Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood 2015 Wishful Thinking

What irks me the most about the event is that you MUST have a lot of luck and craftiness to be able to do all of the mazes in one night. Paying the high price that everyone is paying, that should NOT be the case. They really need to jack up capacity. I said it before, but if the event is easily selling out a full 24 hours beforehand, I there should be no hesitation to invest in upping satisfaction and capacity. Add more footprint to the backlot; take us through the streets this time. Bring back Bill and Ted and maybe put another show in Shrek. Have a Fast and Furious Shuttle. Put a new theme in Terror Tram so people don't get bored of the same theme. Heck, even have Silly Swirly open. I irritates me how Murdy is always joyfully quick to point out the sold out nights while everyone is grumbling about the crowd and wait issues. I feel like this year is the last straw for that.

I have some wishes that are outside maze properties...

Backlot trams. That tunnel is cool and all, but damn, is walking back there a journey that absolutely nobody enjoys. Please, seriously for the love of God, return the trams. And ya know what, I am almost absolutely certain there has to be a much quicker route to get there instead of walking ALLLLL the way to Transformers and then turning right.

The only way they could remedy this is by moving the Mummy maze queue to its old spot, and making the walking space under the escalators. But that would only save you a few feet of walking. And honestly it wasn't as bad as everyone is saying, imo.

I dunno about that specifically but I agree. They need to do something original and fresh. Perhaps once Murdy retires, we'll get it. Or, he'll want to go all out for his last year.

Every one of these I agree with. Whilst walking through the AvP queue line I was thinking about how intense a Purge zone would be back in that area. It wouldn't even need to be big, and props could be minimal (since that's the only real concern I can think of, having that section of the studio be inoperable from September until November because of props)

Every one of these I agree with. Whilst walking through the AvP queue line I was thinking about how intense a Purge zone would be back in that area. It wouldn't even need to be big, and props could be minimal (since that's the only real concern I can think of, having that section of the studio be inoperable from September until November because of props)

Having the Purge scare zone there would have been AMAZING. That's where they filmed a lot of it!

Having the Purge scare zone there would have been AMAZING. That's where they filmed a lot of it!

Really? My bros and I were wondering that. That would be the most authentic scarezone ever.

Also, the great thing about the purge is that it's an actor driven zone. You would hardly need any props, and ones you did have could be moved during non-op days.

Edited by deliciousoatmeal

Yea, I mean there's a lot of twisty scenes, but I haven't seen much else besides him. Maybe meep Idk. Edward Mondrake and Dandy in his clown suit are in the next episode so hopefully they're creepy enough to be in a maze

Also I don't think we'll have both Sinister and Insidious for the same reason we didn't have Cabin and ED in the same year.

I don't get it, I guess you can say they are both in a house but they are totally different concepts and the environments have enough to make a difference. The Facade for Sinister could be a TV screen for pete's sake. Plus sinister has a physical villain... a pegan god and no ghosts what so ever since the kids he took were still considered alive.

I don't get it, I guess you can say they are both in a house but they are totally different concepts and the environments have enough to make a difference. The Facade for Sinister could be a TV screen for pete's sake. Plus sinister has a physical villain... a pegan god and no ghosts what so ever since the kids he took were still considered alive.

That facade would suck, I'm sorry. But just because the facades could be similar doesn't mean the mazes would. The way I would picture it is you actually walk through each murder scene. It would make it a more gore maze than a ghost maze. At least for the first half, we don't know what the sequel will be like yet.

Edited by deliciousoatmeal
  • Like 1

Basically the same was said for ED and Cabin. Both took place in a cabin but it's contents were completely different.

The only way they could remedy this is by moving the Mummy maze queue to its old spot, and making the walking space under the escalators. But that would only save you a few feet of walking. And honestly it wasn't as bad as everyone is saying, imo.

It would literally save about 200 yards, which is two football fields. And a good 3-4 minutes in a crowded walkway, which is an entire 8 minutes round trip, which could basically mean you'll be getting to that one last maze at the end of the night you still have left to do with that saved time. Which is exactly what Uni needs to start doing considering they KNOW 50% of the crowds WILL show up late after 9 and they will NOT see everything. ESPECIALLY since they're so strict with their "closing time" at 2 AM. I saw people putting up the ropes to close off attractions at 1:59. I mean, some leeway for such a crowded park would be nice, like 2:02? I mean c'mon, they steal so many people's money just for them to do 3 mazes and the tram. The least they could do is fix capacity and time management issues.

And yeah, why isn't that twirly ride in fun land open? I would've gone on that if i were bored and I'm sure many other people would as well. The games are open and so is Minion Mayhem, so why not spread out people some more?! Or if it's really going to get no line, make it a freebie attraction for those who barely got to do anything so they can at least say they did a ride.

At this point, I dang near wanna say many of the screwed over guests are entitled to a bit more special treatment.

Things really haven't been the same since 2011 :-/

Edited by DTH316

Basically the same was said for ED and Cabin. Both took place in a cabin but it's contents were completely different.

