HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

Hi guys...

I actual think thats a pretty legit idea, for one last year of the old characters, and then a new handfull of 'icons' come out

for the next 20 years.

Plus adding to the speculation, It might have noting to do with it, but for some reason the 'Museum Hallway' reminds me of the UPT.

Sorry if that was already said. I just joined. :)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was listening to the awesome band The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets and was reminded of something when I heard there song Marine Biologist.

What if our Observation Deck were something like this:

vingt-mille-lieues-sous-les-mers-20000-leagues-under-the-sea-07-10-1955-2-2-g.jpg

please don't take this too literally, I do NOT mean that Universal will be using 20.000 Leagues!

And what if it looks out on something like this:

giant_octopus.jpg

fhtagn

I really don't think of halloween when looking at a octopus wrestle with a

cigar(?).

I belive that this is the 2nd year of a 3 year arc that started with

HHN19 which used movies and introduced a Usher at a creepy theater.

So speculating on that, whatever they do this year will tie into

last years and connect with HHN21, but this was MJR who said this(about the 3 year arc)

With him gone it could be a whole new deal.

Just thinking.

I really don't think of halloween when looking at a octopus wrestle with a

cigar(?).

As I said don't take the pictures too literally, I was suggesting something steampunk and Lovecraftian involving a submersible and a Great Old One.

Perhaps the Observation deck looks out over R'lyeh?

I know, just making light of it. I do agree with the

ideal of saying farewell to the past and hello to the

future HHNs, hopefully with new icons and story lines.

Like someone stated, when using exsiting movie characters the

story line is set and the actions of the house can be predictable.

Although I really think Bloody Mary was not fully used, she is

so spooky and wicked, and could be used in almost any setting.

City, country side, suburbs, even a mental hospitial(?).

I like that red herring speculation. If Shadows of the Past was indeed a red herring, then A&D knows how to play with the minds of the fanboys.

Also, auditions for Rocky Horror haven't been posted and on the FAQ page, they mention B&T but not Rocky Horror. I am happy to say that we probably will not see that show again this year :)

I belive that this is the 2nd year of a 3 year arc that started with

HHN19 which used movies and introduced a Usher at a creepy theater.

So speculating on that, whatever they do this year will tie into

last years and connect with HHN21, but this was MJR who said this(about the 3 year arc)

With him gone it could be a whole new deal.

The only thing connecting the RoF and UPT is Carey, Ohio right now. (Which was where the Skoolhouse was also, am I correct?) If so then maybe they will just make something take place in Carey again. in RoF it was were Agana was from and in 09 it was where LTC and The Spawing were located, so it didnt really play a huge role, but connected the two (even having Agana's head in LTC) So maybe this year we will see something with Carey again, but I dont see it playing a HUGE role

http://www.careyohio.org/ So, I just read through the actual website for the town of Carey, Ohio. I couldn't help but laugh at how innocent they want us to believe their town is (haha.) I think they need to inspect every one of those trees, and test the meat in those butcher shops!

Anyways, on a more relevant note. . . if the speculation about the red light meaning red herring is correct, I doubt speculation in future years will be very easy. Universal's creative team seems to be good at keeping their lips shut when they aren't licensing characters from other production companies. Also, the ability to hide the majority of their permit info probably didn't hurt.

Edited by ohaaron

I was listening to the awesome band The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets and was reminded of something when I heard there song Marine Biologist.

vingt-mille-lieues-sous-les-mers-20000-leagues-under-the-sea-07-10-1955-2-2-g.jpg

please don't take this too literally, I do NOT mean that Universal will be using 20.000 Leagues!

giant_octopus.jpg

fhtagn

Oh, i just saw that movie two days ago, pretty good movie.

Octopus fighting a cigar Lmao!

If they did something like this, it would be really epic. specially if they are looking at something really scary.

About the red light in the shadows of the past, doesn't that part of the park always have red light? i remember taking some pictures in another year from there, and it was red as well

Oh, i just saw that movie two days ago, pretty good movie.

