Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

Cryptic Four seems too obvious to be American Horror Story: Freakshow, but look at the description of the video - "Dr. Jimmy defies all expectations... could there be life on Mars?"

Elsa Mars (Jessica Lange) sang David Bowie's Life on Mars on the 1st episode of that season. See it here.

• Like 1

Yeah... I'm hesitant to claim anything on this one. It's too easy. I'll have to think about it.

Actually... It's one of two things. It's either the obvious, or it's our first scarezone (maybe made a house):

Midway of the Bizarre.

Edited by Legacy

For whatever it's worth, Jungle Skip at OU says no AHS this year:

"I would not expect AHS to be at the event this year. Unless the HHN info I got was wildly bad (totally possible, admittedly), AHS ain't gonna be there."

Who knows. But, I agree, this one was way too easy and obvious. Has to be something else.

Also, new clue from Cassi:

CB7mOp9UEAE9NBZ.jpg

• Like 1

"I would not expect AHS to be at the event this year. Unless the HHN info I got was wildly bad (totally possible, admittedly), AHS ain't gonna be there."

Who knows. But, I agree, this one was way too easy and obvious. Has to be something else.

CB7mOp9UEAE9NBZ.jpg

The map has the name Henry Herrick on it who was a Lieutenant at the Battle of Ia Drang during the Vietnam War. This battle was documented in the book "We Were Soldiers Once and Young" by Harold Moore.

Said on Twitter, "The only IP I know of that's marketing based is TWD. Maybe one of the other ones, but it's a good property so *shrug*". I could see FvJ being that potentially marketable, good property. Also put the kibosh on Krampus, FWIW.

Said on Twitter, "The only IP I know of that's marketing based is TWD. Maybe one of the other ones, but it's a good property so *shrug*". I could see FvJ being that potentially marketable, good property. Also put the kibosh on Krampus, FWIW.

Most people believe we might get a dark Christmas house with Krampus, not a house based on the movie Krampus.

The map has the name Henry Herrick on it who was a Lieutenant at the Battle of Ia Drang during the Vietnam War. This battle was documented in the book "We Were Soldiers Once and Young" by Harold Moore.

We're getting a lot of maps.

Wishful thinking here, but I'd love a Nightingales sequel to take place in Vietnam.

So... A second Nightmare on Elm Street clue from Cassi? Seems... Unnecessary...

EDIT - Nevermind... The Narcissus clue is strictly Friday the 13th. Jason is a "bounty hunter" going after the sins of his victims. (So many sins...)

Cassi's new "puppeteer" clue is Freddy Kruger.

Jimmy may have combined two houses into a single clue...

Edited by Legacy

So... A second Nightmare on Elm Street clue from Cassi? Seems... Unnecessary...

EDIT - Nevermind... The Narcissus clue is strictly Friday the 13th. Jason is a "bounty hunter" going after the sins of his victims. (So many sins...)

Cassi's new "puppeteer" clue is Freddy Kruger.

Jimmy may have combined two houses into a single clue...

I don't see Doc combining two houses unless it is a dual run.

CB7mOp9UEAE9NBZ.jpg

So hard to make out whole words here...

Something in the upper right corner starting above the word "tale". BEVMR__...

Also 1857 in upper left corner - same font as "BEVMR__"

Can someone do some filtering on this picture?

Henry Herrick

John Giles

Wm. Dodge

John Dodge

1st Church

Prospect Hill <-- Did a lot of searching on this. Sooo many areas called Prospect Hill in US. Lots of cemeteries.

Macke.....River <-- No rivers in the US unless it's McKenzie river

Wall...s... River <-- Could not find anything that came close

Bass River??? So hard to make out the river blocked with "sickness"

Also, what's up with "wences". Intentional misspelling of "winces"?

Senor Wences? S-All Right? S-All Right.

Edited by zombieman

So hard to make out whole words here...

Something in the upper right corner starting above the word "tale". BEVMR__...

Also 1857 in upper left corner - same font as "BEVMR__"

Can someone do some filtering on this picture?

