HHN 25 Discussion

I have a questions for those of you that live down there. When does Universal begin advertising the event on commercials? Did they already start advertising yet? Do you think they would combine the 4 short videos and release it as 1 commercial starting in a couple weeks (Aug. 25th)?

That's rather subjective as their commercials the past couple years have largely been recycled with TWD.  They had TWD in the airline terminal last year.  It's been a long time since I've seen an HHN commercial that would make you excited, veteran or not.  Believe me, you're not missing anything not living down here.  Diagon Alley commercials were just recycled Hogsmeade opening commercials - which were poorly put together to begin with.  Can't see this year being any different except maybe plugging in the 25th Anniversary logo.  Near the end of this month we'll start seeing the billboards go up.  I like those only for them being a daily reminder during work commutes that it's almost go time!

Honestly, I doubt it would be based on the show. There are no memorable sets and/or characters in the show that could or should be replicated in a maze. With the original movie, you have the high school, Casey's house, Sidney's house, and Stu's house (the big party finale) as far as settings go. For characters, not only could they have Ghostface, but they could also have the bloodied-up Stu and Billy as scareactors. With the show, you have blow-up doll Ghostface and a few generic houses. That's it.

AAAND I direct you to an obscure show on the El Rey network about a cult movie that should have just been done rightly

• Like 3

Hey, I haven't been to a HHN that's featured a "RUN" house. Anyone care to explain how it works? Is it basically a house you run through? How do they handle crowding and congestion?

Hey, I haven't been to a HHN that's featured a "RUN" house. Anyone care to explain how it works? Is it basically a house you run through? How do they handle crowding and congestion?

The original "RUN" was set to be Eddie's house in 2001 before he was scrapped due to 9/11. Though he did not appear in the maze, the maze its self was still there. It was themed to a demented game show in which you tried to escape with your life (think "The Running Man"). It was mainly chain-link walls that would move around, open, and close. Meanwhile, you were being pursued by chainsaw-wielding maniacs. From what I've heard, it was a lot different than any other maze at HHN. Fewer people were let in at a time, and they tried to get out as fast as possible.

"RUN: Hostile Territory" was nothing like the original "RUN." It was a standard HHN maze inspired by the movie "Hostel."

• Like 1

"RUN: Hostile Territory" was nothing like the original "RUN." It was a standard HHN maze inspired by the movie "Hostel."

Well they did have doors that opened and slammed in your face. Just very little in comparison. Still I doubt they will have anything like the original the captures the feel of the original. It was a fluke. Maybe more chain link but I mean if you hear the description it doesn't sound amazing. It was all in the implementation... and the crowds just won't let them do that anymore.

• Like 1

How many actors do they cast for Bill & Ted? If they want to do something with all 17 Republican Presidential candidates they'd have to double the actors' roles, which isn't a new concept for them (See Red & Else and Ice Cube & the Somali Pirate from last year's show)

Been reading for a while, thought it was time to post 

I am a web developer full time so did some digging into the website code and found the leak the previous article was mentioning. 

This is the link to the current image displayed https://moments.universalorlando.com/images/hhn/jack_2.png 

Changing the URL to jack_3 reveals the following logo which has scream added. 

https://moments.universalorlando.com/images/hhn/jack_3.png

So scream is confirmed 

jack_3.png

Good thing with using IPs is they'll eventually not HAVE IPs to use because they'll done them all.

Sad, Scream is a horrendous IP. Besides the opening scene I can barely remember a single memorable thing from the movies

There's other memorable things about the franchise that will stick in your mind.

I haven't watched the movie in like a decade, but some things still come to mind as iconic moments:  Guy ductaped up in a chair.  Garage door scene (damn Rose McGowan was hot in the movie),  The voice modulator thing,,,they can basically have it scream anything in the house with foot triggers.  The behind the door scare.  Vaugly remember something about the Fonze being killed.  The original Drew Barrymore kill (though I tend to remember the Carmen Electra implant kill from Scary Movie more since I've seen it more recently).

I'm sure anything else they did would instantly be recognizable to me as well.

Been reading for a while, thought it was time to post 

I am a web developer full time so did some digging into the website code and found the leak the previous article was mentioning. 

This is the link to the current image displayed https://moments.universalorlando.com/images/hhn/jack_2.png 

Changing the URL to jack_3 reveals the following logo which has scream added. 

https://moments.universalorlando.com/images/hhn/jack_3.png

So scream is confirmed 

This was also posted on our homepage yesterday.

http://www.horrornightnightmares.com/2015/08/scream-unofficially-officially-announced-for-hhn25/

Remember this was fusked out of the site... this is not official. Things can change. Notice that huge delay in releases. I would probably think strange things are afoot SOMEWHERE at the Circle K. Never believe it 100% till it happens. :)

• Like 7