HHN 2014: From Dusk 'Till Dawn

Freak

Yes I haven't seen it. I didn't say I've seen it.

Not always. Just last year a bit and this year starting kff already. If the Conjuring comes I'm sold.

Then how do you know you don't like it if you've never actually watched an episode

Just to add something about the whole AHS deal. AVP as well as AHS are both Fox properties. I belive it would also be the first Fox property at hhn. If AVP does come ( which looks pretty likely) and does well, Fox may want to work with them in future years and push the AHS guys to loosen up...just a theory

53c30db6a92859c669bf397c_fionagoode_jess

Pretty relevant gif.

I was thinking about it, and while I think Season 2 of AHS would have been amazing maze fodder, Season 3 wouldn't have been nearly as awesome. And I really believe that From Dusk Till Dawn is a better choice, regardless of whatever backstage corporate talk about demographics and show schedules and competitions and FX's diva moments or AMC demanding the spotlight.

Seriously. Look at the trailers. Are you telling me that this doesn't look amazing? I can't wait to be at the gates and haul ass to the backlot to do TWD, AVP, and then FDTD.

• Like 6

Guys, I'm so exciiiiiiiiited already, ahhh!! Murdy's tweets today just got me even more fired up for this. I can't wait. I seriously can't wait. I've BEGUN WATCHING. I'm only on episode two, but that snake-swallowing moment that ferox posted a gif of was shown already. Eugh, it's even better to watch the scene in its entirety.

• Like 1

tumblr_mix0r77phx1qc9z95o1_500.gif

ACTUALLY, my bad, he didn't say it was going in a soundstage, just that it's not going in 747.

I did hear that it was a soundstage though... Where did I get that from... I might be recalling details from my hazy skim of the spec thread this morning. It's Orlando that is getting it in a soundstage, accoding to hearsay, so we miiight get a soundstage too, but it's not been confirmed.

I'll post all the stuff that's been said over Twitter in a minute!

How it came together:

• Murdy has been trying to hook up with Robert Rodriquez for the past three years, but due to filming schedules, has not been able to until now.
  • Greg Nicotero (TWD and FDTD make up artist) and Wilmer Valderrama (Carlos in the FDTD series) suggested the IP and Greg helped him put together a deal.

Codename confirmation and nightly password maze confirmation:

• "And now some HHN INSIDE SCOOP for the uber fans who are into maze code names and all the behind the scenes details of the event... From Dusk Till Dawn had no code name (SHOCK!). It was the project I refered to early as THE SUPER SECRET PROJECT (ironically named now LOL) The maze will be located on the Universal Backlot..."
  • "...it also will be the maze this year to feature the HHN TWITTER NIGHTLY PASSWORD... Each night of the event I will tweet a password for FDTD, if you give the password to The Gecko Brothers...you might get something in return."

Maze description and details:

• "After a botched bank heist in Texas leaves a trail of dead bodies, career criminals THE GECKO BROTHERS make a break for the Mexican border. The Gecko Borothers plan to rendevous with brutal crime lord CARLOS MADRIGAL at his nightclub THE TWISTER. But when the Gecko Brothers cross the border and rendezvous with Carlos at his nightclub…things go from bad to worse! Step inside THE TWISTER, an exotic nightclub that conceals a terrifying secret. The star attraction is dancer SANTANICO PANDEMONIUM. What the Gecko Brothers don’t know is that Santanico, Carlos and the shady denizens of the nightclub are actually CULEBRAS-- snake-like vampires that have existed for centuries, & the club sits on top of an ancient temple containing a labyrinth of horrors! You’ll find The Twister at the place where the dead roads meet. It’s open…FROM DUSK TILL DAWN!"
  • "SETH & RICHIE GECKO will be featured in the maze, right before you go inside THE TWISTER. These are speaking roles, need ACTORS to play them."
  • "You will also encounter THE DOORMAN before you enter THE TWISTER, another speaking role...3 actors outside the maze before you ever go in!"
  • "And of course once you enter THE TWISTER, you will encounter the enchanting SANTANICO PANDEMONIUM doing her snake dance! DANCERS! I need you."
  • "In the past few years, we've featured mazes on mythical characters like La Llorona and El Cucuy...this year FDTD fills that slot... I think Robert's take on MesoAmerican mythology in FDTD is amazing, the Culebras, The Baki, The Chanan...all will be featured in the maze."
@HorrorNights Soundstage 747 or someplace new? Also what's the full maze name?

@ksfhhnfan no tagline for FDTD, would be too long with it. Not going in 747

• Like 3

How it came together:

• Murdy has been trying to hook up with Robert Rodriquez for the past three years, but due to filming schedules, has not been able to until now.
  • Greg Nicotero (TWD and FDTD make up artist) and Wilmer Valderrama (Carlos in the FDTD series) suggested the IP and Greg helped him put together a deal.

