HHN 25 Discussion

Mods, feel free to delete or move this, didn't now where it should go but it's tangentially related to HHN25:

http://www.tracking-board.com/tb-exclusive-new-line-cinema-plots-new-nightmare-on-elm-street-reboot/

One, two Freddy’s coming for you. Three, four a remake’s in store. In an effort to ensure that audiences never sleep again, New Line Cinema is moving forward with a remake/reboot of the iconic horror franchise NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET. Plans are to scrap the lackluster 2010 reboot and start with a fresh new take....

At first glance, the way the shadow figure walked, my first thought was Michael Myers, but that, I'm sure, is wishful. 

funny you should say that... The final part reminded me of this scene from Halloween II (which of course is a Universal picture). Would love that to happen, but alas...

Edited by Speechless_UK
  • Like 1

Let's just be honest, HHN is dropping the ball already this year. 

Maybe they're dropping the ball at making die hard fans 100% happy but the way the reveals are happening seem to be pleasing the general public on the social media sites. Plus, all of us here on this site are the hardest to satisfy, but overall with the exception of some Walking Dead fatigue, people seem to be very excited for this year - understandably so because the line up sounds incredible from the leaked line-up.

Edited by Arsik_22
  • Like 1

"This is horrible, they aren't announcing any houses (that we all already know)!  PR sucks!  Marketing sucks!  They are ignoring the die hard fans...."

They release a cryptic and unique video

"This is horrible, the video sucks!  PR sucks!  Marketing sucks!  They are insulting the die hard fans...."

Further proof that no matter what you do, you can't make the Internet happy.

• Like 5

Not trying to bring the hate on this lovely Friday but I am seriously starting to wonder what is happening with the announcements/teases.  My memory may be fuzzy but I feel like we had more teases and a more evenly spread out release of "content" in years past whether that be announcement, photo/written teases etc.  Wonder if there is something going on behind the scenes that is tying everyone up. 

I am as excited as ever for this year (I'm that dumb sheeple person who enjoys it every year regardless) but I do wish we had more substance in terms of marketing/announcements.  On the bright side with six weeks to go they can't hold out much longer!

Edited by Chris90day

I'm with you Chris! They definitely will have to give us all what we want soon as far as official releases!  

I wonder though, I know that past few years when things were in a lull...we got word of "changes" that occurred last minute, and such?

Yet this year, we have gotten no rumblings at all? Anybody got anything at all to shed light on? 

Guest kiwisoup

I don't understand how people can act like marketing or lack thereof can practically ruin an event. Once you go to the event, none of that matters and has no bearing on your enjoyment of the event. We already know that 21 was the last year of fleshed-out backstories, so we aren't getting that. Is it really that big of a deal to have something you ALREADY KNOW announced? All you get a a quick  obvious description, an over-used promo graphic, and maybe a teaser video that practically tells you nothing except maybe some recycled clips of past years houses and more vague descriptions and hype. I've found over the years, that the less I know about the event, the more I enjoy it. I have a history of pretty much ruining my enjoyment by watching too many videos and such since they started allowing media to record. If you want to be disappointed in a lack of announcements, then fine...but to act like it really matters in the end is a stretch. If anything it'll just attract more people to be in line ahead of you for the houses, because if you're here you don't need exposure and promotion to go to the event....

Were you guys aware that a show called South of Hell existed? 

http://deadline.com/2014/11/south-of-hell-directors-ti-west-rachel-talalay-jennifer-lynch-jeremiah-chelchik-eli-roth-jason-blum-we-tv-1201281716/

I can't find it's premiere date anywhere, but it definitely sounds like a show I'd be interested in. Eli Roth, Jason Blum and Jennifer Lynch are a few of the directors involved with this show, yet somehow I just found out about it today... odd.

As far as that last HHN video goes... who would be impressed or even satisfied with it? It is impossible to make everyone happy, but was anyone thoroughly pleased with it? I'm anxious to see what the next video is going to consist of mainly because I can't wait to see if it actually can get worse. 

Does everyone forget that pre-2012, they didn't reveal ANYTHING until the last week of August? Sure, it's unusual for the past few years, but it's not totally uncommon. Within the next 3 weeks will have all the information for this year's event. Besides, we already know everything. Does it matter if everything's revealed today or in a few weeks?

• Like 2

Besides, we already know everything. Does it matter if everything's revealed today or in a few weeks?

FINALLY someone acknowledges this. I thought I was going crazy. I see people whining about announcements, and I'm thinking "Don't you know the list already? The GP should be the ones complaining, if at all.".

Does everyone forget that pre-2012, they didn't reveal ANYTHING until the last week of August? Sure, it's unusual for the past few years, but it's not totally uncommon. Within the next 3 weeks will have all the information for this year's event. Besides, we already know everything. Does it matter if everything's revealed today or in a few weeks?

pre-2012 we had a website that slowly built that gave hints of the horrors to come. We didn't have announcements, but we had clues to speculate on. 

We we did get this from Mike today:

@HorrorNightsORL: #HHN25 - Construction Continues! -m http://t.co/gnfIYPwUzX

• Like 1

FINALLY someone acknowledges this. I thought I was going crazy. I see people whining about announcements, and I'm thinking "Don't you know the list already? The GP should be the ones complaining, if at all.".

Funny. Some of the most amusing feedback (+/-) comes from the gp... which is why we need more announcements. It gives everyone something to talk about.

Where do you think that fencing will end up? Onstage somewhere for the show?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

"This is horrible, they aren't announcing any houses (that we all already know)!  PR sucks!  Marketing sucks!  They are ignoring the die hard fans...."

They release a cryptic and unique video

"This is horrible, the video sucks!  PR sucks!  Marketing sucks!  They are insulting the die hard fans...."

Further proof that no matter what you do, you can't make the Internet happy.

They have a chance to redeem themselves and it's atrociously bad. That reaffirms the view that marketing is horrendous.

They have a chance to redeem themselves and it's atrociously bad. That reaffirms the view that marketing is horrendous.

You're still attending. They're not marketing toward you because they don't need to. Believe it or not, the job requires research and demographic studies that influence who would want to go if they see certain things in the releases / videos.

About that sign, my eyes assumed it was in natural daylight but I'm not sure right now. They should start putting up the street stuff soon, right?

• Like 1

A little bit off topic I guess and I aren't sure if this is a stupid question or not as I have never attended when he has been at HHN but do they get the same person to play Jack every time he is at the event? And if not how do they decide out of all those people who would play him best? If anybody knows the answer to that second part of course. 

A little bit off topic I guess and I aren't sure if this is a stupid question or not as I have never attended when he has been at HHN but do they get the same person to play Jack every time he is at the event? And if not how do they decide out of all those people who would play him best? If anybody knows the answer to that second part of course. 

For media appearances, It's all the same guy. In the park, they're lookalikes / soundalikes of the actor.