Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

Cryptic 3 - Bosum Buddies - Aside from the fun with words that is Mame, the song is particularly pointed. They're friends, but with a good bit of hostility toward each other. So it's a "versus" thing. Now what couple has a vicious tongue, scalding observations, and stinging opinions? Freddy Kruger and Jason Vorhees.

I suppose combining them would make room for an additional house. I'd prefer them to be separate myself though.

What do you think about my Krampus idea? Santa and Krampus in some cases are actually quite close (some even say they might even be twins) and travel together. They're lore is much closer linked together than Freddy and Jason and they do seem to be portrayed as opposite forces. Just look at my pic over there on the left.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

First thing I thought of upon readong the lyrics was FvJ, but I thought that was impossible to do due to rights issues?

Chucky makes absolutely no sense this year. There's literally nothing to promote and it wouldn't bring in any extra people imo.

Jack and Chance is a solid theory, but what if it's referring to ALL the icons in a retrospective house? Why does it have to be just 2 people he's referring to?

Well, Cassi's tweet definitely feels like Insideous and the Further. Either that or it's The In-Between again or some other dimension of evil concept. And this clue seems a bit... I dunno... Rushed?

In regards to Krampus, Bosum Buddies could be argued to fit, but the fact Jimmy chose a duet and then sang both parts makes me feel like there is a deliberate "twoness" to whatever it is. Krampus doesn't fit that.

Now, here's an interesting question...

Can we trust Jimmy to only put one house in each clue?

Krampus and Santa

You might be right, but I don't think you are.

Watch what Jimmy does when he says tongue and sting. He gives them a little extra activity. They're important words. Freddy is known for his wit (tongue) and Jason for his machete (sting). And again, the use of a duet means the couple is important within the house or zone itself.

If it were Krampus, there's little reason for Santa outside of a single scene (likely a body). He likely wouldn't even share billing. Krampus is enough. I highly doubt Jimmy's performance is for something that is focused on a single entity.

• Like 1

You might be right, but I don't think you are.

Watch what Jimmy does when he says tongue and sting. He gives them a little extra activity. They're important words. Freddy is known for his wit (tongue) and Jason for his machete (sting). And again, the use of a duet means the couple is important within the house or zone itself.

If it were Krampus, there's little reason for Santa outside of a single scene (likely a body). He likely wouldn't even share billing. Krampus is enough. I highly doubt Jimmy's performance is for something that is focused on a single entity.

I guess I just see Krampus and Santa being closer buddies than Freddy and Jason. They are also opposites, yet co-exist.

But then.... I had a memory flashback to when Freddy vs. Jason came out in the theaters. I remember hearing people's arguments over who would actually win the battle and then even after the movie was over, people still argued who actually won. So I suppose the battle was kinda like a rival soccer match in a sense.

Although I haven't dove into the Cassi clue, I did catch something about encroaching. In the movie Jason was encroaching on Freddy's turf and stealing his kills, so I that could mean something as well.

How about an original concept... Nightingales vs. Body Collectors? I doubt it, but it could work too probably.

My guesses are

clue 1 - TWD due to the song being you'll never walk alone being Liverpool FC's anthem and David Morrissey being a massive LFC fan. So you have the Song , the club , and the guy who plays the Guvnor supporting them and being born there.

Clue 2 - Jack the clown - Neverland song / Peter Pan - Hook a film about returning to Neverland starring Robin Williams - who Starred in a film called Jack ( whom he played Jack ) and also the peter pan pic on Dr.Jimmys Tumblr which says about taking your soul - leads me to Jack the clown and the cane of souls ( also he his returning home like Peter to Neverland )

Clue 3 - Hannibal - due to the song bosom buddies about 2 people who its a kinda love hate relationship or vs like someone in the group as mentioned - it talks serving you - the character Vera says about a banquet - says about telling the truth all the time and mentions showing you the devil - the actor as said he believes Hannibal is the devil and his relationship with the FBI agent will is like a love hate relationship..........OR.......Psycho - The play from which the song is from had the actress Angel Lansbury in it who starred in Murder she wrote - Psycho had a actress called Vera miles who later went onto appear in murder she wrote - Psycho was also about Norman Bates who had a split personality in which is he had his mother talking to him making him kill people - Hitchcock house was on the survey..... Just my punts.

do you think they do an orginal story like avp last year

If anything, it would be along the same story line or something similar to FvJ. Not much you can do with that other than the obvious. First half of the house being one side, the second half the other, then maybe one or two fight scenes.

That's if it's FvJ. It could be a Freddy house and a Jason house. Like Legacy said, Can we trust Dr. Jimmy to put one house in each clue?

If it's FvJ, another versus house, I think they'll get it right this time (because scare wise they didn't with AvP, imo). Do more versus scenes and focus on making it scary, which is a lot easier to do with FvJ versus AvP, imo. I mean it'd be kinda hard not to make a house with those 2 in it scary. AvP's major flaw was actor and puppet placement. No one was put in a spot that allowed them to deliver grand scares, so it wasn't scary. Aliens were in predictable spots in plain view, Predators weren't given enough room to move considering their size, plus were used more as showcasing them rather than scaring people, WAY to many generic marines, also in obvious spots, and an anticlimactic ending. If they do FvJ on the level they did 07's NoES, and make the finale the finale of the movie

where Jason cuts off Freddy's head

, then we've got a HoTY early contender with it.

If TWD, Insidious and FvJ are the headlining IPs, I wouldn't complain much. Hell I wouldn't complain at all outside of TWD. Insidious is the only property I've ever wanted at HHN because I think it's PERFECT for it, and FvJ has the same amount of potential AvP had. I just hope it's not as disappointing as that was.

Also, just like Legacy said about not trusting Dr. Jimmy, who says these are all houses?

• Like 1

Can we trust Jimmy to only put one house in each clue?

In all previous years, every house and scarezone has been given one clue. He has yet to put multiple houses and/or scarezones in one clue.

Now with that said, there still is a important thing to consider. Last year Dr. Jimmy changed things up and gave the clues for the scarezones first, then he gave the clues for the houses. So for this year, the current clues could be for houses, could be for scarezones, or he could be doing some houses here, some scarezones there.

Though of course with Cassi being a step behind (or more likely blantantly waiting for Jimmy to give a clue for her to figure out what clue is safe to rush out...)...it does kinda' make it easy to figure out what's what.

Edited by Tobias

I can totally see FvJ this year, goes with the fact they did Halloween and AvP last year. Even though Paramount now owns Jason they own the Friday the 13th series, New Line still owns FvJ the movie so their old partnership with New Line could make it happen. This ties to that tweet about old friends.

As for Insidious I would be incredibly surprised if it doesn't happen this year. 1st is their past relationship with Jason Blum and using Saw,Purge, and Insidious in Hollywood. The 3rd movie comes out in June, Purge Anarchy came out in July last year. So the home video release ties directly with the event this year just like Purge did. Also it was Hollywood's highest rated house, and having experienced how awesome it was I'd love to see what we can do with it.

I honestly would love an Insidious house. The Further is an amazing concept that they can do so much with. They could make an original story with it if they wanted. But I'm pretty sure they would involve scenes from the 2 movies out and the one coming out this year.

I hope the Baby Jumper makes an appearance from the second movie. xD

EDIT: The only thing I don't want to see is them making that the 3D house. When A&D have demons, they tend to make them colorful. Not with Insidious please.

Edited by IheartNARWHALS