Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

@HorrorNightsORL is Orlando not @HorrorNights which is Hollywood.

Also Murphy's Law was the name of another band The Misfits played with.

Thank you for confirming, my work blocks twitter. My friend told me this morning that Hollywood was laying some heavy music hints so I was just operating under that impression.

That being said, since they were asking about pre-80's horror, I would assume the classic monsters in some capacity. Unless they were not talking about movies in which case we have a whole pantheon of horror literature to sink our teeth into.

Thank you for confirming, my work blocks twitter. My friend told me this morning that Hollywood was laying some heavy music hints so I was just operating under that impression.

That being said, since they were asking about pre-80's horror, I would assume the classic monsters in some capacity. Unless they were not talking about movies in which case we have a whole pantheon of horror literature to sink our teeth into.

The pre-80's horror was a follow-up question to Mike's "go to horror movie". So, I think he meant movies, although I made a memorable tweet regarding my preferred method of horror being novels prior to the pre-80's question. (It was memorable because my app kept having an identity crisis. It changed my acct once then randomly mentioned others. I had to delete twice.)

As for Mr. Murdy's hints:

The codename is Post-Punk. The hint to the theme of the maze can be found in the title of a song from a band that was initially a part of the post punk movement.

Hints to the song and band are:

1 Murdy shares one of his names with a key member of the band. (Murdy has 4 names)

2 A word in the title of the song is something modern technology has killed.

3 The song is obscure and was released as a single.

1 of the 3 hints may be a red herring.

^that's not verbatim. For Murdy's full words check out the Hollywood codename cheat sheet thread.

This, of course, may or may not be relevant to Orlando's event. It all depends on if we share properties this year and if the above maze is a shared property.

The pre-80's horror was a follow-up question to Mike's "go to horror movie". So, I think he meant movies, although I made a memorable tweet regarding my preferred method of horror being novels prior to the pre-80's question. (It was memorable because my app kept having an identity crisis. It changed my acct once then randomly mentioned others. I had to delete twice.)

As for Mr. Murdy's hints:

The codename is Post-Punk. The hint to the theme of the maze can be found in the title of a song from a band that was initially a part of the post punk movement.

Hints to the song and band are:

1 Murdy shares one of his names with a key member of the band. (Murdy has 4 names)

2 A word in the title of the song is something modern technology has killed.

3 The song is obscure and was released as a single.

1 of the 3 hints may be a red herring.

^that's not verbatim. For Murdy's full words check out the Hollywood codename cheat sheet thread.

This, of course, may or may not be relevant to Orlando's event. It all depends on if we share properties this year and if the above maze is a shared property.

Although Orlando hasn't done many music based houses, the only one I can think of being Alice Cooper. Maybe they are trying something new and sharing a music IP like that. But if we are going by patterns, I doubt it. The one that they did try to tackle was not up to par with what Hollywood was doing. Though I personally enjoyed the house, it was sub par based on the rest of the year's houses.

Though if they were to do a music house that was up there with what Hollywood produces, I would enjoy it.

Edited by IheartNARWHALS

Although Orlando hasn't done many music based houses, the only one I can think of being Alice Cooper. Maybe they are trying something new and sharing a music IP like that. But if we are going by patterns, I doubt it. The one that they did try to tackle was not up to par with what Hollywood was doing. Though I personally enjoyed the house, it was sub par based on the rest of the year's houses.

The house isn't necessarily music based. The theme to the maze can be found in a song title doesn't mean the maze is music based. In my opinion, Murdy's use of a music genre and a song title suggests this isn't a music based house.

The current leading theories on the Hollywood side of the forums are AHS and Insidious.

Though if they were to do a music house that was up there with what Hollywood produces, I would enjoy it.

I think people on this thread are taking the music hint to mean it's a music maze. It's not necessarily that, it's just that the song title relates to the maze somehow.

Anyways, as a hollywood-goer who rarely visits the Orlando thread, can someone just quickly summarize which mazes have been touched upon here? Over on the Hollywood thread someone mentioned Hellraiser. Is that true?

I think people on this thread are taking the music hint to mean it's a music maze. It's not necessarily that, it's just that the song title relates to the maze somehow.

Anyways, as a hollywood-goer who rarely visits the Orlando thread, can someone just quickly summarize which mazes have been touched upon here? Over on the Hollywood thread someone mentioned Hellraiser. Is that true?

Mostly Alfred Hitchcock from what I can gather. Anything else doesn't really have much weight to it.

Thats a fair statement. When I say a music based house, I mean the music portion is what's the pull guests into the line. The story I know is completely separate

Mostly Alfred Hitchcock from what I can gather. Anything else doesn't really have much weight to it.

Thats a fair statement. When I say a music based house, I mean the music portion is what's the pull guests into the line. The story I know is completely separate

In this instance, I would say whatever it is, the music will likely not be what pulls in the public. This is probably an IP that won't need a music headliner.

Murdy is a tricky fellow. He used Beauty is Skin deep as code name and Avon as hint for AVP last year.

I need to recheck Doc's tumblr, but I believe there is only one Hellraiser reference, and I don't believe Hellraiser is the important part of that particular picture.