Octopus fighting a cigar Lmao!

If they did something like this, it would be really epic. specially if they are looking at something really scary.

About the red light in the shadows of the past, doesn't that part of the park always have red light? i remember taking some pictures in another year from there, and it was red as well

In 2006, Sting Alley was used for Deadtropolis: Zombie Siege, if I remember clearly it was green lighting.

giant_octopus.jpg

fhtagn

I know the user Andrew Ryan will appreciate this - but I would love a Haunted House based off of the Bioshock games. I watched my fiance play through those a couple months ago, and the whole time I was thinking of how awesome a House it would make! Perhaps it could be something along those lines, without being literal. For those who haven't played Bioshock, it takes place in an underwater community where the majority of the people living there have gone out of their minds - they basically have turned into tweeking zombies, and they're scary as hell. Plus it's set in the 50s (? pretty sure... it's been a while now) so the music and settings are very iconic. Universal could really take an idea like that and create something really original in a house. Probably won't happen, but I would LOVE it.

I've been campaigning for a BioShock house for several years now. No luck so far. There are actually quite a few games that could be turned into houses, but unfortunately I don't see them using a game as the basis for anything. Perhaps if the film weren't in limbo...

it funny how u mention bioshock cause i just started playing bio shock for the frist time and wat a awesome and scary ass house that would be seeing the splicers talking and see big daddies and lil sisters coming out of the darkness with only yellow eyes but im sure what ever universal has plans for this year wont be disappointed given the fact it the 20th anniversary

This has nothing to do with anything that's being speculated, but the picture of the octopus on the previous page reminded me of a past house that didn't get to live to it's highest potential. Creatures! was an awesome house, and an awesome idea. But due to the fact that the monsters were so big we never actually got to see many monsters... I'd like to see those monsters some how be used. Doesn't have to be in the same house, but I think they deserve some use. They were really cool costumes! It seems like such a waste to just never use them.

This has nothing to do with anything that's being speculated, but the picture of the octopus on the previous page reminded me of a past house that didn't get to live to it's highest potential. Creatures! was an awesome house, and an awesome idea. But due to the fact that the monsters were so big we never actually got to see many monsters... I'd like to see those monsters some how be used. Doesn't have to be in the same house, but I think they deserve some use. They were really cool costumes! It seems like such a waste to just never use them.

Thank you, someone finally appreciated our house :-) Unfortunately when the creatures didn't fit, they cut them all up and put them in random areas of the house, and the one creature we did have was a HORRIBLE costume to wear. It hurt so bad and I for one would actually turn down a role for HHN if they offered me that one

Thank you, someone finally appreciated our house :-) Unfortunately when the creatures didn't fit, they cut them all up and put them in random areas of the house, and the one creature we did have was a HORRIBLE costume to wear. It hurt so bad and I for one would actually turn down a role for HHN if they offered me that one

Darn... Oh well. Maybe we'll see some monster similar in the future.

How was it at IOA? I get alot of mixed reviews about it when it was over there. I know they most likely wont do it over there again; they had alot of legal issues w/ the widow of Dr. Suess (I heard it had something to do with her not allowing Universal to "besmerch the image of her husbands work." Or something like that lol

IOA is not the place for HHN. For me personally it has to do with tradition, the Studios are the true "home" to the event. The overall environment at the studios just lends itself better to a Halloween themed event IMHO. IOA is too restrictive in terms of themes and just far too small of a park to accomodate the crowds that we now see. Fright Nights started at the Studios and turned into HHN there as well, holding the event anywhere is sacrilege in my book...LOL

Amazing and fascinating things are coming out way kids, so stop obsessing with the past and get ready for a future of new and horrifying things you aren't expecting.

So nice to see you joining us once again sweetie! ;)

Also, auditions for Rocky Horror haven't been posted and on the FAQ page, they mention B&T but not Rocky Horror. I am happy to say that we probably will not see that show again this year :)

If they don't come up with a stellar B&T this year, it may go the way of the dodo bird soon as well. RHPS was only destined to last so long due to what I view as limited variations on the show they could put on. B&T has been hit or miss for the past several years.