Codename confirmation and nightly password maze confirmation:

• "And now some HHN INSIDE SCOOP for the uber fans who are into maze code names and all the behind the scenes details of the event... From Dusk Till Dawn had no code name (SHOCK!). It was the project I refered to early as THE SUPER SECRET PROJECT (ironically named now LOL) The maze will be located on the Universal Backlot..."
  • "...it also will be the maze this year to feature the HHN TWITTER NIGHTLY PASSWORD... Each night of the event I will tweet a password for FDTD, if you give the password to The Gecko Brothers...you might get something in return."

Maze description and details:

• "After a botched bank heist in Texas leaves a trail of dead bodies, career criminals THE GECKO BROTHERS make a break for the Mexican border. The Gecko Borothers plan to rendevous with brutal crime lord CARLOS MADRIGAL at his nightclub THE TWISTER. But when the Gecko Brothers cross the border and rendezvous with Carlos at his nightclub…things go from bad to worse! Step inside THE TWISTER, an exotic nightclub that conceals a terrifying secret. The star attraction is dancer SANTANICO PANDEMONIUM. What the Gecko Brothers don’t know is that Santanico, Carlos and the shady denizens of the nightclub are actually CULEBRAS-- snake-like vampires that have existed for centuries, & the club sits on top of an ancient temple containing a labyrinth of horrors! You’ll find The Twister at the place where the dead roads meet. It’s open…FROM DUSK TILL DAWN!"
  • "SETH & RICHIE GECKO will be featured in the maze, right before you go inside THE TWISTER. These are speaking roles, need ACTORS to play them."
  • "You will also encounter THE DOORMAN before you enter THE TWISTER, another speaking role...3 actors outside the maze before you ever go in!"
  • "And of course once you enter THE TWISTER, you will encounter the enchanting SANTANICO PANDEMONIUM doing her snake dance! DANCERS! I need you."
  • "In the past few years, we've featured mazes on mythical characters like La Llorona and El Cucuy...this year FDTD fills that slot... I think Robert's take on MesoAmerican mythology in FDTD is amazing, the Culebras, The Baki, The Chanan...all will be featured in the maze."

First off the Gekko Bro's are the prize givers this year!!! OMFG so badass!!!!

So we are kinda censored for the description (Calling it just the Twister and the doorman is obviously Chet Pussy unless the show changed it) I wonder if it will be in person

• Like 1

Too long for a tagline?

Um....

From Dusk Till Dawn

is approximately around these without a tagline/subtitle, but they got one anyway:

The Walking Dead

A Nightmare on Elm Street

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

And these are a few that are already pretty long

Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses in 3D Zombievision

Halloween: The Life and Crimes of Michael Myers

Alice Cooper: Welcome to My Nightmare

Eli Roth's Hostel: Hunting Season

La Llorona: Village of the Damned

American Werewolf in London (used at HHNO already)

Unless the maze is called

Robert Rodriguez's From Dusk 'Till Dawn.

Than yeah, that's kinda long.

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 1

First off the Gekko Bro's are the prize givers this year!!! OMFG so badass!!!!

So we are kinda censored for the description (Calling it just the Twister and the doorman is obviously Chet Pussy unless the show changed it) I wonder if it will be in person

I'm so giddy thinking of the Gecko Brothers giving out the prizes, hahah. I missed the prizes last year, but NOT THIS YEAR. :chainsaw:

I feel like "no tagline, it's too long" is a nice way of saying "I'd get fired for calling it 'From Dusk 'Till Dawn: Welcome to the Titty Twister'." lol

• Like 2

How about we just get rid of the first name... and just have a maze called Welcome to the Titty Twister :-D

LMAO I can dig it! I don't know... I feel like I probably shouldn't be so attached to the name as a woman myself, but it's just... just so charming. :')

I don't think it'll be censored at the actual park, because it's probably just for marketing and advertising FCC stuff that they have to refer to it as just "the Twister". I'll be kind of sad if they do censor it at the event itself though. Kind of like how I kept screaming last year "JUST SAY 'NECRONOMICON', NOT 'BOOK OF THE DEAD'". I'll still probably love it, but MY PET PEEVE THO.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time that the prize givers have been somebody who has done first hand harm. I know the Hostel girls are the ones who lead you to the death trap so they are active in the horror, but with the Gecko brothers up front this is going to be interesting to see how they play the role. I imagine they will be undercover but I hope Seth Gecko lets his unstable side slip from time to time.

how would they know it's all in his head! lol

I'm imagining a lot of blank staring. And sudden outbursts, hahah. That said, I'm down for being harassed. 6afdbe244a2f9d0741a1d4b6c28b8609_w48_h48

Also, just for the complete experience and record, the promo pic:

7AGLTnH.jpg

I would post the video, but I'm silly and can't figure out how... How embarrassing.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time that the prize givers have been somebody who has done first hand harm. I know the Hostel girls are the ones who lead you to the death trap so they are active in the horror, but with the Gecko brothers up front this is going to be interesting to see how they play the role. I imagine they will be undercover but I hope Seth Gecko lets his unstable side slip from time to time.

How funny would it be if the "Prize" is you get chet pussy'ed. you tell them the password and Seth punch you and when you're on the floor Richie kick's you several times "Hey....how you doing!?....Great!"

was about to say that!

• Like 1