HHNH Planning & Tips (The 2014 Edition)

A bunch of Universal workers in bright neon shirts that say "Scare Patrol" they show up in a different maze line every time and have the guests participate in various games to win prizes ranging on how big the challenge was, anything from Glow Sticks, Stickers, FOTL passes, DVD's, Movie Tickets, ect. The games are usually dance offs, horror trivia or can be something related to the maze; Team Rick vs. Team Daryl, acting possessed, rising from the dead ect.

• Like 1

The biggest change is going to be From Dusk Till Dawn. It's in the backlot but you'll reach before AVP or TWD. If I were going, I would run (have we mentioned running before? Run) to TWD, AVP, FDTD, AWIL, Clowns, Terror Tram, Untold, and then rest a second while you check out scarezones and decide what to do.

Also, the first Saturday was slower than most days due to most of the hardcore fans going Friday.

Oh my god my sister is throwing a wrench in my plans. I told her I don't want to do any rides, and because my dad insists we all stay together and can't go off on our own, she wants to do every ride except for the Simpsons. Gah she's killing me. It's gonna be like last year where I only get to do the backlot mazes 2 times and lower lot 1 and 2 times. And upper lot once each.

You're doing every maze though right?

In 2012 I wanted the bunny from the mailman but never got it I just got a dumb poster 2 times. And in 2013 Specs and Tucker gave me and my ex a Spectral Sightings Card.

Props to the actor of the mailman in 2012, I went up to him and whispered the password and he sneakily handed me the poster so others in line couldn't know what was going on. But my older brother who went after me got grilled by him for just saying the password out loud so others could hear. He did get a poster in the end tho after some scolding in a funny way. :D

Edited by Hatchet

In 2012 I wanted the bunny from the mailman but never got it I just got a dumb poster 2 times. And in 2013 Specs and Tucker gave me and my ex a Spectral Sightings Card.

Props to the actor of the mailman in 2012, I went up to him and whispered the password and he sneakily handed me the poster so others in line couldn't know what was going on. But my older brother who went after me got grilled by him for just saying the password out loud so others could hear. He did get a poster in the end tho after some scolding in a funny way. :D

same thing happened to us we told the mailman the password which was "Witch" and he pulled out the poster then pulled it back and asked us who gave us the password, I replied Murdy and he gave it to 4 of us and said "Now you're thinking boy". The rest of our group answered "twitter" and he refused saying there is no reception in Silent Hill.

once someone gave him the password and this girl saw him give the kid a poster and she yelled "I want one!" And he walked up to here and said in like a really loud voice "ITS NOT ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT!" (Then he brought his tone down) "But for me I got this mail to deliver" I thought that was pretty funny xD
  • Like 2

once someone gave him the password and this girl saw him give the kid a poster and she yelled "I want one!" And he walked up to here and said in like a really loud voice "ITS NOT ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT!" (Then he brought his tone down) "But for me I got this mail to deliver" I thought that was pretty funny xD

That's funny reading this it sounded so familiar and I looked it up and HHNfanboy caught this on video on his "HHN Opening Day 2012!" video.

This Saturday is going to be interesting to manage. I am going to try to negotiate with my work to work until 6, but I'm scheduled until 7:30. Thankfully, my job is only twenty minutes from Universal, but it's still going to suck because Ill be there late. The thing is, I'm going with a group of my friends that night. It'll be about 6-8 people going with me. They're going to meet me there and I know the lines are going to be long. I agreed with some in my group that Terror Tram, Faceoff, or rides are not high on the priority list. They'll probably want to ride DM: MM since they haven't ridden it yet. So here's what I plan on:

-All backlot houses first

-Dinner and then AWiL

-Go from there and see what the group does.

If we miss Terror Tram, Clowns, Faceoff, or Dracula, that's fine. At least I will have already seen them the night before. I really want to go through AWiL, AVP, and FDTD. Especially FDTD since everyone is going because we all know someone working that house. Anyway, That's what's going on Saturday, and I could use the best of luck on trying to do as much as I can.

If you bought FOL tix and an Eyegore ticket already, prepare to bash your head in.

MiceChat is selling tix for their event for only $129. It includes FOL ($119), Eyegore Awards ($50), and dinner (roughly $20). That's a savings of $60. Not to mention, the regular Eyegore add on only comes with a measily FOL good for the Terror Tram only. Even if you bought a GA and the Eyegore ticket, you could've spent only $27 more for a full on FOL and a buffet.

If my friends were more rich, I would do this in a heart beat.

They're only selling 50 tix, so act fast (if its not sold out already).

I also would like to inform you, FOL for Saturday, Sept 27th, is already sold out (um, random). Get your tix early this year, folks!

Edited by DTH316

If you make early access most likely you will be done, if not almost done with the back lot and lower lot depending on what your Pops wants to if he wants to do something in the lower or back lot meet him either in front of the escalator in the lower lot or at Jurassic café, otherwise I recommend meeting him either at the statue in front of the main gate or in front of the fire towers in the Purge scarezone. Honestly those are the best places to meet people, from years of experience (especially if you know more about the event then the people you are meeting) I learned anywhere else you are gonna just confuse the other person and do a run around it easy just to say "look for the big balls of fire I'll be there!" ect. Also remember that there is no re-entry so you'll have to wait for them inside the park, and standing around will make you a target for Scare-actor.....which is not all that bad!

So my dad just threw a bit of a wrench in my plans. He won't be off work until 9. He's gonna be like 30 mins max from Universal so the plan was to meet him in the park. Does anyone have a recommendation on where/when to meet him so that it does not slow down our plans?

Tell him to meet you at the top of the giant escalator that goes to the lower level. There is an elevator just off to the side of the escalator where the crowds will not be. That is pretty much the central point of the event so it's relatively quick for you to meet him whether you're in the lower lot, the terror tram, or the upper lot. If you are smart, you'll get there early and do the lower lot stuff and be done with that part by about 9:45 - then head up to meet your dad. Sounds like he'll meet you around 10:00 or 10:15 - just when the lines are super long, so head to Terror Tram before it closes.

MAJOR UPDATE:

COLLEGE THURSDAYS HAVE RETURNED!

I just checked with my school website (UCR) and college Thursday tix are only $47! That's Oct 16th, 23rd, and 30th all for the same price. Hooray for us broke college students!!!!

ANOTHER BIG UPDATE:

Front of the Line has sold out for this Saturday, Sept 20th.

That's two FOL nights sold out already (both Saturdays). The 20th and the 27th. Before the event has even BEGUN.

I guess if you're getting FOL this year, BUY VERY VERY EARLY.

It's also important to note, FOL and VIP type tix usually don't have fluctuated prices like GA tix do. So if you're waiting for the price to drop on them, DON'T! They'll only get higher. Buy as soon as possible for the cheapest price and to avoid FOL & VIP running out. I'm pretty sure some nights will have limited additional FOL & VIP being sold in the park though, but that's only once you're there in person and if you already bought a GA ticket.

• Like 1