Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood 2015 Speculation

Ugh. I would've loved another Slaughter World or Rocky Horror. Although, I'm not too ashamed to say that I was quite a fan of ABDC in the beginning of its run. I even went to a couple tapings of it in the first season lol. Jabbawockeez are very professional and I'm sure their show will be high quality. They have years of headlining in vegas as experience afterall. I'm guessing maybe horror nights took a hint from the success of the dance crew show at Knotts? Then again.. that was probably only successful because of Elvira. 

Really don't understand the logic of cutting a house for a dance crew show, or any show for that matter. I'm sure the guys and gals are great, and plenty of people will see it, but why would you pick that over a house? Better yet, why not ADD to the already overcrowded event instead of subtract? For fuck's sake they're reusing FOUR IPs and while I'm it won't be exactly the same and they still pay for construction/running it etc., it's a lot cheaper than creating a whole new house, especially a house like AvP. So where is the reasoning for cutting a 7th house? Crowds and lines are gonna be a nightmare. 

About the house lineup, even though 4 houses are returning, I think it's pretty solid. Insidious is almost entirely a brand new maze according to Murdy, TWD is the largest and (they claim) most aggressive maze in HHN history, Halloween hasn't been done in 4-5 years, and is a new maze, so it's not an exact repeat, and Crimson Peak has the potential to be world class based solely on the fact that GDT is involved and they respect his work too much to not pay the upmost attention to it.

For AvP, I have no idea how much of a new maze it will be, but I'm willing to bet there will be a few repeat scenes, and obviously the same costumes and puppets. If the Queen isn't back I'll be beyond shocked. If not, let us have it in Orlando! :P 

That leaves This is the End. Yea, it's shocking. Completely out of the box. Some may not like the movie at all, even. However, this is a great example at taking a risk, and I respect that. If they wanna play it safe and offer easy IPs, they can, but John wants to get creative here, and it could honestly turn out incredible. Wish I was still coming over this year to check this maze out.

Really don't understand the logic of cutting a house for a dance crew show, or any show for that matter. I'm sure the guys and gals are great, and plenty of people will see it, but why would you pick that over a house? Better yet, why not ADD to the already overcrowded event instead of subtract? For fuck's sake they're reusing FOUR IPs and while I'm it won't be exactly the same and they still pay for construction/running it etc., it's a lot cheaper than creating a whole new house, especially a house like AvP. So where is the reasoning for cutting a 7th house? Crowds and lines are gonna be a nightmare. 

About the house lineup, even though 4 houses are returning, I think it's pretty solid. Insidious is almost entirely a brand new maze according to Murdy, TWD is the largest and (they claim) most aggressive maze in HHN history, Halloween hasn't been done in 4-5 years, and is a new maze, so it's not an exact repeat, and Crimson Peak has the potential to be world class based solely on the fact that GDT is involved and they respect his work too much to not pay the upmost attention to it.

For AvP, I have no idea how much of a new maze it will be, but I'm willing to bet there will be a few repeat scenes, and obviously the same costumes and puppets. If the Queen isn't back I'll be beyond shocked. If not, let us have it in Orlando! :P 

That leaves This is the End. Yea, it's shocking. Completely out of the box. Some may not like the movie at all, even. However, this is a great example at taking a risk, and I respect that. If they wanna play it safe and offer easy IPs, they can, but John wants to get creative here, and it could honestly turn out incredible. Wish I was still coming over this year to check this maze out.

I don't think they cut a house in order to have a show, I think it was because of the trams. We really need a new venue for next year

The dates and killer deal nights have been mentioned, but nobody said this year will be 25 nights! The first few weekends now have Sunday's tacked onto them. Very nice. My only issue is the cheapest days ($30 off) is Sunday sept 27th and Sunday Oct 4th. I wish it was opening weekend as a treat to fans, but whatever.

did you find the days on the website?

I think this year, they need to hand out surveys to the guests and ask them if they would prefer more mazes or less walking to the back lot. After they realize, from taking the survey, that they lost a maze simply because of space restraints, I think there will be less complaining about Route 666. 

Murdy said no going back from 7 but the leaked list says only 6 due to the return of show programming and the Trams to the Backlot..

Ever stop to wonder though.. is Murdy being incredibly tight-lipped about yet another brand new maze venue that might be hosting the 7th maze?

Murdy said no going back from 7 but the leaked list says only 6 due to the return of show programming and the Trams to the Backlot..

Ever stop to wonder though.. is Murdy being incredibly tight-lipped about yet another brand new maze venue that might be hosting the 7th maze?

the only location I can think of is soundstage 23 or whatever the one someone said Larry bones was working at.

i think Murdy had 7 mazes planned and universal probably cut him off

The legal department probably insisted the shuttles to the backlot mazes return. On our way back last year we saw quite a few groups (mainly those with older people) struggling with the walk including one woman who twisted her ankle. It's a long walk with inclines, lack of light, and no handrails. Add to that the potential to be slippery in light rain or humidity, plus the potential for unruly guests. 

• Like 1

The legal department probably insisted the shuttles to the backlot mazes return. On our way back last year we saw quite a few groups (mainly those with older people) struggling with the walk including one woman who twisted her ankle. It's a long walk with inclines, lack of light, and no handrails. Add to that the potential to be slippery in light rain or humidity, plus the potential for unruly guests. 

I totally get that... But, correct me if I'm wrong, they always have that little shuttle that will take handicapped people down or people who have trouble walking. It would be a bummer to lose a maze because of that, when an easier solution might be to just let people know of the handicapped shuttle for those that need it if they didn't know already.

I remember hearing the idea of the walk to the backlot and thinking "that is absolutely insane, this will never work." And the first night I went, it was totally bogus. Once they changed it into a scarezone, I totally didn't mind the walk. I'm all for it as long as they theme it and/or if it means we keep our 7th maze.

I remember hearing the idea of the walk to the backlot and thinking "that is absolutely insane, this will never work." And the first night I went, it was totally bogus. Once they changed it into a scarezone, I totally didn't mind the walk. I'm all for it as long as they theme it and/or if it means we keep our 7th maze.

when they added that walk the guests were instantly more pissed. The scareactors were always getting hurt and physically abused due to rowdy guests. I think it's a great idea to have trams for guests. It keeps everyone happier and like it was said before, it's not the safest thing.

As for AVP, when that much money was spent on a property and it was actually fairly well taken by guests, according to the surveys, I see it coming back without a doubt. And the list also has it, so there's that

The only thing I'm curious that they actually brought it back was because of the amount of complaints and drop outs Scareactors had. o.o

There was a new Alien every day, and that new person usually didn't last halfway through the night. As far as I heard, at least. Literally every single person who got casted as Alien said it was the worst thing ever and they'd never do it again. And they didn't. :D

One of the guys in my area and I got pulled to go and try the alien costume on to fill in a spot and luckily I was too short. So he worked it for one night and when he came back he said it was absolutley miserable and he felt bad for the guys that did it all the time. I guess Universal figures they can just hire new people to fill the spots as they drop? The guests loved it and that's all that matters. 

One of the guys in my area and I got pulled to go and try the alien costume on to fill in a spot and luckily I was too short. So he worked it for one night and when he came back he said it was absolutley miserable and he felt bad for the guys that did it all the time. I guess Universal figures they can just hire new people to fill the spots as they drop? The guests loved it and that's all that matters. 

One of my friends was pulled from Face Off and did that for a night too. He said the same thing. I heard so many horror stories about working in that maze.