Roanoke: The Cannibal Colony

JDW

Hallow'd Past didn't need one. The house took place in a warehouse and was built in a warehouse.

I agree It worked for what it was. So i guess if you want to say the warehouse was the facade then it would count as an external.

well

Scary Tales III had an external

Ripped had an internal

Hallow'd past didn't really have one.

Forsaken had the water effect outside (otherwise really just jumped right in)

HOH no facade.

TWD had one outside

Roanoke has an internal

So in the history of the parade building:

2 internal (including this year)

2 external

3 didn't have one.

My mistake. I didn't think that over before I wrote it. How could I forget scary tales...

This might not be it, but one "surprise" I think they should have been doing for years is having scare actors blended in with people in the queue. At a certain point, the scare actor who appears to be a guest is attacked and turned into a victim.

I have been to a lot of smaller haunts here in Texas and this works well for them however there are way to many people in the HHN queues to make this happen. At the small haunts i have seen people run the length of the entire queue pushing and shoving people out of there way to get away from the scare actor. Mix Pushing and Shoving + Alcohol and you going to get fights occurring or someone getting injured \ trampled.

Guest kiwisoup

I have been to a lot of smaller haunts here in Texas and this works well for them however there are way to many people in the HHN queues to make this happen. At the small haunts i have seen people run the length of the entire queue pushing and shoving people out of there way to get away from the scare actor. Mix Pushing and Shoving + Alcohol and you going to get fights occurring or someone getting injured \ trampled.

I think you're overthinking it a bit. They did this in the Saw house in 2009. The plant just sneaks into line via a scareactor door, then goes on with the line for a bit until they interact with the other actors...then they get pulled into the doorway and make their way back to where they started. They don't actually sit in the entire line, and once you are IN the house and it's dark and effects and such, nobody is worried about cutting in line.

or they could have the actors go into the house using the express line? making it seem like they were express pass holders?

Edited by clash

This might be kind of obscure but does anyone know of a comic called The Crossed? does this house reminds anyone of the comic? some of the stuff in the house reminds me of the comic, some of the gags, even the wendigo looks like one of their covers

FVen0Ds.jpg?1

(If you don't know what I'm talking about and hate extreme gore do not google this, I'm serious, even for a comic it very very graphic and extreme)

Edited by clash
  • Like 1

I think that everyone who has talked negatively about Roanoke in their reviews simply hit the house at the wrong time. The actors in this house haven't gotten cast change down to a science quite yet so during cast changes there are very few scares. Also, the actors are still getting used to timing and figuring out their niches so to speak. The environment is by no means below par. I heard that someone had said it was poorly put together and seemed like a home haunt. That blew me away when I read that. Anyways, if this is one of your most anticipated houses then don't listen to any of the negative comments. Wait till you go through the house and if possible, go through several times. That can make a huge difference, not only with Roanoke but with any haunted house. And if you are a history geek like I am, you will probably have a natural attraction to this house. I actually got a lot of ideas for my home haunt from the houses this year, Roanoke included. Now if we can actually pull it off, that's a different story.