HHN 25 Discussion

You may not like the arguably unsupportive approach some actors are taking to this issue, but they are right. Just like with any other profession, if you can't handle being a scareactor, don't be a scareactor. It's really that simple, because the nature of the event, ugly side included, is NOT going to change in order to accommodate the newbies. Yeah, it sucks, but it's been like this for 25 years. ALL haunted attractions have these same problems, albeit on different scales. 

And some of the suggestions I'm seeing to try to "fix" the event are, quite frankly, completely inane and just bad business acumen. You can't always make everything perfect. If there were some magic bullet that could make HHN all rainbows and unicorns for everyone involved, Universal would have already used it. Also, many newer guests don't seem to realize how much the event has already  been affected (for the worse) by increased security measures and policies. They can only do so much.

Just be thankful Fox News doesn't get a hold of this story, or the scareactors will be rolling around in protective bubbles next year.

I agree 100%. Even working at my local haunt, I have been punched in the face and kicked in the jewels a few times. I can only imagine how much worse it is for the HHN scareactors. As much as I feel bad for them however, it is part of the job. When invading people's personal space and going beyond their comfort zone, there is going to be occasional backlash.

FFP people can still go on the last night, so don't expect Halloween to open up.

Yeah, I'm leaning that way as well.  In 2013, they made the announcement by now to open up the weekend.  And with this year's final night being an open night for FFPs, there's really no need.  However, some said last year's final weekend was really dead.  It could be a game time decision, but I'm not expecting it.  I'm fine with the final night being an open night for FFPs.  They may see how Friday goes and then decide last minute for Saturday.

Between being both a Saturday and Halloween. Logical thinking would conclude no for an extra FFP day. They've already extended the hours this week. Earlier a majority were 1AM closes and now all but sunday are 2AM and even Sunday could change; who knows. Hollywood went as far as adding a few extra dates in. As Clash said; Sunday is still open.

Edited by MissBA
  • Like 1

I went last night for what would be the final time this year, it was very bittersweet. I did all the houses then did my favorites; M&M, Insidious, BC, and FVJ twice. I ended my HHN season with Monsters and Mayhem because I thought that would give the best send off.

If you are interested in a person on the internet you don't know's opinion (I know you all are). Here are my final rankings:

HOUSES

M&M: 10/10

AWIL: 10/10

Insidious: 10/10

FVJ: 9/10

Body Collectors: 8/10

Purge: 6/10

Run: 4/10

Walking Dead: 3/10

Asylum: 2/10

SCARE ZONES:

Psychoscareapy: 8/10

Evil's Roots: 7/10

Icons: 7/10

Die In: 6/10

Scary Tales: 3/10

SHOWS:

Bill and Ted: 6/10

Carnage: 4/10

EVENT OVERALL: 7/10

All in all I had a lot of fun this year and it was a solid event minus a few blunders in my opinion, but just leaves room for more greatness in the future. I'm already craving rumors for 2016!

• Like 2

My least liked houses were Run, Asylum and Purge. But these last week all 3 houses have been very intense and the scares have been more closer (actors coming out more often) feels like they got better. 

I know it is kicking a dead horse but walking dead is still just as disappointing as the very first day. you  see improvement on every house except WD. And It is obvious this is not the actors' fault but it is probably coming from AMC. I did WD today and i just found it funny that you can really notice the improvement on all the other houses  because of WD's stagnation lol. I know the actors are doing what they are told, Don't meant to be so negative... but omg.

My least liked houses were Run, Asylum and Purge. But these last week all 3 houses have been very intense and the scares have been more closer (actors coming out more often) feels like they got better. 

I know it is kicking a dead horse but walking dead is still just as disappointing as the very first day. you  see improvement on every house except WD. And It is obvious this is not the actors' fault but it is probably coming from AMC. I did WD today and i just found it funny that you can really notice the improvement on all the other houses  because of WD's stagnation lol. I know the actors are doing what they are told, Don't meant to be so negative... but omg.

Is it a for sure thing that scare actors in TWD are told to remain slower to stay faithful to the show's zombies? I was in TWD (2012 in Hollywood) and we were able to come out as fast as possible as long as we still maneuvered like a zombie. May not have been 100% faithful to the show's slow moving zombies, but scares come first IMO. 

Edited by Arsik_22
  • Like 1

Is it a for sure thing that scare actors in TWD are told to remain slower to stay faithful to the show's zombies? I was in TWD (2012 in Hollywood) and we were able to come out as fast as possible as long as we still maneuvered like a zombie. May not have been 100% faithful to the show's slow moving zombies, but scares come first IMO. 

for the past years that walking dead has been at the event that is what I remember hearing from some of the people working. to be like that.  (i remember in 2012 hearing how they were told to slow it down)

Edited by clash
  • Like 1

HHN Orlando is still a marquee event, but as a person who has seen it evolve to the "Sell out" years where they had to open portions of the park not being used for HHN for crowd control, to the decline of what we have today I feel the event needs more JMR and less California. 100 min waits are not long compared to years past when 240 min or more were common and accepted for the product that was put out.

For a "casual" event attendee the event is still amazing, but those who have been around for years came to expect next year to be greater than the last. Sweet 16 seems to be the mid point. Detailed backstories, and Original event Icons have given way to IP's. Yes I enjoy some of the IP's but not near as much as A&D's Originals.

• Like 2

saw this before... was this a nod on the Simpsons? could this mean some Simpsons related HHN stuff next year? 
Or just a random joke? just very interesting 

ls20snl.jpg?1

Well the entire episode's plot revolved around Lisa being too frightened after visiting Krusty Land Halloween Horror Nights. Homer had a good bit about paying too much money.

It was definetly a nod to Universal. The entrance of the park was the same as the Simpsons ride, but with Ktusty themed to Dracula.

With all the money Comcast is throwing into the park, I really wish they'd make that Treehouse of Horror overlay happen. Would be a great people eater on busy nights.

• Like 1

oh well... that makes sense... duh for me, I didn't watch the show but seeing the pic made me wonder. The fact that the clowns were allowed to roam Springfield gives me some hope that Treehouse of Horror might be coming... 

Edited by clash

Did anyone go for the final night? I guess it was foolish to think, but I was really taken back with how crowded it was.  Coming in, I saw more people at the will call Windows,than any other night I've been.  And the express lines were some of the longest out of all my nights. FvJ's EP line at one point was literally backed up to the entrance.  Same with Insidious.  Not how I envisioned the final night going but at the same time, I had my fill.

Here's an interesting tidbit for those that didn't know: when the IAAPA show is in town later this month, they take some attendees (not sure how access is granted but likely IAAPA membership is one requirement) over to Uni and they get to go through a couple of the houses not demoed. Complete with actors.  I'm jealous.

• Like 3

Did anyone go for the final night? I guess it was foolish to think, but I was really taken back with how crowded it was.  Coming in, I saw more people at the will call Windows,than any other night I've been.  And the express lines were some of the longest out of all my nights. FvJ's EP line at one point was literally backed up to the entrance.  Same with Insidious.  Not how I envisioned the final night going but at the same time, I had my fill.

Here's an interesting tidbit for those that didn't know: when the IAAPA show is in town later this month, they take some attendees (not sure how access is granted but likely IAAPA membership is one requirement) over to Uni and they get to go through a couple of the houses not demoed. Complete with actors.  I'm jealous.

Yeah, I went thinking I was going to be able to do some houses or something and when I got there at 7 30 the entrance was packed all the way to the bridge 

then when i was inside, since I didn't want to wait an hour all I could do was the Jack show and hang out in the streets. that was all I could do without doing any long lines