Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

I couldn't ignore the obvious connection between Cryptic One and Doc's All Secrets Revealed vid.

All I can say is Aye, Guv'nor.

Did you verify the piano/keyboard keys from the Cassi clue? If it is TWD theme, that should also be taken into consideration, since the clues were basically released within 24 hours of one another.

TWD has/had a significant number of Brits in it as well (Rick, Maggie, Morgan, The Governor, and even at least 1 more in the spinoff). We can also assume Comcast would be all for it because the show makes $.

So... Is it really one more year of TWD, or are we going to be in for a shocker later on when we find out we've all been tricked into going along with the obvious choice?

I know there's no way it would happen, but I'd laugh pretty hard if it was Dead Rising Watchtower. The movie was made by Legendary Pictures after all, and the dvd release should be later this year.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Did you verify the piano/keyboard keys from the Cassi clue? If it is TWD theme, that should also be taken into consideration, since the clues were basically released within 24 hours of one another.

TWD has/had a significant number of Brits in it as well (Rick, Maggie, Morgan, The Governor, and even at least 1 more in the spinoff). We can also assume Comcast would be all for it because the show makes $.

So... Is it really one more year of TWD, or are we going to be in for a shocker later on when we find out we've all been tricked into going along with the obvious choice?

I know there's no way it would happen, but I'd laugh pretty hard if it was Dead Rising Watchtower. The movie was made by Legendary Pictures after all, and the dvd release should be later this year.

Yes, I verified the keys. Actually, I had assistance from individuals on Facebook.

A friend of mine found this video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=KYtN84mc4Qg

Edit: HERE is the actual notes in a music composer

That took entirely too long to properly post the link.

My phone hates me.

I'm not good with the whole dissecting clues portion. But I'd like to throw in my two cents

*throws change at the floor*

Also I would love to see the God Save the Queen house idea. Even a scare zone of it would make me giggle like a little school girl.

• Like 1

Part of me is still skeptical because I oh so want it to not happen anymore, but the other part of me is saying the only questions that concerns TWD is

1) how big of an impact will it continue to have?

and

2) how many more years?

There's the theory of TWD being a dual run a few posts back. While not necessarily a dual run (which would not work with something as popular as TWD, imo, plus all the people saying they were ushered into the house they didn't get in line for etc), I fear that in one SS, maybe 24, they stick TWD and Fear TWD with the lines next to each other. I don't envision that happening if I'm being completely honest, as I think even the higher ups that would make such a ridiculous order can understand that having two TWD related houses would seem, well, stupid to most people. But then what is the next step up from the "biggest house in HHN history"? I mean they could make an even BIGGER house, but using the same tagline would be just as stupid as 2 TWD houses. They've done the full park SZ, so what else? A stage show? There's nowhere else to go, and making a normal sized house is just a huge step down from the bar they've raised each proceeding year since 2012. There's just no logical reason to bring this bullshit back other than $$$$$$. There's nowhere else for the property to expand at the event, and having the biggest house in history is the perfect way to send of this plague.

However, since all this ranting and bitching is probably just futile, as there's nothing we can do about it coming back if even the A&D members fight to not bring it back and even THEY, the people who make the event, lose the battle, the other question is how many more years will we have to deal with this? I've read the creators have a plan through season TWELVE. Will we have (at that point) TEN years of TWD, if not even longer if the show continues? Will 4 cap it off? Did 3 cap it off? (probably not)

My only real request is that if we HAVE to continue to deal with this same property every single year crap, can we for the love of christ stop with the TWD/IP/ultra generic merch? That's what pisses me off more than having TWD every year as a house. I want good merch again. I want year specific stuff, like the playing cards in 2011. I want a break from the same font and format style house logo shirt, like in 2011. I want a cool, non TWD related shooter and other miscellaneous merch, LIKE IN 2011.

I find it ironic that the year after they NAILED an original event (outside of the icon and her zone) is the year this crap started.

Note: I'm not saying 2011 is the best original year of all time, as I've only been attending since 2005, but it's my personal favorite year and it was the year I feel that they got the most right.

Edited by foREVer56
  • Like 4

I'm curious as to if we'll actually get 100% original houses this year. Let's assume we've got 5 IPs, say TWD, Insidious, Hitchcock, AHS or Crimson Peak, and then 1 A&D really wanna do a la AWiL/Halloween. Then give Jack his house, retrospective house, and Nightingales 2. Will the last 1-2 houses also be sequels, or will they be actual originals?

I think a great idea (that has been brought plenty of times before) would be to bring back some house concepts as the scarezones this year. Use the icons at the front of the park/opening scareamonies, AWiL in London (PLEASE, although I don't think there's a feasible way of using the puppets. Would still be cool to have a street with the other costumes though), Giggles and Gore outbreak in Springfield, Body Collectors in NY, Hellgate down Hollywood blvd, a concept similar to Rat Run down Sting Alley with a hodgepodge of characters from the past, etc. Then have an icon house and probably Nightengale2. Then just make the other houses original. I wouldn't mind that at all.

