HHN 2014: From Dusk 'Till Dawn

Freak

On one hand, I'm excited for the maze itself. I think it could have some cool monsters and environments. It won't be necessarily scary as hell, but it'll be the designated "just for fun" maze.

On the other hand, I'm disappointed in a historical aspect of when this maze is coming. Within this year's line up, it's not what I imagined. After being told two TV shows aren't allowed in the same line up, but then THIS is what breaks that rule? And with us still potentially getting Dracula, having two vampires mazes, THIS is what breaks the rule of variety?

Oh well, I look forward to putting it as my "fourth favorite" maze of the night in my review, where it'll inevitably end up.

• Like 1

Of all of the years I've been speculating about the event, this is, by far, the strangest choice for a property. None of the feedback I've read so far on Facebook or any other site is ecstatic about this. Assuming this is going in the Mummy, I honestly would've preferred CiTW over this.

By the way, if Murdy announces that this is the maze going in the JP queue, I set my computer on fire, throw it out the window, and quit on Horror Nights. Nobody better touch my precious AWiL!

• Like 2

Of all of the years I've been speculating about the event, this is, by far, the strangest choice for a property. None of the feedback I've read so far on Facebook or any other site is ecstatic about this. Assuming this is going in the Mummy, I honestly would've preferred CiTW over this.

By the way, if Murdy announces that this is the maze going in the JP queue, I set my computer on fire, throw it out the window, and quit on Horror Nights. Nobody better touch my precious AWiL!

I doubt it'll be in jP. The facade for this must be way bigger. But u never know HHN can surprise us out of no where haha

I'm telling y'all right now, this is Parisian Square.

"Appealing" is a carny word to it being a strip joint. That's what I speculated long ago. I'm guessing a tarp will just have to be taken off every night. Not a huge task, but oh well.

Edited by DTH316

I'm telling y'all right now, this is Parisian Square.

"Appealing" is a carny word to it being a strip joint. That's what I speculated long ago. I'm guessing a tarp will just have to be taken off every night. Not a huge task, but oh well.

If all the signs are true and this is in Persian, then what if we get The Conjuring in Mummy or 747.

May be a strange choice for this year, but FDTD should be no different than the chances HHN took with Alice Cooper, El Cucuy, My Bloody Valentine, etc. It appears it was a just an opportunity to collaborate with someone in the film industry, rather than mass awareness. That, and the expected product placement of the DVD/Bluray scheduled for release in September.

Walking Dead will bring the GP back....as a plus they will get to encounter what could be a great maze in FDTD (and other lesser known properties). Aaaand........Vampire/Snake Dancing Go-Go's!! Yahoooo!

• Like 2

For Pete's skake....JACK THE FREAKING CLOWN HAS MORE AWARENESS THAN THIS!!!!! Yet he'll write it off as "brand confusion" or only for Florida's sister park. It would've been far cheaper than buying the rights to this. I get the impression that Murdy's "rules" have turned into an excuse for not being creative or not wanting to do some really awesome properties. Hellraiser anyone?

• Like 1

Ok we all know that we're getting this to appeal the Latino community even though it is super low on awareness the name Robert Rodriguez is well known among us Latinos at the same or bigger level that the name Danny Trejo is. Count me in on this one though I'm super excited! I've been a fan of the original for a long time and the series is good. I feel like this is good for HHN's sake though as this might allow of us to use less popular properties we've all been wanting (TrT, RE, Hellraiser etc). Once more we are pushing to line over the limit this maze will be inappropriate, it will be wild and sexy and an amazing good time, well at least I hope. I also predict this will go in the Parisian as I said before the tarp would be a good idea or we could just start in the liquor. If this maze ends up being horrible I can at least hope for one thing of this...SEX MACHINE!!!!

• Like 4

On one hand, I'm excited for the maze itself. I think it could have some cool monsters and environments. It won't be necessarily scary as hell, but it'll be the designated "just for fun" maze.

On the other hand, I'm disappointed in a historical aspect of when this maze is coming. Within this year's line up, it's not what I imagined. After being told two TV shows aren't allowed in the same line up, but then THIS is what breaks that rule? And with us still potentially getting Dracula, having two vampires mazes, THIS is what breaks the rule of variety?

Oh well, I look forward to putting it as my "fourth favorite" maze of the night in my review, where it'll inevitably end up.

I could be wrong but I don't remember anyone but us saying he could not have 2 TV mazes in the same year.

As my username might give away I have always been a fan of RR and I'm excited for this and like Mr. HHN everyone's complaining but this could be the unsung hero maze that can open the doors for more low awareness properties.

To me it just seems people are butt hurt about AHS, not to be a dick that just vibe with every other post saying what the hell why not AHS.

• Like 1

Murdy specifically said the two TV shows thing because of competition. It was last year so idk if anyone wants to seek out those tweets. It was VERY CLEAR.

I would imagine the justification is Netflix originals don't compete with a weekly aired show. Since one can be watched at any time (like Evil Dead or Curse of Chucky on blu ray!) and one is on a schedule.

I was gonna say... I thought the series was only around overseas, so I don't see how it really competes with TWD. Besides that, I think few TV series can really compete with TWD in terms of GP familiarity and popularity. Even if you hate horror or don't care about it, you've likely still heard of zombies and also TWD.

Anyway, count me stoked! I'm a huge RR fan too (yes, I'm also Latina) and FDTD is one of my favorite films of his. Getting AHS would have been nice, since I really love that show too, buuuuut the fact that the creators were apparently so picky about what they wanted in the maze kind of left a bad taste in my mouth about bringing it to HHN.

Forgetting AHS, there's some other really great horror shows now that could've been done instead. Imagine if TRUE BLOOD came to HorrorNights? That would be HUGE to everyone. Salem, Penny Dreadful, Tales From The Crypt is still well known, Supernatural (someone here is a huge fan of it and did a fan treatment of it, I can't remember who), Grimm, Hemlock Grove... all these have higher awareness on IMDB than From Dusk Till Dawn for horror tv series... its NUMBER 97.

I guess it has the leg up for also being a cult classic. But it reminds me of Evil Dead. But unlike FDTD, Evil Dead remake was a huge hit.

Not complaining really, just stating the facts

• Like 2