Henry Herrick

John Giles

Wm. Dodge

John Dodge

1st Church

Prospect Hill <-- Did a lot of searching on this. Sooo many areas called Prospect Hill in US. Lots of cemeteries.

Macke.....River <-- No rivers in the US unless it's McKenzie river

Wall...s... River <-- Could not find anything that came close

Bass River??? So hard to make out the river blocked with "sickness"

Also, what's up with "wences". Intentional misspelling of "winces"?

Senor Wences? S-All Right? S-All Right.

Upper righthand corner is Beverly.

The third clue appears to be Fall River.

Clue #4 appears to have the name Hale.

I think the maps are related to the Salem area, and possibly the trials.

Upper righthand corner is Beverly.

The third clue appears to be Fall River.

Clue #4 appears to have the name Hale.

I think the maps are related to the Salem area, and possibly the trials.

It is another map of the Salem, MA area, but it has names of people who lived there on it, along with some other labels I can't make out.

Now that I have had a minute to look back over the 4/4 clues, this is what I've gathered so far:

Dr. Jimmy clue #1 Song = You'll Never Walk Alone from the musical Carousel

quick notes from wikipedia,"In the second act of the musical, Nettie Fowler, the cousin of the female protagonist Julie Jordan, sings "You'll Never Walk Alone" to comfort and encourage Julie when her husband, Billy Bigelow, the male lead, kills himself to avoid capture during a failed robbery. It is reprised in the final scene to encourage a graduation class of which Louise (Billy and Julie's daughter) is a member. The now invisible Billy, who has been granted the chance to return to Earth for one day in order to redeem himself, watches the ceremony and is able to silently motivate the unhappy Louise to join in the song.The song is also sung at association football clubs around the world, where it is performed by a massed chorus of supporters on matchday; this tradition began at Liverpool Football Club in the early 1960s and later spread to several other clubs.

Cassi clue #1 Seemed to be a Salem map with 20 spots (4s/5s) marked off on a grid that when converted into piano keys played the song used from TWD. The clue seems to match with Dr. Jimmy clue #1 and almost certainly is TWD.

Dr. Jimmy clue #2 Song = Never Never Land from the musical Peter Pan. This song deals with the description of the place where Peter and the Lost Boys live. Quote, " I have a place where dreams are born, And time is never planned. It's not on any chart, You must find it with your heart.

Cassi Clue #2 "Paternal stygian gift, trip across the dark rift, Absent in a world of night, Filled with horrific sights, evil encroaching around, You will never be found.

I had initially thought maybe that the Dr. Jimmy clue could have been Hellraiser, but since the Cassi clue seems to point more toward Insidious, I'm leaning more in that direction now.

Dr. Jimmy clue #3 Song = Bosom Buddies from the musical Mame. This particular song involves two people who seem to be buddies, but are so brutally honest to one another it almost seems like they're fighting.

Cassi clue #3 "A dreadful mother, A prodigious son, fate of Narcissus, A life undone. Bogge, Der Schwarze, the nebulous threat, a sinister bounty, for a sin offset."

It seems fairly obvious that the dreadful mother is Mrs. Voorhees, the son Jason died because of a lake, similar to Narcissus (although Narcissus died because he kept staring at his reflection and he starved while Jason drowns due to neglect of camp counselors). Bogge is probably Freddy who needs to collect a bounty of souls/fear because of the deal he brokered with the dream demons. Together they combine to be Freddy vs. Jason which was mentioned earlier and also fits along with the Dr. Jimmy clue too. By using this ip, it also frees up a potential house by having 2 of the big 3 in 1.

Dr. Jimmy clue #4 Song = Come Look at the Freaks from the musical Side Show. Unless I'm missing something, the song seems like it's a barker trying to promote his show which consists of "A sheik with 3 harem girls, a chicken-eating geek, a fortune teller, a bearded lady, a fakir with a snake girl, a reptile man, the odd 6th exhibit, Dolly Dimples, and the Cannibal King."