The biggest problem with IOA is size. Universal is still used for filming, so they've got a number of large soundstages that can be filled with huge houses. The streets are also huge and better for supporting large crowds, with a number of large, open areas.

IOA, however, is more like a classic theme park, like Busch Gardens or Six Flags. The paths are generally much narrower and the area is filled with as many rides as possible. As such, there's not only no room for scareactors on the streets when the crowds are heavy, there's no room for houses. Rides have to be shut down for the duration of the construction and event (and the time needed afterward to tear everything down) to allow for houses to be placed in the queues, and they even had to shut down a restaurant and the Discovery Center in Jurassic Park to make use of the open space they had after cleaning out the building.

It's not tradition as much as it is pragmatism.

The biggest problem with IOA is size. Universal is still used for filming, so they've got a number of large soundstages that can be filled with huge houses. The streets are also huge and better for supporting large crowds, with a number of large, open areas.

IOA, however, is more like a classic theme park, like Busch Gardens or Six Flags. The paths are generally much narrower and the area is filled with as many rides as possible. As such, there's not only no room for scareactors on the streets when the crowds are heavy, there's no room for houses. Rides have to be shut down for the duration of the construction and event (and the time needed afterward to tear everything down) to allow for houses to be placed in the queues, and they even had to shut down a restaurant and the Discovery Center in Jurassic Park to make use of the open space they had after cleaning out the building.

It's not tradition as much as it is pragmatism.

In my book, it's tradition... ;)

And as I stated, IOA isn't exactly a blank slate with the heavily themed islands. At the Studios, many of the streets and storefronts could be "Anywhere in the World" so to speak. I would tend to think it would be much easier to create scarezones with a blank slate than try to incorporate them into an already heavily themed area.

Oh and again...it's tradition. :D

In my book, it's tradition... ;)

And as I stated, IOA isn't exactly a blank slate with the heavily themed islands. At the Studios, many of the streets and storefronts could be "Anywhere in the World" so to speak. I would tend to think it would be much easier to create scarezones with a blank slate than try to incorporate them into an already heavily themed area.

Oh and again...it's tradition. :D

I agree completely, IOA is too "themed" to have a blank slate to start with. I was at HHN 13 at IOA and in my opinion the studios provides a better overall feel for the event. With the themes of the areas in the studios you can turn the streets into whatever you want them to be and your right it's tradition and in my opinion you just don't mess with tradition.

My my my, plenty of wishes and dreams and not too much on the true speculation side, tsk tsk tsk.

Just some things to keep in mind, JMR, while a major player when it came (notice I just said came, past tense) to HHN was not the be all end all of HHN. It is a true team effort back there with everyone lending ideas and fleshing out storylines and designs. And now JMR is no longer a part of that team. In the time since his departure a lot of what was on the roster for HHN XX has changed. Various elements have been partially or completely altered while many others have been done away with and replaced by others. The event as he knew it before leaving is not the event as it is now and even if he were to come on here and post anything it would only be speculation, or anecdotes about what was a part of the event when he was a part of it. Yes his resume says he worked on the development of HHN XX, and that is a totally valid and honest statement. It just so happens that the development he did changed drastically after his departure.

As with all things in life, change is an inevitability and a new era of fear is rapidly approaching so forget about that reunion because there's a lot of new and interesting things on the horizon. Thats not to say you wont see something familiar here and there, but to be honest, who wants to see the same characters and houses over and over again every year?

And yes, for at least this year, let go of the desire for movie based houses, while they can come in handy from time to time, HHN is kind of above that. There is so much they can do and such terrifying images they can unleash when they allow their creativity to run free and not be limited by some pre-existing character they had to borrow and try to make their own without straying too far from that original character's storyline.

Amazing and fascinating things are coming out way kids, so stop obsessing with the past and get ready for a future of new and horrifying things you aren't expecting.

And no, Robosaurus will not be back ;)

2.gif... Yay the voice of reason!!!