Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood 2015 Wishful Thinking

Poltergeist is in the same boat as PA does not have too much physical stuff...

Sinister is not a ghost, Possession, nor demon movie.

It's Conjuring Vs. Insidious so needless to say Insidious wins.......Can't believe I hated it a year ago...stay hate Darth Maul though.

• Like 1

Uhhhh... you're aware that Conjuring and Annabelle have made more money than both Insidious movies, right?

(Annabelle is 10 mil behind Insidious 2, but will pass it within 2-3 weeks, not to mention worldwide grosses).

And these are both R-rated, meaning the appeal is even stronger.

Uhhhh... you're aware that Conjuring and Annabelle have made more money than both Insidious movies, right?

(Annabelle is 10 mil behind Insidious 2, but will pass it within 2-3 weeks, not to mention worldwide grosses).

And these are both R-rated, meaning the appeal is even stronger.

the Conjuring 2 won't come out until 2016 so why would it be featured in next year's event? Insidious has a movie coming out 2015 and the 2013 maze is the highest rated maze of all time so it would be stupid not to bring it back (with additional scenes from the 3rd movie).

the Conjuring 2 won't come out until 2016 so why would it be featured in next year's event? Insidious has a movie coming out 2015 and the 2013 maze is the highest rated maze of all time so it would be stupid not to bring it back (with additional scenes from the 3rd movie).

It would be cool if the whole maze were based off the 3rd, given there's enough content.

Trying to catch up here on our speculation (Geez, this year isn't even over yet). Here is my take for next year:

We pretty much know Walking Dead is just about locked for next year. As long as it doesn't shove out the possibility for AHS or Strain, I'm okay with that. I'll be irked if Orlando doesn't suffer with us though.

I think that Krampus is going to be the 2015 horror film that Murdy was talking about to be turned into a house. Universal is releasing it, the guy who did Trick 'r Treat is doing it, so I I wouldn't be surprised. Murdy has been wanting to wrok on Crimson Peak. That's a Del Torro movie and Murdy has been wanting to work with him for a while. Plus, it's during an October release, the same time Thing and Dracula came out. I think that seems far more likely.

I think Bill and Ted will be back. Nobody remembers the mess from last year and people are wanting it return. I think we may finally have an extra show inside of Shrek (Rocky Horror? Magic show?)

I think Insidious returning is possible. After all, you know they're going to make it with wanting HHN material in the movie. If it does, I hope it's better and more different than the original one. If Murdy does, by some miraculous chance abtain rights to the Exorcist, I can see this taking a back seat for the paranormal property.

For the 3D rocker maze next year, I can totally see Murdy doing his Freaks maze in the Mummy venue. He has also wanted to hook up with Gene Simmons yet a straight-out KISS maze would by silly. I envision a Freaks maze with KISS doing the sound track. Can't you hear the music already at the entrance? "YOU'RE IN THE PSYYYCHO CIRCUUUUS AND I SAY WELCOME TO THE SHOW" It seems like an obvious choice for that bill. I liked Clowns, but I really don't want anymore 3D mazes. They feel the same. Something like this would definately feel the same. This also brings up another point....

With Walking Dead returning, Insidious to possibly return, and a 3D Freaks maze possible, I fear we may experience a lot of "sameness" with the event. That's my main concern I have about next year. Also, something else to throw in the pot:

Of all the nights I have gone this year, I have NEVER seen the Terror Tram line go over thirty minues. People have caught on that it's the same and it sucks. If Since Walking Dead is returning, I doubt it will b the theme again for the Terror Tram. The only theme I see working for that is the Purge. It's the most obvious choice and there's more material to work with.

I think they will add a "ride" to the backlot to help with crowds. Fast and Furious opens next year so I could see the shuttle for that open up.

I just realized that 2015 is technically our 10th Anniversary for HHN Hollywood... Anyone want to think that it will be acknowledged in some way, shape or form?

2010 was our five year anniversary for HHN. They didn't seem to care.

They better celebrate it or at the very least acknowledge it. That's the longest HHN Hollywood has ever gotten and that's a pretty big deal. I would love to see that Usher maze we were supposed to get last year go inside the Globe Theatrer, especially if this is Murdy's last year. He has always wanted to do a classic monsters maze so that would be a great way to do it.

• Like 1

Trying to catch up here on our speculation (Geez, this year isn't even over yet). Here is my take for next year:

We pretty much know Walking Dead is just about locked for next year. As long as it doesn't shove out the possibility for AHS or Strain, I'm okay with that. I'll be irked if Orlando doesn't suffer with us though.

