Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood 2015 Speculation

I'd like to comment on the answers to the Rock Festival clues. Last time I checked, Harrison Ford wasn't a character in Star Wars. Han Solo was a character from Star Wars. 

Hint #3 what does a character from the Old Testament, the New Testament and the Star Wars film franchise have in common?

I also thought someone died (2015) from the band we were looking for. Tim Hardin passed away roughly 35 years ago... so what's up with that? Either way, the construction gave it away though. 

John later said Actor. And Leonard Nimoy covered the song. He didn't say they were from the band. He said they could be considered a hint. 

Edited by HorrorNightsFan13

John later said Actor. 

Later? Less than 24 hours before ScareLA. The original hint was dropped in February and he waited until the day before to clarify quite possibly the most important piece of wording.  

Clarification...the person from the Star Wars franchise is an actor, not a character....

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Later? Less than 24 hours before ScareLA. The original hint was dropped in February and he waited until the day before to clarify quite possibly the most important piece of wording.  

Clarification...the person from the Star Wars franchise is an actor, not a character....

yeah that's on him. Saying "rock festival is easy!" And not giving us the right way to go about solving a hint. It's a great connection but he should've flat out said actor for Star Wars and characters from old and New Testament. 

Edited by HorrorNightsFan13

Yup, he would send them stuff, memorabilia or straight up FOL passes or even VIP or even super exclusive BTS tours with him personally.

But if he doesn't give out gifts anymore, then who cares if he changed a hint in the codename a day before? Either way, we all knew what it was. Isn't the point to know the mazes ahead of time? Unless you're a masochist who enjoys these overly complicated puzzles for not much reason at all ;)

Found the full Scare LA panel, if anyone is interested.

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 1

Not to detract from 2015 speculation but someone tweeted Murdy saying they noticed a Creative Director position open and asked if Murdy was either retiring or expanding the team..

HHN HAS to expand the team to improve the quality of the event. 

Not to detract from 2015 speculation but someone tweeted Murdy saying they noticed a Creative Director position open and asked if Murdy was either retiring or expanding the team..

Correct me if i'm wrong but has there ever been a second Creative Director for any big theme park? As if not, then I think this is the nail in the coffin for Johns departure after this year.

I was doing some research and i saw that the website went up in 8 days from now last year, or from that time, a week from today, i would expect it to go up some time next week, but they still need to announce 2 houses and terror tram, they really have been slow with announcements this year

I was doing some research and i saw that the website went up in 8 days from now last year, or from that time, a week from today, i would expect it to go up some time next week, but they still need to announce 2 houses and terror tram, they really have been slow with announcements this year

Be thankful you weren't a fan in 2010. Not a single announcement until August and the line-up was a let-down.

Be thankful you weren't a fan in 2010. Not a single announcement until August and the line-up was a let-down.

Whatever, there has been announcements months in advance since i started and there is no reason to be this late, unless im wrong and the announcement patterns are the same, i could be. but anyways hopefully website is up next week

Just checked and last maze was announced on august 14, this friday

Edited by foodstampsFTW

Worst summer ever, it was torture!!!! And they announced HOTC in August and I was like WTFFFF?!!! Then Saw was confirmed by construction to return. Then F13, then NOES, and by that point, everyone just lost their minds haha. The only saving grace was the Chucky tram, which turned out to be the worst tram to date. Turned out to be a great year though, I thought.

Correct me if i'm wrong but has there ever been a second Creative Director for any big theme park? As if not, then I think this is the nail in the coffin for Johns departure after this year.

Ummmm Knotts has like 3 or more, if I remember correctly.

Whatever, there has been announcements months in advance since i started and there is no reason to be this late, unless im wrong and the announcement patterns are the same, i could be. but anyways hopefully website is up next week

Just checked and last maze was announced on august 14, this friday

I have a feeling we'll get everything revealed by next Monday.

• Like 1

Umm "Maze Monitor" job has a description of "9/18-11/7"

So that confirms Nov. 7th last day?

That's so many days! I wonder what it will be like working that late into November? 

Like DTH said, I also think Knotts has a few so maybe he is just stepping down from the Director job title but I did hear him say a few years ago that he had a number in mind when he would retire and he mentioned it had something to do with double digits.

John said a while ago on Twitter that the number was 10. He could very well be retiring. But he also said he ha to rethink that number. He has two little girls he's gotta raise so who knows. He'll tell us at the end of the HHN run hopefully. 

I think he's gonna keep going a little longer. Someone told him to bring FvJ to Hollywood and he said "I will. Wanted to do Halloween this year." Alluding that he's gonna stay a while longer and do FvJ soon I hope. 

He also said he wants to do Halloween 2. I would really love FVJ and Halloween in one year, a year of all the major slashers under one roof like 07-08, except we had Leatherface those years. And don't get me wrong, i love me some TCM, but it's not the same league as Friday, Nightmare and Halloween. The TCM series is an odd one, slasher-wise, and just doesn't fit the same. Throw Scream in the mix and I can die a happy Haunter.

As for HHN going to November 7th, I doubt it. November 1st or 2nd I've seen in the past, but an entire weekend after just seems odd. But I suppose if they start mid-Sept, I see no reason why they can't go to mid-November and just immediately jump into Grinchmas after.

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 2