• Like 1

"My only real request is that if we HAVE to continue to deal with this same property every single year crap, can we for the love of christ stop with the TWD/IP/ultra generic merch? That's what pisses me off more than having TWD every year as a house. I want good merch again. I want year specific stuff, like the playing cards in 2011. I want a break from the same font and format style house logo shirt, like in 2011. I want a cool, non TWD related shooter and other miscellaneous merch, LIKE IN 2011."

Ding ding ding!!!! We have a winner! My thoughts EXACTLY!

That sounds a lot like Doctor Who.

"I have a place where dreams are born and time is never planned." The TARDIS, and the Doctor is a Time Lord.

"It's not on any charts." Gallifrey?

The plot thickens more with Jimmy's new status: "Ah, there you are, Angel Bob. How's life? Sorry, bad subject." This could be a clear sign to the Weeping Angels.

Edited by Dead Inside
  • Like 1

"I have a place where dreams are born and time is never planned." The TARDIS, and the Doctor is a Time Lord.

The plot thickens more with Jimmy's new status: "Ah, there you are, Angel Bob. How's life? Sorry, bad subject." This could be a clear sign to the Weeping Angels.

Of course nearly all my statuses have been Doctor Who quotes for years.

• Like 2

I kind of thought of area 51.

Its nicknamed "Neverland" and "Dreamland" and the CIA only publicly acknowledged its existence in 2013.

That being said, the song is from "Peter Pan" so perhaps the connection is more direct. Lost boys?

Weeping angels also makes sense.

This could connect to the British children books scarezone he was mentioning in the April Fool's video since the Lost Boys were mentioned to be in the zone.

• Like 1

Of course this is the 1st thing that popped in my head, then I had to temper my expectations and come up with another idea. I really hope it is Dr. Who though.

Dr. Jimmy made references to the Hellraiser franchise possibly being used. I believe that ip would fit the bill as well.

One of Pinhead's most famous quotes, "We have such sights to show you!". Obviously he's referring to the neverending pain and suffering tour in the labyrinth of "hell" he's going to take the poor person on. Of course in the movie the person uses the Lament Configuration puzzle box to open the portal that releases the Cenobites, but depending on your religious beliefs, the path in life your heart takes you could possibly also guide you to hell. As we all probably know, time is never planned there either. Another Pinhead quote from Hellraiser 2, "We have an eternity to know your flesh".

In reference to the Dr. Jimmy status quote... Pinhead also describes the Cenobites as demons to some, but angels to others. Bob the Cenobite coming soon?

If this clue is supposed to be for a Peter Pan type Scary Tales scenario, wouldn't it be kinda a little too easy?

• Like 1

Mame the Musical - Bosom Buddies ^^^ Cryptic Performance #3

Child's Play - Good Guy Dolls being so similar to the My Buddy Doll? We're friends till the end....

or...

Maybe Krampus. Depending on which lore you read, some believe he actually rode with Santa every Christmas.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

So... I'm legitimately shooting in the dark. My sources have lost their sources, similar to what happened to JDW. So I get to play with everyone else.

Cryptic 2 - Never Neverland - the descriptions used in the song basically match the description of The Further from Insidious.

Cryptic 3 - Bosum Buddies - Aside from the fun with words that is Mame, the song is particularly pointed. They're friends, but with a good bit of hostility toward each other. So it's a "versus" thing. Now what couple has a vicious tongue, scalding observations, and stinging opinions? Freddy Kruger and Jason Vorhees.

Cryptic three could be the one pointing to Jack and Chance.

Jack and Chance seem at least somewhat based on the DC comics characters "The Joker" and "Harley Quinn."

One of the elements that carries over is the relationship it seems. It isn't exactly healthy. One loves the other, one sort of of loves the other but primarily uses them as a means to an end. Jack and Chance aren't that different.

So... I'm legitimately shooting in the dark. My sources have lost their sources, similar to what happened to JDW. So I get to play with everyone else.

Cryptic 2 - Never Neverland - the descriptions used in the song basically match the description of The Further from Insidious.

Cryptic 3 - Bosum Buddies - Aside from the fun with words that is Mame, the song is particularly pointed. They're friends, but with a good bit of hostility toward each other. So it's a "versus" thing. Now what couple has a vicious tongue, scalding observations, and stinging opinions? Freddy Kruger and Jason Vorhees.

I fully agree with you legend!

My thought on the first one it's about the birds form hitchcock because the same you that the band formed is the same year as the release of the birds.

Doubt that walking dead is back as a house

I think the cash cow is out of milk:p

Doubt that walking dead is back as a house

I think the cash cow is out of milk:p

Ha, still more profitable than any other tv show, I too hope its gone but the show has been still building steam...