I need to recheck Doc's tumblr, but I believe there is only one Hellraiser reference, and I don't believe Hellraiser is the important part of that particular picture.

There was quite at least four Hellraiser photos from what I saw, but that really means nothing when we don't know what's right and wrong, unless you're Jimmy, or maybe Legacy, since he also seems to have good sources.

There was quite at least four Hellraiser photos from what I saw, but that really means nothing when we don't know what's right and wrong, unless you're Jimmy, or maybe Legacy, since he also seems to have good sources.

I missed the latter ones. This is the only one I had seen.

http://drjimmyandbob.tumblr.com/post/108670398747

But...All of the posts Dr. Jimmy has made have one thing in common,excluding the Hitchcock posts, but including the Hellraiser posts. There is one theme, commonality, they all share something.

I don't think we'll get many shares this year, since our event is an anniversary, and there's isn't. Maybe we'll share 2 or 3 IPs, but I think everything else will be independent for our 25th anniversary content.

I missed the latter ones. This is the only one I had seen.

http://drjimmyandbob.tumblr.com/post/108670398747

But...All of the posts Dr. Jimmy has made have one thing in common,excluding the Hitchcock posts, but including the Hellraiser posts. There is one theme, commonality, they all share something.

Besides all being UK-related, or is there another twist?

Besides all being UK-related, or is there another twist?

That's been the one thing I've noticed.

I've tried to find the twists, but so far I've been unsuccessful.

Stonehenge Cat is a British cryptid. There's the Beast of Darmoor that's another Brithish Cryptid. I don't believe he has that one pictured. They are both Big Cats.

Lots of countrysides and forests. A ton of whovian references.

Four British novels that reference anthropomorphic animals. Mr. Badger is from either The Wind in the Willows or Toad Hall (can't remember which). Interestingly enough, A.A. Milne did the screen adaption of The Wind in the Willows. Milne is, of course, the author of Winnie the Pooh. And Paddington hanging out with the cenobites.

The Northhampton Clown is pictured several times. There's the Plague Doctors on the London Underground. Tons of Potter. Potter/Whovian mixed together. Queen Elizabeth and her Silver Jubilee. I believe a werewolf from the Howling. Tons of Hammer references. Jack the Ripper...

But, with that one commonality (British), I wonder what one thing the Good Doctor is trying to tell us.

I don't trust my sources.

• Like 1

If I have sources, I wouldn't trust them. xD

Also a quick question. If they do end up adding a ninth house, will this raise ticket prices or do you think they would just slash the budget somewhere? Knowing Universal, it might be bothh. But basically my question is what are they most likely to do?

Edited by IheartNARWHALS

If I have sources, I wouldn't trust them. xD

Also a quick question. If they do end up adding a ninth house, will this raise ticket prices or do you think they would just slash the budget somewhere? Knowing Universal, it might be bothh. But basically my question is what are they most likely to do?

Heh... Heh heh...

Yeah. Prices would go up.

I don't trust my sources.

I only trust the voices in my head.

Eck! Speak not of the dastardly price raises. I'm already slowly hoarding coins.

A small monkey wrench to throw into my previous observations. I was excluding Hitchcock from the British "theming" I saw in the Doctor's tumblr pics due to my own speculative thoughts.

Hitchcock was in fact British. I separated him solely out of my desire for a Hitchcock house, and wanting those clues to point to that.

I trust some of my sources. I think a lot of dis-information gets intentionally sent out... as well as real info being intentionally sent out. It's very bipolar. I know a few sources I can take their word to the bank... and others who might hit the broad side of a barn on a good day. Most of the people I listen to know what they are talking about... and some think they do. Either way I know the ones who make crap up. It's determining if the ones who make crap up have already gotten to the ones who just parrot is the real challenge as no one divulges the source.

Don't prices always go up in some fashion or form? The only way around that is ticketing separately or losing features (such as less houses).

Yeah, I'm not too concerned about the price change, it was just a topic that hasn't been brought up yet.

Any potential that the Hellraiser stuff points to a sequel to the in between?

If I remember correctly they both involve puzzles leading to hellish dimensions.

I mean, it could be what it means. But I don't see any rhyme or reason on why they should bring back the In Between. It was a good house but making a sequel wouldn't make much sense. The story wasn't that riveting in the first place so I don't see where they could take it.

Yeah, I'm not too concerned about the price change, it was just a topic that hasn't been brought up yet.

I mean, it could be what it means. But I don't see any rhyme or reason on why they should bring back the In Between. It was a good house but making a sequel wouldn't make much sense. The story wasn't that riveting in the first place so I don't see where they could take it.

Well, Havoc's story wasn't riveting either, but lo and behold... We got a hallway out of it.

Anyways, I suppose Hellraiser could point to fear. The lament configuration being the lantern, but take that with a grain of salt, a shrug, and if it's not true, pretend I never said it.

Back on topic, Jimmy's posted some rabbits.

http://drjimmyandbob.tumblr.com/post/109272662527

http://drjimmyandbob.tumblr.com/post/109272594447

Feaster bunny?

He's also posted a number of things about "Ghost watch" which is a made for T.V. movie about a paranormal investigation gone wrong. I'm guessing legendary truth is making a return. But I think we already knew that.

• Like 2