I think that Krampus is going to be the 2015 horror film that Murdy was talking about to be turned into a house. Universal is releasing it, the guy who did Trick 'r Treat is doing it, so I I wouldn't be surprised.

I think Bill and Ted will be back. Nobody remembers the mess from last year and people are wanting it return. I think we may finally have an extra show inside of Shrek (Rocky Horror? Magic show?)

I think Insidious returning is possible. After all, you know they're going to make it with wanting HHN material in the movie. If it does, I hope it's better and more different than the original one. If Murdy does, by some miraculous chance abtain rights to the Exorcist, I can see this taking a back seat for the paranormal property.

For the 3D rocker maze next year, I can totally see Murdy doing his Freaks maze in the Mummy venue. He has also wanted to hook up with Gene Simmons yet a straight-out KISS maze would by silly. I envision a Freaks maze with KISS doing the sound track. Can't you hear the music already at the entrance? "YOU'RE IN THE PSYYYCHO CIRCUUUUS AND I SAY WELCOME TO THE SHOW" It seems like an obvious choice for that bill. I liked Clowns, but I really don't want anymore 3D mazes. They feel the same. Something like this would definately feel the same. This also brings up another point....

With Walking Dead returning, Insidious to possibly return, and a 3D Freaks maze possible, I fear we may experience a lot of "sameness" with the event. That's my main concern I have about next year. Also, something else to throw in the pot:

Of all the nights I have gone this year, I have NEVER seen the Terror Tram line go over thirty minues. People have caught on that it's the same and it sucks. If Since Walking Dead is returning, I doubt it will b the theme again for the Terror Tram. The only theme I see working for that is the Purge. It's the most obvious choice and there's more material to work with.

I think they will add a "ride" to the backlot to help with crowds. Fast and Furious opens next year so I could see the shuttle for that open up.

2010 was our five year anniversary for HHN. They didn't seem to care.

They better celebrate it or at the very least acknowledge it. That's the longest HHN Hollywood has ever gotten and that's a pretty big deal. I would love to see that Usher maze we were supposed to get last year go inside the Globe Theatrer, especially if this is Murdy's last year. He has always wanted to do a classic monsters maze so that would be a great way to do it.

My thoughts on this...

Yes it's more than obvious that Walking Dead is coming back

I would love to see Freakz 3D: Music by KISS.. It works on all fronts.. Murdy gets his Freakz maze, Marketing gets their 3D maze and all the KISS fans who've watched with jealousy as other rock bands get their place of honor at HHN finally get their night in the moonlight without Murdy trying to shoehorn KISS into the Cooper/Sabbath maze format

I really hope Krampus/Dark Christmas is an original concept maze and not tied into the movie.. please no.. It has too much potential as an original concept to throw all that out and tie it into a movie..

We need shows BADLYYYY!!! Bill and Ted needs to come back and next year is the 40th Anniversary of Rocky Horror so what better way for Universal to advertise that for all the RHPS fans?

and yes, Usher OR Director for our 10th Anniversary aspect..

Usher maze?

http://www.vibe.com/sites/vibe.com/files/styles/main_image/public/article_images/usher-cuts-hair-after-mom-petition.png

I'm spooked solid.

But that would actually be pretty cool, as long as the monsters don't drop that bass.

Plus, 2 warehouse mazes? I'm down. Where would it exit though? Onto London Street? That would be cool.

But where would you queue? So many questions.

• Like 1

Is KISS even relevant?

They're still in the public eye after 40 years, they just finished a massively successful 40th Anniversary tour with Def Leppard, they were recently inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame*.. they might not be relevant to some, but to others, this is the most popular they've been in recent years..

*Who still haven't gotten the hint about nominating and inducting real rock bands... I mean c'mon, Chic? NWA? Are you kidding me? Meanwhile Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Twisted Sister and Bon Jovi are still on the outside looking in. rant over :D

Edited by horror lover

I really hope Krampus/Dark Christmas is an original concept maze and not tied into the movie.. please no.. It has too much potential as an original concept to throw all that out and tie it into a movie..

If there's gunna be a Krampus maze it'll most likely be original. The film comes out November 25th that's way to far down the pipeline

I don't know, that's like doing an original La Llorona maze when Universal is pushing a La Llorona movie coming out IN A MONTH. Just seems weird. Then again, they've surprised the hell out of me before.

I mean, I could see them promoting it but still having the maze be original, but whats the point of basing a maze of a film that no ones going to see until HHN is finished?