HHN 25 Discussion

Why does Run have to belong to anybody? Can't it just stand on its own?

NO! Don't be ridiculous. Eddie has been a staple of the Run houses and has been in every one as a major character...well sort of...I mean he wasn't in the original Run. He was supposed to be but was taken out when they dropped him for Jack. But he was the star of Run: Hostile Territory...well actually he was only in one or two scenes...well actually is was just someone who sort of looked like him BUT he was on the house logo so there's that!

Never mind, I guess it could stand alone. 

Edited by Gambit
  • Like 1

I'm curious about what you're expecting that makes it a "proper" anniversary house.

Basically one that's not mediocre and a giant waste of potential like Hollow'd Past. Lol nothing specific honestly, I just want the house that celebrates the event's history to be great this time.

Also:

If both leaked lists are correct, there are no more shared properties. 

I have a lot more faith in our leaked list vs. Hollywood's.

I wouldn't have thought Murdy would repeat the same house in back to back years (AvP).

I'm also having a difficult time imagining him using This is the End as a house, but who knows...

So... is Scream up next, or are they going to drop the AWiL repeat right after TWD?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

I have a lot more faith in our leaked list vs. Hollywood's.

I wouldn't have thought Murdy would repeat the same house in back to back years (AvP).

I'm also having a difficult time imagining him using This is the End as a house, but who knows...

So... is Scream up next, or are they going to drop the AWiL repeat right after TWD?

Not sure what we will get next, but the dates on the sweepstake's site. 

8/4 (today) being the first, then 8/11, 8/18, & 8/25

Basically one that's not mediocre and a giant waste of potential like Hollow'd Past. Lol nothing specific honestly, I just want the house that celebrates the event's history to be great this time.

Ah... well, this one could be that in spades.

NO! Don't be ridiculous. Eddie has been a staple of the Run houses and has been in every one as a major character...well sort of...I mean he wasn't in the original Run. He was supposed to be but was taken out when they dropped him for Jack. But he was the star of Run: Hostile Territory...well actually he was only in one or two scenes...well actually is was just someone who sort of looked like him BUT he was on the house logo so there's that!

Never mind, I guess it could stand alone. 

:lol: You see my point. It's not even just Eddie, though. It doesn't have to be Jack's, or Fortuna's, or Bloodengutz's, or Nightingale #7.
Just be excited that it's RUN.

• Like 1

Ah... well, this one could be that in spades.

:lol: You see my point. It's not even just Eddie, though. It doesn't have to be Jack's, or Fortuna's, or Bloodengutz's, or Nightingale #7.Just be excited that it's RUN.

I find the concept of Nightengale #7 oddly fascinating and humorous...

I kinda want it now. 

But...

Run needs no one to hold it. It's far easier to relish it and fangirl flail in it when I can see it as its original homage, The Running Man by Stephen King. 

• Like 1

I find the concept of Nightengale #7 oddly fascinating and humorous...

I kinda want it now.

She's so misunderstood, but because of her difficult up-bringing the only way she knows how to interact with people is by devouring their flesh. That is until she meets Victim #3. Together, with her friends Doctor #21 and Inmate #14, the four of them discover that everyone is a hideous, murderous monster on the inside.

Coming this fall, "The Nightingale's Song."

• Like 3

They did Saw two years in a row, NOES, F13, HOTC, Alice Cooper, La Llorona. Hollywood doing the same maze two years in a row, is not terribly abnormal.

It's true they were repeated, but some at least made sense.

When Saw was repeated, Saw 6 and 7 had just came out in theaters.

NOES and F13 are 2 of the biggest horror icons of all time and they have plenty of footage to pull from since there are about 20 movies to pick from.

I'd assume that Alice Cooper had probably cut a deal to do more than 1 house, maybe Rob Zombie too?

How many people even liked the film AvP? How much more material can be pulled from the same movie? Would it be a carbon copy of last year's house? So are they bringing it back just because they got to use the Alien Queen and we didn't over here? It just seems questionable to me.

Carmina Burana is a hymn to the Goddess Fortuna.

Maybe Eddie got unLucky and Somebody else is Running things in that house. It is after all about a game.

This is just speculation on my part based on the alleged leak/rumor that Eddie is not involved in the house.

I think that the choice of song is for its epic-ness and relevance to popular culture. The name of the hymn is shear coincidence. After all luck is for losers...right?

How many people even liked the film AvP? How much more material can be pulled from the same movie? Would it be a carbon copy of last year's house? So are they bringing it back just because they got to use the Alien Queen and we didn't over here? It just seems questionable to me.

Well, last year in Hollywood it was based on (inspired by) Requiem. They could still do the temple from the first film, or the could do something original like Orlando did. There's plenty of options for settings. Reusing the puppets is s plus.

Does anybody know what we had got officially announced this time last year? I know it doesn't work the same for announcements year on year, i'm just curious.

Last year, this week saw two announcements: AVP and Dracula. Otherwise it was still FDTD, TWD, Purge, and FaceOff.

I think that the choice of song is for its epic-ness and relevance to popular culture. The name of the hymn is shear coincidence. After all luck is for losers...right?

I'm officially confused by the song talk now. 

Was as the song heard really from Carmina Burana? And which song from the opera?

O Fortuna? Ecce Gratum? There are others. 

I only know one group who has taken songs from Carmina Burana and made them more modern and that's Qntal. Sample of Qntal (I love them, but not very fitting for Run):

My guess? The house was so expensive that the way they justified doing it at all was by saying they'll do it more than once. It also was the most popular maze last year, they very well could just wanna do it again, the way we're doing AWiL again. 

I'm pretty sure AWIL was actually the #1 rated maze in Hollywood from what supervisors of the maze had told me, but AVP was a close second.