HHN 25 Discussion

Hi all! I am new to this forum  and have been going to hhn for the last ten years. Is it just me or does it seem Hollywood has a much more exciting line up this year? Anyome have any thoughts on the next house they will be announcing? 

Hi all! I am new to this forum  and have been going to hhn for the last ten years. Is it just me or does it seem Hollywood has a much more exciting line up this year? Anyome have any thoughts on the next house they will be announcing? 

Welcome! Hollywood is doing a much better job sustaining hype, that's why it seems more exciting. When it comes to the actual lineup we'll be far superior.

Hollywoods lineup including the two that are leaked but not announced yet is 2 of the same as us (TWD and insidious), 2 we just had last year (AVP and Halloween), 1 very weird questionable IP that I'm not sure how that's gonna work, but it could be good (this is the end) and 1 IP that sounds great and I am truly jealous of (Crimson Peak). While John definitely does a better job promoting it on Twitter, I definitely think our lineup is better. Though damn do I want Crimson Peak so bad. But Scream, FVJ, Alice In Wonderland, Body collectors/Psychoscareapy and anniversary house more than beat Crimson Peak to me. 

I agree our lineup is much more exciting than Hollywood's. Based on what Murdy said last night, their Halloween maze will be nearly identical to ours from last year.

But the one rumored yet to be revealed maze that both excites and puzzles me is of course This Is The End.

I do not know if the Hollywood leak is legit, although with four mazes and a show all matching up perfectly it certainly seems to be the case. But I watched this film last night and was flabbergasted. How are they going to pull this off?

There are so many problems that I cannot comprehend it at all. From legal problems of actors' rights to control their likenesses to controversy over a maze that basically, is about the Christian Rapture, I cannot imagine them even wanting to take it on!

Not to mention the problems of capturing the film in any legitimate and accurate way without including some very questionable sexual situations (Rape? can they reference that at all in today's climate?) and copious drug use!

But if they are able to pull this off and do it well and correctly, then absolutely I would go to Hollywood this year just for that maze alone - if I had the opportunity to do so, if for no other reason than for the final scene.

If they do it the way the film ended, that would be epic beyond belief!

I mean, Backstreet Boys in Theme Park Heaven!!!!

I hope no one is too inconvenienced by my going a bit off topic in a thread that's about Orlando and not Hollywood, but we are comparing the line-up so I think this still fits in here.

• Like 3

I agree our lineup is much more exciting than Hollywood's. Based on what Murdy said last night, their Halloween maze will be nearly identical to ours from last year.

But the one rumored yet to be revealed maze that both excites and puzzles me is of course This Is The End.

I do not know if the Hollywood leak is legit, although with four mazes and a show all matching up perfectly it certainly seems to be the case. But I watched this film last night and was flabbergasted. How are they going to pull this off?

There are so many problems that I cannot comprehend it at all. From legal problems of actors' rights to control their likenesses to controversy over a maze that basically, is about the Christian Rapture, I cannot imagine them even wanting to take it on!

Not to mention the problems of capturing the film in any legitimate and accurate way without including some very questionable sexual situations (Rape? can they reference that at all in today's climate?) and copious drug use!

But if they are able to pull this off and do it well and correctly, then absolutely I would go to Hollywood this year just for that maze alone - if I had the opportunity to do so, if for no other reason than for the final scene.

I hope no one is too inconvenienced by my going a bit off topic in a thread that's about Orlando and not Hollywood, but we are comparing the line-up so I think this still fits in here.

I had imagined/assumed that This Is The End was going to be a replacement for the Bill & Ted show. 

Well... the rumor is that Jonah Hill is doing videos for the house. Aside from that, it'll basically be demons and BDSM biker-gangs attacking LA. While I'm positive a portion of it will be in Franco's house, I think the actual sell of the house is going to be apocalypse and less the movie's story.