Cassi clue #4 "Everyone wences at this tale, A dark figure pulling the strings, a fire burns as children wail, Windows break as gunshot rings Perhaps it's all just a bad dream, I don't recall seeing that show, maybe it's not all as it seems, Time will tell if the sickness grows."

I think these two clues combine to become the Jack house we're most likely getting this year. Jack plays the part of a barker for his show. The dark figure is probably Dr. Oddfellow. The fire burning could be Jack's rage/sickness that made him kill all the children and the gunshot rang when Jack was killed.

How I came to Dr.who from clue 4

From the description of his clue 4 - Dr.Jimmy defies all expectations....could there be life on Mars?...

Most people straight away thought of the David Bowie song Life on Mars which I did but I also thought of the TV show by the same name.

In the UK version of the show which is made by the BBC ( same company as Dr.Who. ) John Simm who plays the copper in the coma who as gone back in time also appeared in Dr.who in episodes from 2007 -2010. and in the US version of the show the ending shows that the main character hasn't gone in back in time he as just been sleeping while on space mission to Mars.

The Show also used David Bowie's song for the theme song - The latest Dr.Who David Capaldi as said about how he was Inspired by David Bowie for the role of the Dr.who and based the way his Dr looks on Bowie.

Bowie as turned down a role in Dr.who before , The 8th Dr.who made a comment during a episode in about how Bowie was one of the greatest musicians of his time period.

Here's how the song come look at the freaks from side show fits -

The production Side show is about the two real conjoined twins Daisy and Violet Hilton they both also starred in the film Freaks in 1932 ( a lot of people straight away thought of AHS season 4 Freakshow ) well there was a Dr.who audio story called Freakshow which was released in a boxset.

It's a punt but oh well.

How I came to Dr.who from clue 4

From the description of his clue 4 - Dr.Jimmy defies all expectations....could there be life on Mars?...

Most people straight away thought of the David Bowie song Life on Mars which I did but I also thought of the TV show by the same name.

In the UK version of the show which is made by the BBC ( same company as Dr.Who. ) John Simm who plays the copper in the coma who as gone back in time also appeared in Dr.who in episodes from 2007 -2010. and in the US version of the show the ending shows that the main character hasn't gone in back in time he as just been sleeping while on space mission to Mars.

The Show also used David Bowie's song for the theme song - The latest Dr.Who David Capaldi as said about how he was Inspired by David Bowie for the role of the Dr.who and based the way his Dr looks on Bowie.

Bowie as turned down a role in Dr.who before , The 8th Dr.who made a comment during a episode in about how Bowie was one of the greatest musicians of his time period.

Here's how the song come look at the freaks from side show fits -

The production Side show is about the two real conjoined twins Daisy and Violet Hilton they both also starred in the film Freaks in 1932 ( a lot of people straight away thought of AHS season 4 Freakshow ) well there was a Dr.who audio story called Freakshow which was released in a boxset.

It's a punt but oh well.

Not a bad punt.

I think we can't get stuck on the clues matching perfectly. Cassi's fourth clue REALLY looks like Freddy.

Every wences at the tale, a dark puppeteer pulling strings = One of Freddy's most gruesome kills is the "puppet" kill, when he rips out the veins of his victim and uses them like strings of a puppet.

A fire burns as children wail, Windows break as gunshot rings = this is basically describing Freddy's death to a T. Armed and angry mob sets a school on fire to avenge the crimes of a child killer.

Perhaps it's all just a bad dream = you can't tell what's dream and reality in the films

I don't recall seeing that show = Refers to instances when Freddy appears on a television in a dream.

Maybe it's not all as it seems = back to questioning reality

Time will tell if sickness grows = honestly, I'm not sure. Is there a sickness kill in any of the movies?

• Like 2

The line I don't recall seeing that show maybe a play on the TV show Freddys nightmares which was poor and not many people saw it.

The thing with Cassi's clues If she released 2 right at the same time we may guess that its FvJ where as Dr.J only does one performance per house / scarezone. I think Clue 3 maybe FvJ of the Doctors clues.