HHN 25 Discussion

Alright alright guys, HHN fans get real fisty. 

Anyway... Anybody have any idea on this years RUN house? Are they trying to restore it to the original "extreme" plan that got knocked out in 2001?

I highly doubt that they will offer an extreme house because they are already offering up 9 houses with the general admission. A surcharge house would definitely require some additional cash, but hopefully the RUN House will resemble the 01 maze as opposed to the 06 house.

I highly doubt that they will offer an extreme house because they are already offering up 9 houses with the general admission. A surcharge house would definitely require some additional cash, but hopefully the RUN House will resemble the 01 maze as opposed to the 06 house.

lol no not an up charge house. Back when Eddie and the 2001 RUN house were supposed to debut, it was supposed to be the most extreme house they'd had. Except after the 9/11 attacks, it was toned down cutting out many of the scenes and scares. At least that's what I've heard. I was wondering if they were trying to bring that idea back with this one or if anyone had any news/rumors on it. 

lol no not an up charge house. Back when Eddie and the 2001 RUN house were supposed to debut, it was supposed to be the most extreme house they'd had. Except after the 9/11 attacks, it was toned down cutting out many of the scenes and scares. At least that's what I've heard. I was wondering if they were trying to bring that idea back with this one or if anyone had any news/rumors on it. 

Well, from what I could tell, the original RUN was mostly a chain-link maze. From the construction we have seen so far, there are no chain link fences. Instead, there's an abundance of the standard black walls we see during the construction of most houses. I'd say it will be more like RUN: Hostile Territory, unfortunately.

Edited by YouDontKnowJack
  • Like 1

Well, from what I could tell, the original RUN was mostly a chain-link maze. From the construction we have seen so far, there are no chain link fences. Instead, there's an abundance of the standard black walls we see during the construction of most houses. I'd say it will be more like RUN: Hostile Territory, unfortunately.

well I guess Well have to wait and see. If you get any more Information at the resort please do let me know. 

• Like 1

With the amount of bullshit they deal with in the normal houses from guests, I feel like an extreme house will likely never happen. Everyone is either too hypersensitive or headstrong these days, it's probably not worth the headache. If they wanted to do this, it would've had to happen in the 90's or in another country like Japan.

• Like 5

Only going to say this once.

If you value your job as a scareactor, do -not- post any codenames you've seen fellow scareactors get or that you've gotten yourself. It's really not worth getting fired over, especially over a month before the event even begins.

That's about it. ;)

• Like 7

The extreme house was cut this year (and would have been the tenth house), and would have supposedly been themed to Hellgate Prison.

RUN was never an "extreme" house. The original was built when the anticipated lower crowds and wanted to do different things like split groups and vary paths. Those could really only been done by pulsing the lines, but crowds don't allow that anymore.

I've been told this year's RUN is closer to the original, still without Eddie, but takes into account all the crowd control lessons they've learned over the last decade.

Edited by Legacy

Houses that was done in 01 and 06.

http://halloweenhorrornights.wikia.com/wiki/RUN

RUN took place within a sinister and haphazard "game show", an intricate labyrinth made from junkyard refuse, designed and built by Eddie himself. The contestants? The guests. The grand prize? Getting out alive. The rule? Only one...RUN!

RUN was a house featured in Halloween Horror Nights XI. Due to the 9/11 terror attacks, much like the rest of the event, RUN underwent significant edits, including the removal of its main Icon character, Eddie Schmidt.

http://halloweenhorrornights.wikia.com/wiki/RUN:_Hostile_Territory

An underworld exists where anyone can fulfill their most ghastly fantasies. Where the innocent can be tortured, dismembered and killed, all in exchange for a credit card number. Choose your path and bear witness because when the lights go out, the voyeurs become the victims and there is no amount of money in the world that can save you.

RUN: Hostile Territory was one of the Houses that took place atHalloween Horror Nights: Sweet 16. The house featured Eddie, the unused icon of the 2001 event.

Edited by Averixx De Avalon
  • Like 2

Houses that was done in 01 and 06.

http://halloweenhorrornights.wikia.com/wiki/RUN

RUN took place within a sinister and haphazard "game show", an intricate labyrinth made from junkyard refuse, designed and built by Eddie himself. The contestants? The guests. The grand prize? Getting out alive. The rule? Only one...RUN!

