Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

By that token, the WWE is possible.

The popularity of The Gentlemen would disagree. Buffy, in truth, would be far more likely since it is the one property that has unofficial history with the event.

If Buffy is the property Murdy is referring to, then I am going to guess that it would be a Hollywood only property. Unless UO wishes to officially be able to use The Gentlemen and decides to discard the Body Collector backstory.

But does Universal still have the theme park rights?

We know Universal had the rights in the past. Have they maintained those rights?

Considering Murdy say it's way outside of horror and Buffy has horror elements, I don't think it's that.

I considered the horror elements of Buffy, but Murdy can be tricky. He enjoys being a trickster and carny. It wasn't until I saw a post regarding the Gentlemen that Buffy even registered as potential horror material to me.

Who and Wonka are still my front runners, but I'm not going to completely discount Buffy.

• Like 2

Sorry to get off the Horror Nights topic for a second but is anyone else excited for Orlando City's game today!?...just me?

Sorry to get off the Horror Nights topic for a second but is anyone else excited for Orlando City's game today!?...just me?

I'm thrilled. I'll be watching from Richmond with my USL jersey on.

I'm thrilled. I'll be watching from Richmond with my USL jersey on.

That's awesome! I'm really excited, hopefully Kaka and Villa get a lot of play time. You're an OC fan in Richmond, not a Kickers fan? (Also, I don't know why my post was posted twice.)

That's awesome! I'm really excited, hopefully Kaka and Villa get a lot of play time. You're an OC fan in Richmond, not a Kickers fan? (Also, I don't know why my post was posted twice.)

I was born and raised in Orlando and just moved to Richmond this last summer. I'm an OC fan, through and through. Hell, I use to be an a ball boy for the original Orlando Lions semi-pro team in the 90s.

• Like 1

I was born and raised in Orlando and just moved to Richmond this last summer. I'm an OC fan, through and through. Hell, I use to be an a ball boy for the original Orlando Lions semi-pro team in the 90s.

That's very cool! I've been a fan since '11 so you got me beat haha! Are you going to make it down to HHN this year? I could be moving out west for my job and my big fear is either:

A. Not making it to HHN

B. Making it to the event on a busy week and not being able to see it all.

...priorities.

That's very cool! I've been a fan since '11 so you got me beat haha! Are you going to make it down to HHN this year? I could be moving out west for my job and my big fear is either:

A. Not making it to HHN

B. Making it to the event on a busy week and not being able to see it all.

...priorities.

Nope. Haven't attended since 2011. I don't enjoy attending as much as I use to, so I don't spend the money. I still post here and speculate because I find it much more enjoyable.
  • Like 1

Another guess to throw at the Murdy clues...

Child's Play.

Here is why: Info lifted from imdb

"In an interview, Don Mancini said in the original script, Child's Play (1988) was at first a satire on toy marketing and merchandising for children, before the idea morphed into a horror film instead."

So the original script was actually not a horror, but more of a comedy. Furthermore, the (Good-Guy Doll) Chucky also was packaged in a box.

and then the "friends"...

Just a crazy guess.

"Such sights to show you" Immediately made me think of Bloody Mary, during the 08 media presentation she said "I have such amazing sights to show you"

"But which ones and what fate?" Possibly a hint at Lady Luck

"I'll hold my tongue for now" Either Storyteller (The 06 arrival, cut out that poor dudes tongue), or Dead silence

And the last part has me stumped

Bonus round: The symbol in the background is the symbol of the jackal from the black zodiac/ the movie 13 ghost

Edited by ChildOfHorror

I don't think I've ever speculated on Cassilda's clues, but I guess I'll jump right in

ChildOfHorror, If I look at your guess, it looks like she's pointing out the three icons that were specifically female.

"Lest I Spoil The Bait" Doesn't immediately ignite ideas in my head though.

BAIT > lure > Nightingales? (men were lured by the nightingales' false beauty, and were all female)

SPOIL > rot > TWD? (probably not, but I'm just broadcasting my train of thought.)

Edited by Mrevio
  • Like 1

The Jackal symbol seems appropriate for Jack.

In the 13 Ghosts, The Jackal is a man in a straight jacket with a metal cage around his head. He committed several atrocities and checked himself into a psychiatric hospital which contributed to further mental deterioration. He chose to remain in the hospital when a fire broke out.

The Jackal obviously has similarities to Jack, but what I find interesting is: If Jack is being linked to the Jackal, he is being linked to a character who was born to a prostitue in 1887.

Remember Dr. Jimmy's tumblr? The pictures of Jack the Ripper stating, "What if Jack the Ripper was the first evil clown?"

I can see the connections to the female icons in the first 3 lines. I'm just not sure if that is there only meaning. I need to think on the last line.

EDIT: Three of the aforementioned icons can be linked together with one word. Shadybrook

Jack spent time there.

Mary was affiliated with it. Whether it was as a consulting physician or permit staff. Echoes of Shadybrook linked her to Shadybrook.

Fortuna (Lady Luck) is harder to be sure of. I can not currently access the 2011 website. (Not having flash on my phone is a pain.) But.. If my memory is right, a gentleman spent time at Shadybrook due to his encounter with Fortuna.

• Like 1

The person who had the altercation with Fortuna was Floyd Mercer.

If the connection to Fortuna, Mary Agana & Elsa Strict is there, you have to wonder where does Chance fit into all of this? Perhaps someone is using her as bait to bring Jack back.

And he spent time in Shadybrook, right?

What I find interesting is the words obscure the symbol.

If the symbol is Jack, is she trying to hide that connection with her words?

• Like 2

I read it far more superficially I gues. I mean I got the Hell raiser quote but to me sounded like: "holding my tongue for now as to not spoil things yet".

But after mentioned. I see the correlation to the jackal and Jack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKfupO4ZzPs

It's definitely referencing this in some capacity. Whether mocking or not, I couldn't tell you.

Going to look into the image and do the usual with it. However, gimp has never given me this dialogue box before:

1678786c81.png

Edit: Made the symbol more pronounced.

6dcd3f7e62.png

I don't know what it is. But it might be important. Perhaps a letter or word in another language? Something fictional?

Edited by Dr. John Overwatch