Edited by Legacy

Well... the rumor is that Jonah Hill is doing videos for the house. Aside from that, it'll basically be demons and BDSM biker-gangs attacking LA. While I'm positive a portion of it will be in Franco's house, I think the actual sell of the house is going to be apocalypse and less the movie's story.

ah, well that's much easier to imagine them doing. That could be good. 

Good point yall. The crimson peak house is what I am jealous of,but  as the movie is not out yet it is possible it may not be done a well as it could be post movie. I am hoping for a scream house (the movie not the show)

This is the end. That could be interesting.  

Well, if that's all they do with it, then it wouldn't be worth it for me to attempt to get over to Hollywood this year.

At the very least they could throw a King Charles Spaniel with a halo in there! :P

I have a feeling if the movie and maze in Hollywood are well received we'll get Crimson Peak next year.

The movie would have to win the weekend to have a prayer of showing up in Orlando. And even then, I would doubt it. The other modern franchises they've used in Orlando (that weren't used before releasing) tend to have big openings or multiple films. I have feeling Crimson Peak will have neither.

The movie would have to win the weekend to have a prayer of showing up in Orlando. And even then, I would doubt it. The other modern franchises they've used in Orlando (that weren't used before releasing) tend to have big openings or multiple films. I have feeling Crimson Peak will have neither.

Cabin in the Woods?

• Like 1

Cabin in the Woods?

(I knew this would be brought up.)

Cabin in the Woods was fought for by A&D and was a cheap property to license. It was an instant cult classic, directed by a massive box office draw of a director and will be the exception. When A&D turns down the chance to synergize with a GDT movie, released by their parent company, there's a reason. Don't expect Crimson Peak in Orlando.

• Like 3

To be honest... I would have loved it if they brought back Halloween again this year. They could have pulled material from some of the other films and I would have been ecstatic. Last year's Halloween house was 1 of my favorite houses I've been through. I was literally clapping at scenes almost non-stop as I was walking through. C'mon... they even had a Halloween 3 Silver Shamrock cameo!

• Like 1

So, I got an email from Universal saying I won two tickets to Jack's Ball and 25th closing celebration event on November 1st. Did anybody else receive this? and also, do you guys think it'd be worth the drive down from Cincinnati? I'm going Oct 1-5 no matter what but I'm seriously considering going back down for Jack's Ball and the closing event party.

Look at Jack's mouth compared to the rest of the wall. all lined up like that doesn't just happen if the other boards are split at random places.

that mouth is a door.

This furthers my belief that this is a piece for the stage show. 

Check the last 2 twitter posts. They are going to announce run.

I would agree, but then I considered the "...and don't look back" portion of the quote. 

Looking back and tripping/falling is a horror movie cliche. The phrase would fit well as one of "the rules" in the Scream franchise. 

I also feel that Run, without its original moving maze gimmick, lacks the necessary "punch" for a lone release. 

Edited by mystiquephreeq

So, I got an email from Universal saying I won two tickets to Jack's Ball and 25th closing celebration event on November 1st. Did anybody else receive this? and also, do you guys think it'd be worth the drive down from Cincinnati? I'm going Oct 1-5 no matter what but I'm seriously considering going back down for Jack's Ball and the closing event party.

Congrats!

This furthers my belief that this is a piece for the stage show. 

I would agree, but then I considered the "...and don't look back" portion of the quote. 

Looking back and tripping/falling is a horror movie cliche. The phrase would fit well as one of "the rules" in the Scream franchise. 

I also feel that Run, without its original moving maze gimmick, lacks the necessary "punch" for a lone release. 

That is true, I could definitely see it being the Scream announcement.

Guest kiwisoup

Hollywood just posted "Run! Michael Myers is seeking bloody revenge on new and unsuspecting victims"...that could just as easily been taken as a tease for a Run house only we know they're not getting one. I wouldn't read too much into it...I feel like they wouldn't use such a generic picture for an actual house tease.