Thing is about CITW is that the first half of the movie was a direct homage to Evil Dead they were referenced the most in that movie. The first half of the CITW maze was even extremely similar to the Evil Dead maze where as Insidious you would in and see things move on their own as opposed to sinister you would see a family being murder or Mr. Boogie himself. Hell they can bust a Evil Dead and AVP and do the facade inside the Facade where you walk throw this in the entrance.

000003b.jpg

See the pool party murders and the dog and then enter the back of the house.

they can even do an lighting effect that make it feel like the scene you're walking through is film like project film burns on the room and play reel sound effects.

It would literally save about 200 yards, which is two football fields. And a good 3-4 minutes in a crowded walkway, which is an entire 8 minutes round trip, which could basically mean you'll be getting to that one last maze at the end of the night you still have left to do with that saved time. Which is exactly what Uni needs to start doing considering they KNOW 50% of the crowds WILL show up late after 9 and they will NOT see everything. ESPECIALLY since they're so strict with their "closing time" at 2 AM. I saw people putting up the ropes to close off attractions at 1:59. I mean, some leeway for such a crowded park would be nice, like 2:02? I mean c'mon, they steal so many people's money just for them to do 3 mazes and the tram. The least they could do is fix capacity and time management issues.

And yeah, why isn't that twirly ride in fun land open? I would've gone on that if i were bored and I'm sure many other people would as well. The games are open and so is Minion Mayhem, so why not spread out people some more?! Or if it's really going to get no line, make it a freebie attraction for those who barely got to do anything so they can at least say they did a ride.

At this point, I dang near wanna say many of the screwed over guests are entitled to a bit more special treatment.

Things really haven't been the same since 2011 :-/

3 mazes AND the tram? That's optimistic. (crys a little)

Hell, this scene could be the facade. It would be sick, and depending on where the maze is at it would save space (putting this scene inside the Mummy queue tent is next to impossible)

1.) Trick R Treat

2.) American Horror Story: Freakshow or Killer Clowns from Outerspace

3.) Cabin in the Woods

4.) Freddy Vs Jason

5.) Alien

6.) The Conjuring or Insidious 3 (Would be happy either way)

7.) Dark Christmas or Wendigo original maze

Terror Tram - Anything besides TWD. Purge would make a great fit here, and if that were to happen I really hope the Purge SZ doesn't come back.

Scarezones

1.) Clowns with Sweet Licks as the leader

2.) Voodoo theme

3.) Traditional Halloween theme (Lots of Jack O Lanterns!)

4.) Return of Welcome to Hell

5.) Resident Evil in Backlot zone

Shows

1.) Not sure who mentioned it here on the forums, but a Walking Dead show in the Waterworld arena would be really cool if executed properly.

2.) Bill and Ted

3.) Evil Dead musical or any original horror themed show

Edited by Arsik_22

Just played the first 2 chapters of Evil Within and the game would be perfect for HHN. The popularity of this IP will ruin the chances of it making an appearance in 2015, but if it becomes an established horror game franchise maybe we'll see it one day. In just the first 25 minutes of gameplay, there was a huge chainsaw weilding maniac, a mysterious robed spirit that carries a knife, zombies wrapped in barb wire, mutated corpses with 2 heads, and 2-3 environments including an asylum, ruined city, and fog filled forest.

Edited by Arsik_22

My Predictions:

Houses (7)

• The Walking Dead
  • American Horror Story
  • Frankenstein (2015 film)
  • Halloween
  • Nightmare on Elms Street
  • Metallica 3D House
  • Dark Christmas house
  • Terror Tram: The Purge

Scare Zones (4)

• scare zone contest 2015
  • The Walking Dead
  • Ghoulz (from SZ contest 2014)
  • American Horror Story
Edited by btdmp2014

Just played the first 2 chapters of Evil Within and the game would be perfect for HHN. The popularity of this IP will ruin the chances of it making an appearance in 2015, but if it becomes an established horror game franchise maybe we'll see it one day. In just the first 25 minutes of gameplay, there was a huge chainsaw weilding maniac, a mysterious robed spirit that carries a knife, zombies wrapped in barb wire, mutated corpses with 2 heads, and 2-3 environments including an asylum, ruined city, and fog filled forest.

Why are the chances ruined for next year because its popular? They've done single-entry franchises a year after their release before. At least, Orlando did CITW, but I'm sure there's other examples.

Why are the chances ruined for next year because its popular? They've done single-entry franchises a year after their release before. At least, Orlando did CITW, but I'm sure there's other examples.

I mean the chances are really low because I don't think the game is as popular as it needs to be for John to want to use the IP. I know its been getting some good reviews but the sales are what matters and the first entry probably won't make enough to get on his radar. (Especially since he's not a gamer, and his attempt at bringing Silent Hill to life wasn't very successful in my opinion.)

Edited by Arsik_22
  • Like 1