RUN was a house featured in Halloween Horror Nights XI. Due to the 9/11 terror attacks, much like the rest of the event, RUN underwent significant edits, including the removal of its main Icon character, Eddie Schmidt.

http://halloweenhorrornights.wikia.com/wiki/RUN:_Hostile_Territory

An underworld exists where anyone can fulfill their most ghastly fantasies. Where the innocent can be tortured, dismembered and killed, all in exchange for a credit card number. Choose your path and bear witness because when the lights go out, the voyeurs become the victims and there is no amount of money in the world that can save you.

RUN: Hostile Territory was one of the Houses that took place atHalloween Horror Nights: Sweet 16. The house featured Eddie, the unused icon of the 2001 event.

I was excited about the event anyway but this makes me even more excited. Did anybody do this house when it was done in 01 and 06? 

• Like 1

Oh so is Run's Icon Eddie somewhat based off of H.H. Holmes? Torture House business; Death hotel business. Similar-ish. 

"The final scene included guests RUNning down a narrow, but long hallway, while being chased by Eddie himself."

Hmm. I don't see this scene happening for a variety of reasons. Mostly for safety though. If I were them my main concern would be trampling. 

I remember going to Wild Adventures GA to their version of horror nights. I think it was called Phobia. This was back in maybe 2007. I do remember though that their houses were very spacious. If you went in a room, you were in a room. Equipped with room furniture rather than being herded at a fast but slow pace through narrow paths with nowhere to go. 

Edited by MissBA

Oh so is Run's Icon Eddie somewhat based off of H.H. Holmes? Torture House business; Death hotel business. Similar-ish. 

"The final scene included guests RUNning down a narrow, but long hallway, while being chased by Eddie himself."

Hmm. I don't see this scene happening for a variety of reasons. Mostly for safety though. If I were them my main concern would be trampling. 

I remember going to Wild Adventures GA to their version of horror nights. I think it was called Phobia. This was back in maybe 2007. I do remember though that their houses were very spacious. If you went in a room, you were in a room. Equipped with room furniture rather than being herded at a fast but slow pace through narrow paths with nowhere to go. 

Last year I was followed by Michael in the Halloween House. I literally ran when I saw him.

I was excited about the event anyway but this makes me even more excited. Did anybody do this house when it was done in 01 and 06? 

I'm excited too, when I read about Eddie, he came up a close second to Jack as my favorite icon.

Not sure if you guys are aware, but Universal quickly morphed Eddie into Jack's brother and made jack the fueling icon in 2001 after the attacks. So Eddie, now goes by Eddie Schmidt I believe. So in that sense it makes a connection for RUN to be returning in the 25th year that Jack is once again the face for. 

Eddie's original story was almost a mix between Freddy Kreuger, with being burnt and Texas Chainsaw Massacre, with the chainsaw. 

The extreme house was cut this year (and would have been the tenth house), and would have supposedly been themed to Hellgate Prison.

RUN was never an "extreme" house. The original was built when the anticipated lower crowds and wanted to do different things like split groups and vary paths. Those could really only been done by pulsing the lines, but crowds don't allow that anymore.

I've been told this year's RUN is closer to the original, still without Eddie, but takes into account all the crowd control lessons they've learned over the last decade.

It's not that RUN was an "extreme" house, it was a part of the tag line for it. 

"Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights presents the most extreme Haunted maze in its ten-year history."(via http://hhnmemories.tumblr.com/post/885377977/run-house-treatment)

I was wondering what input you all had on the idea of it being the most extreme house now in the 25 year history, if anyone had any information. 

Thanks for your ideas and thoughts though! 

