Roanoke: The Cannibal Colony

JDW

Yep there was a crow placed in every house. Which was hinting at this house... or at least some incarnation of it. I have a feeling there was a modification to it after last year but... who really knows?

Now watch the surprise being lots of crows at the end of the house. Their wings will block the sun.

• Like 1

so if there is a surprise and the wendigo is a spirit, does that mean the house will be full of human characters and the wendigo will just show up in the last room as a surprise?

as for the legend, I always knew it as a wendigo being a real thing and not a spirit, I don't understand why the legend got screwed up over time because i never heard it as a spirit until now. I wonder what made it change with people telling it

so if there is a surprise and the wendigo is a spirit, does that mean the house will be full of human characters and the wendigo will just show up in the last room as a surprise?

as for the legend, I always knew it as a wendigo being a real thing and not a spirit, I don't understand why the legend got screwed up over time because i never heard it as a spirit until now. I wonder what made it change with people telling it

I have heard this house will have stilts, leading me to believe that there will be at least one Wendigo. My story ideas run along two lines: we start with cannibal colonists who become more and more monstrous over time until they fully transform into a Wendigo (which lines up more with mythology) OR we start with cannibal colonists who get eaten/killed by a real Wendigo (which is a nice twist but might be too hard for the GP to understand).

I have heard the Wendigo story both ways and in the research I have done, it seems that it did function as both a creature and a spirit in the Native American legend. They did believe that someone could be possessed by a Wendigo spirit and thus turn cannibal and at the same time they did believe it to be a creature roaming in the wild. There are various looks to the creature itself but all seem to agree that it is a giant and yet emaciated looking to the point that its bones are visible through its skin. The more animalistic look is debated tribe to tribe so while that may be present in the house, it may also just be a gaunt looking giant.

• Like 1

I can only imagine, and, I'm glad it wasn't me.

Throw in the fact that Roanoke is breaking right at the mini-grill with two casts that are going to be able to eat away all night because they're wearing masks?

Torture, man. By the end of the run, the Roanoke cannibals may really be hungry for human flesh...

• Like 1

Throw in the fact that Roanoke is breaking right at the mini-grill with two casts that are going to be able to eat away all night because they're wearing masks?

Torture, man. By the end of the run, the Roanoke cannibals may really be hungry for human flesh...

Milkshakes would work. Just use a straw.

My milkshake brings all the colonists to the grill...

They could just blend all their food and suck it through a straw... Like a meatshake.

Or squeezable baby food. I tell you I've tasted everyone of my daughters foods and most aren't bad at all. Most just need a little salt. the fruit ones though would be good as smoothies. Actually are. i'm guilty of blending a few lol.

• Like 3

Nothing but milkshakes for 25 nights would get old.

That, and I don't think that grill serves milkshakes (or at least I don't remember them doing so).

Milkshakes or no solid for 25 nights would be horrific.

I speak from experience. I had my tonsils out at 19. Post op instruction: No solid, hot, or cold food for two weeks (Basically baby food, lukewarm soup and mashed potatoes, and soggy bread). It was up to 3 weeks after I had adverse reactions to the anesthesia the day after surgery. I will definitely empathize with them.

You'd think you could sustain yourself on baby food. I actually learned the perfect seasonings for each type of food during the 3 week recovery after my tonsillectomy, but I still lost 20lbs in those 3 weeks. I dropped to 98lbs after the surgery. I looked skeletal.

Well Autumn eat two jars of the stuff and she is o

Milkshakes or no solid for 25 nights would be horrific.

I speak from experience. I had my tonsils out at 19. Post op instruction: No solid, hot, or cold food for two weeks (Basically baby food, lukewarm soup and mashed potatoes, and soggy bread). It was up to 3 weeks after I had adverse reactions to the anesthesia the day after surgery. I will definitely empathize with them.

You'd think you could sustain yourself on baby food. I actually learned the perfect seasonings for each type of food during the 3 week recovery after my tonsillectomy, but I still lost 20lbs in those 3 weeks. I dropped to 98lbs after the surgery. I looked skeletal.

Well it takes a lot of baby food.I mean Autumn eats 2 containers of the level three now and she is only 20 lbs. But it would only be during the shift... Unless you WANT to loose a lot of weight I guess.