take pride in the site, as we are fans ourselves and enjoy discussing it with other fans.

I’m excited to see a reunion year… Someone quoted TJ as saying it was a scrapbook motif for the year. I jokingly created a new icon the Scrapbooker… here

However I imagine they will reuse the drawers which are still on the site from 16… possibly give them a face-lift?

As much as I'd love to see all the Houses and SZ's flow together like 15 and 18, I think we all pretty much seem to agree it will be a "best of" year, so let's not forget the Scare Zones. If they were to bring some back, what would you like to see? The first couple that come to mind for me are Field of Screams and Deadtropolis. I'd like to see what you all have for a House and Scare Zone wish list.

As much as I'd love to see all the Houses and SZ's flow together like 15 and 18, I think we all pretty much seem to agree it will be a "best of" year, so let's not forget the Scare Zones. If they were to bring some back, what would you like to see? The first couple that come to mind for me are Field of Screams and Deadtropolis. I'd like to see what you all have for a House and Scare Zone wish list.

House wise, I'd love to see a revisit to Screamhouse...just because that's how I roll. ;) Other that come to mind would be the S.S. Frightanic, Demon Cantina, the original People Under the Stairs (done on a soundstage, not in a free standing house)...those are the four I'd love to see return in some way, shape or form. Preferably in all their former original glory with a few upgrades for the anniversary year!

Scarezone wise, the old original Midway of the Bizarre, Field of Screams, Harvest of the Souls...those are my top three hands down.

Agreed I would love to see Field of Screams done (That was the ONLY year I've ever missed)

Deadtropolis done better would be awesome as well.

I still want to see a completly black and white SZ... but don't know if they could pull it off.

For somereason I'm drawing a blank on other scare zones right now... too early.

Other than that, A house for The Caretaker (Screamhouse), The Director (ANDI), Bloody Mary, The Usher (Doesn't he conflict a bit with a Director house though?), Cindy (Perhaps STIV?), The Storyteller I guess (maybe the skool?), and I'd really like to see the Terra Queen/eelmouth brought back in a house... maybe a best of story from HHN15.

Edited by JWFearman

If we are indeed in for a "Best of" year, here are some houses/scarezones that I would like to see return:

Houses

Hotel Hell

S.S. Frightanic

Run

Screamhouse

Any variation of Psychoscareapy (I still think this would work well as a street as well)

Hellgate Prison

Ghost Town

Castle Vampyr (although the vampire thing has been done quite a few times recently)

Body Collectors

Any or all of the NLC "Big 3"

The Thing

The Hallow

Scarezones

Midway of the Bizarre (in Amity, one can dream, right?)

Field of Screams

The Fright Yard

Harvest of the Souls

Asylum in Wonderland

The Skoolhouse

Exactly! Old school in Amity with the fog so thick you can't see a foot in front of you... ;)

Can there be any other way? Oh, wait.... 2004, 2007. :chainsaw:

I miss the really dense fog from the "old days." For the same reasons that we will probably never see a FoD parade again, we will probably never see a scarezone with any denser fog than we saw in "Containment." :(

Can there be any other way? Oh, wait.... 2004, 2007. :chainsaw:

I miss the really dense fog from the "old days." For the same reasons that we will probably never see a FoD parade again, we will probably never see a scarezone with any denser fog than we saw in "Containment." :(

Midway of the Bizarre 2004 and 2007 = :lol:

Remember during the original dense fog days of Midway of the Bizarre you would hear those blood curdling screams across the lake because people literally couldn't see what was ahead of them...ah, that was classic. Every trip through that scare zone was like a new adventure!

If the new version of dense fog is what we witnessed in "Containment" I think you and I will have to sneak in our own supply of fog to supplement it...LOL ;)

I'd like to see what you all have for a House and Scare Zone wish list.

Even though my first year was just HHN 17, I've long since researched other year's scare zones and houses. One of the scare zones that look like TONS of fun, but I heard it was really messy to clean up, are Treaks and Foons. Also, I'd love to see the Gentleman floating around again. I absolutely loved the atmosphere they created for that era, along with the ball room music.