I experienced Run in 01. The house was unique.  For me, it was intense. The maze was chainlink fence, bright lights, and post apocalyptic style scenery. The bright lights and chainlink fences created a disorienting feeling. Since you can see through chainlink, it was the only house that ever truly fit the definition of maze to me. Besides the disorientation due to the look of the maze, scareactors could change the paths. It was a pulsed maze (groups of about ten to twelve let in at about 2 minute intervals). I went through the maze twice. The first time: I witnessed other groups being separated by the scareactors opening and closing the paths. The second time: I was leading a group. I walked through a portion of a maze past a scareactor and the scareactor shut the section. I had to navigate the rest of the maze by myself. 06's Hostile Territory was a poor sequel that failed to match the intensity and feel of the original. 

I have been attending since 1998. Missed two years, so this will be my 15th year at the event. Run 01 is one of a handful of mazes that has been able to stick out, stay in my memory, and invoke an emotional response from the memories. Dead Exposure, Frightanic, and the first Scary Tales are the only other houses to stick with me in that fashion.

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 5

I experienced Run in 01. The house was unique.  For me, it was intense. The maze was chainlink fence, bright lights, and post apocalyptic style scenery. The bright lights and chainlink fences created a disorienting feeling. Since you can see through chainlink, it was the only house that ever truly fit the definition of maze to me. Besides the disorientation due to the look of the maze, scareactors could change the paths. It was a pulsed maze (groups of about ten to twelve let in at about 2 minute intervals). I went through the maze twice. The first time: I witnessed other groups being separated by the scareactors opening and closing the paths. The second time: I was leading a group. I walked through a portion of a maze past a scareactor and the scareactor shut the section. I had to navigate the rest of the maze by myself. 06's Hostile Territory was a poor sequel that failed to match the intensity and feel of the original. 

I have been attending since 1998. Missed two years, so this will be my 15th year at the event. Run 01 is one of a handful of mazes that has been able to stick out, stay in my memory, and invoke an emotional response from the memories. Dead Exposure, Frightanic, and the first Scary Tales are the only other houses to stick with me in that fashion.

wow, that sounds like a ridiculous amount of fun. Unfortunately, as others have stated it most likely won't and probably can't happen now. 

If only they could make a few different courses/entrances so that more people could get through or something. 

I too got to experience RUN 01.  I for one have been attending since 95 and still have not walked through a house at HHN that can even get near of the caliber of what RUN was.  Bright lights, strobes, and chain link fences as far as the eye can see.  Like Mistique said, RUN was the embodiedment of what really defines a maze.  I for one went in with a party of five only to have a scarecter slame a fence right on my face and venture through the rest with one person from my party.  Dead ends, shifting and it took me like half an hour to finally escape that puppy lol.  Unfortionitly with todays crowds a maze like RUN is impossible to puul off.

• Like 1

I too got to experience RUN 01.  I for one have been attending since 95 and still have not walked through a house at HHN that can even get near of the caliber of what RUN was.  Bright lights, strobes, and chain link fences as far as the eye can see.  Like Mistique said, RUN was the embodiedment of what really defines a maze.  I for one went in with a party of five only to have a scarecter slame a fence right on my face and venture through the rest with one person from my party.  Dead ends, shifting and it took me like half an hour to finally escape that puppy lol.  Unfortionitly with todays crowds a maze like RUN is impossible to puul off.

HALF AN HOUR!? That sounds amazing! I wish they could still do something like that.

No Eddie again? Maybe Jack has taken over...that would explain the carnival prize we saw hanging over the wall. That's just an educated guess, however.

All the mazes I've been in though I've been pushed through. Spending more than 5 minutes in one seems like an impossible concept to me. Half an hour? Yeah forget it in todays time.

So I don't get it? Why can't they bring in Eddie. I understand pulling things back in 2001 as it was a sensitive time.  But from everyones description of him I don't see why he can't be brought back in if he's a cross between what? Jason and a chainsaw? 

Edited by MissBA
I can't figure out what I want to say.
  • Like 2

Honestly, I want Eddie to be a brutal main icon.

...and he needs to be played by this guy again:

eddie_zpsngc9bmxj.jpg

(From HHN Yearbook)

On another, more on-topic note (my bad for steering away in the first place), I wonder how they're going to tie Body Collectors into Psychoscareapy. The Body Collectors are from the late 19th century and early 20th century in England, while Shadybrook is running in late 20th century America (I assume). It will be interesting to see how these are tied together.

Edited by YouDontKnowJack