Roanoke: The Cannibal Colony

JDW

bg_roanoke.thumb.jpg.2ca7b38f2b09b460944dc5caa7ee9051.jpg

The inhabitants of this lost Virginia colony have resorted to cannibalism to survive. Take a trip back in time and explore the remains of this settlement where you’ll get a history lesson you’ll never forget.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

From the blog on the Roanoke colony:

What’s this business about the “spirit of Wendigo?”

I’m pretty sure my family rented one of those for a road trip when I was a kid.
I think that’s a Winnebago… The spirit of Wendigo is something much more sinister. It’s actually a mythical Native American creature that curses all those who ingest human flesh. These people have snapped, and they have to somehow justify their cannibalism. They think they’re being possessed by the Wendigo spirit. They start eating their own mouths. They’ve chewed away their lips. They’ve just completely lost it.

WENDIGOS!!!! OHMANHMANOHMANOHMAN

This is officially my most eagerly anticipated house now! And from FB, could that mask in the upper left be one of the full creatures?!

10580025_10152331698718233_6001658461358

• Like 1

I actually don't know where these belong. It could be here or Bayou for the bottom one... the other one could be a lot of things. I'll have to blow it up when I get home see if I can read the writing. I'll just leave them here until I can figure it out.

2rgnhb6.jpg

e7e339.jpg

They mentioned a surprise in the finale and I am curious as to what on earth it could be...

I'm hoping that the final section of this maze is where the fully transformed Wendigo resides. I'm hoping for a gigantic creature that looks like this...

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120213141914/powerlisting/images/3/32/Wendigo1.jpg

The bottom picture above might even be an example of what the Wendigo spirit transforms the cannibals turn into.

The bottom picture above might even be an example of what the Wendigo spirit transforms the cannibals turn into.

That's a good point. this picture has to belong here. I forgot the windeigo has a deer head in many versions. However, in the description, they said they were justifing their killings by believing they were windego. So may not see a "real" one

I'm hoping that the final section of this maze is where the fully transformed Wendigo resides. I'm hoping for a gigantic creature that looks like this...

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120213141914/powerlisting/images/3/32/Wendigo1.jpg

That's an interesting idea and it would let them repurpose their Minotaur costume from 2010 (assuming that has not already been done or been sold).

That's a good point. this picture has to belong here. I forgot the windeigo has a deer head in many versions. However, in the description, they said they were justifing their killings by believing they were windego. So may not see a "real" one

What if the 'surprise' at the end is the real wendigo eating the deranged colonists? I could totally get behind that idea.

• Like 3

What's bugged me all about this potential Wendigo talk is that, in actual legend, it's not a physical creature; It's a spirit that possesses people and makes them cannibals. That said, there a few ways any "surprise" can go. I have a couple of ideas that deal mostly with what ISN'T mentioned in the description.

• Like 1

If you look at the picture I posted, it looks like we see three stages of the Wendigo transformation. The mask on the right is the most human, with the lips chewed off. The one just to the left has a mostly human head, but the face has been peeled away to reveal something a more monstrous. And the head at the top is the creature more (or fully) transformed. My guess is that the colonists are possessed, and then transformed, into a physical manifestation of the Wendigo.

• Like 1

I like the concept of this alot but.. I feel like of the three originals, this one might be the one that gets the short end of the stick. Reality is one of these will get the least amount of budget. It's easier to get away with toning stuff down for this house with things like trees and corn (example the last few forrest rooms of La Llorona last year).

Edited by Coast
  • Like 1

From the blog on the Roanoke colony:

What’s this business about the “spirit of Wendigo?”

I’m pretty sure my family rented one of those for a road trip when I was a kid.

I think that’s a Winnebago… The spirit of Wendigo is something much more sinister. It’s actually a mythical Native American creature that curses all those who ingest human flesh. These people have snapped, and they have to somehow justify their cannibalism. They think they’re being possessed by the Wendigo spirit. They start eating their own mouths. They’ve chewed away their lips. They’ve just completely lost it.

WENDIGOS!!!! OHMANHMANOHMANOHMAN

This is officially my most eagerly anticipated house now! And from FB, could that mask in the upper left be one of the full creatures?!

10580025_10152331698718233_6001658461358

I'm on board with you man. I'm super hyped for this house. Any house that is loosely based off of history makes my mouth water.

• Like 1

I like the concept of this alot but.. I feel like of the three originals, this one might be the one that gets the short end of the stick. Reality is one of these will get the least amount of budget. It's easier to get away with toning stuff down for this house with things like trees and corn (example the last few forrest rooms of La Llorona last year).

that would truly be a shame if this house ended in a similar way as La Llorona. Let's hope that this "surprise" turns out good.