Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

Oh in my guesses I forgot the Hitchcock possibility. I honestly do not care for that. Psycho has been done time and time again. I'm sure it would be the focus because, aside from the birds... what else would the majority of people recognize?

BUT I've heard from several sources it is a possibility so... meh.

635585846323346947-POLTERGEISTSCARYCLOWN

Creepy clown doll from new Poltergeist

On an unrelated note:

Saw BaBadook last night. That is the way horror should be done. Even though it isn't traditional house material I think they could pull it off pretty well. Give me that and Oculus (complete with disorientating techniques) and you would guarantee I'd go.

• Like 1

Babadook is amazing. A house couldn't do that movie justice.

I agree but there is enough spook factor to carry a house I think . you got the creepy images of the book, the physical character. I think it could be done with enough effort.

I'm still not too sure about Insidious, nothing about my personal feelings on the movie. Yes it does fit & yes it was in Hollywood but like people told me, Dead End was basically their answer to Insidious so I don't think its necessarily coming. I've been calling Scream since November & it is my personal favorite horror film & want to see it brought to life before my eyes so I 100% support it coming this year. With the Friday reboot moved to next year, the only way I think we see Jason is in a Freddy VS. Jason house. A lot of clues NOES is coming back this year though. I don't see TCM back unless the Evil Dead finale & the FDTD finale along with the easter egg in Halloween were clues to it, that & the big one of Roanoke being a Cannibal house.

American Horror Story is the wild card here, as is will The Walking Dead return. It's anyone's guess at this point on which will see the light of day this year. If TWD can go even bigger than the last two years( a duel run, laser tag, Extreme House) then I support its return & that's coming from someone who's never seen the show before. If Fox gets its ducks in a row, I can see AHS ushering in a new more extreme style house if not the Extreme house concept previously mentioned. Can both co-exist? I think they could but i'm not sure if they would want to. I guess we'll have to see.

I support The Purge coming back but with the move to next year, i'm thinking its more of 26 concept than a 25 one. Same with The Conjuring, unless we get it as a high spot in another All Nite Die-In or Silver Screams house.

Rumors persist about Dark Christmas being turned into a house on both coasts & if that does end up happening, I can easily see Krampus as a part of that house. Poltergeist is a very good possibility with the new movie whether its based on the original or the remake, either would make a fun paranormal house to scare & entertain at the same time.

BriMan would love Hellraiser & it could be possible, it's anyone's guess if they'll go that route or not. Same with Chucky, all that merch makes me think Child's Play might be coming either this year or in the next few. Bayou of Blood would make a great house & with Mamba being so popular with the fan base last year, I could see them giving her a wicked back story & we have our first Original Voodoo House.

I can see former houses as scare zones this year, vice versa with houses into zones(Roanoke just screams out scare zone to me) & i'm still not sure how many Icons come back with Jack.

I'd like another set of lagoon shows this year, would be a nice fit in between houses, zones, B&T & the other shows I believe may happen. I think Jack will get a show, zone & house when its all said & done.

And finally Alfred Hitchcock, i've wanted to see this house for a long time. My first year being officially 2012, I wasn't able to see Psycho in any form at the event. I think if you do it right you could have quite a hit on your hands. An H.R. Bloodengutz style with televisions showing Hitchcock's actual words describing what we're about to see before we transition into the next room, A Hitchcock scare actor introducing the house in the first room after possibly walking through his iconic silhouette, maybe a movie set & do his scenes in black & white. Hitting the high spots of his filmography & finally finishing with one final scare from the master himself at the end leading to the theme song ushering us out of the house.

Ghostbusters, upcharge attraction. Sign me up & do so now. I'd love anything involving Ghostbusters at the event & I think the time is now, anniversary wise it would've made more sense last year but if we got it this year, I wouldn't complain. Obviously I want Penn & Teller back to the event but that's a personal want more than anything.

Give me B&T merch, original content merch(i'd rock a Giggles & Gore, Inc shirt last year if there was one) & new vinyls plus give me a non TWD hoodie. I wanted one last year but hated the design. Either way I think we're gonna have a fun year this year, let the rumors, speculation & news continue.

And if part of the house was you walking into the popup book, I would be completely sold.

Is there any chance you could do a Babadook room inside a Scary Tales 4? If we can't get a full house.
  • Like 2

Is there any chance you could do a Babadook room inside a Scary Tales 4? If we can't get a full house.

If you really wanted to stretch what Babadook is, I guess you could. That being said, it would feel like wasted potential to me as they could easily devote three or four rooms of the house to walking through the popup book.

hey sirowendiesny do you think we could see the japananese scarezone that was scrappped last year or house tha based on japanes monsters stories like the kitsune and what have you

I think its possible, depends on if they give the streets to different icons or not. If not this year, perhaps next.

Dead End was basically their answer to Insidious

Dead End was their answer to The Apparition. A horrible movie but it was based on the "Philip experiment", in which, parapsychologists successfully created a made up entity by sheer will.

Dead end was just a creepy old abandon house that the neighborhood kids created a folklore about. They kept adding stories and they eventually became believed so much they willed the ghosts into existence. Along came ghost chasers and they brought their apparatus which further intensified the made up ghosts. What was unique about Dead End was every single ghost had a back story.

• Like 1

Dead End was their answer to The Apparition. A horrible movie but it was based on the "Philip experiment", in which, parapsychologists successfully created a made up entity by sheer will.

Dead end was just a creepy old abandon house that the neighborhood kids created a folklore about. They kept adding stories and they eventually became believed so much they willed the ghosts into existence. Along came ghost chasers and they brought their apparatus which further intensified the made up ghosts. What was unique about Dead End was every single ghost had a back story.

yeah I took the behind the scenes tour that year too and all stories were amazing. A lot more to that house than you could possibly know unless you took the tour. It made me enjoy it even more.

• Like 1

I like how at the beginning of the survey it says, "This year, Halloween Horror Nights will host at least 8 haunted houses". "At least" sounds like more than 8 to me. Then again, maybe they run with 8 regular access houses and add an extra 9th extreme house for an additional fee.

The Babadook is worth watching I see? I have it on my Netflix queue.

• Like 1

yeah I took the behind the scenes tour that year too and all stories were amazing. A lot more to that house than you could possibly know unless you took the tour. It made me enjoy it even more.

Yeah I wish I had paid more attention to each story. Sometimes I get that kind of stuff sent to me (back stories and what not) But I have very little from that year in general.

Beat me to it. I can see a few good scenes. The closet, the clown doll, the tree, and a scene of us in the TV would be pretty neato. I personally don't see Poltergeist happening though. Just me?

Well the original was already planned as a house at one point.