HHN 2014: From Dusk 'Till Dawn

Freak

Forgetting AHS, there's some other really great horror shows now that could've been done instead. Imagine if TRUE BLOOD came to HorrorNights? That would be HUGE to everyone. Salem, Penny Dreadful, Tales From The Crypt is still well known, Supernatural (someone here is a huge fan of it and did a fan treatment of it, I can't remember who), Grimm, Hemlock Grove... all these have higher awareness on IMDB than From Dusk Till Dawn for horror tv series... its NUMBER 97.

I guess it has the leg up for also being a cult classic. But it reminds me of Evil Dead. But unlike FDTD, Evil Dead remake was a huge hit.

Not complaining really, just stating the facts

Give me a Penny Dreadful maze.. My God, what an awesome and original show...

• Like 1

Penny Dreadful would be a really amazing maze, but given that the direction they're taking with some characters hasn't been fully realized yet in the current storyline, I think I'm kind of glad it's not on the table. As of now, anyway. Next year, when we get to see the more horrific sides of certain characters, then I'd definitely be hoping for it.

Back on topic, what those other horror series lack is the strong Latin/Hispanic angle. It really seems to me that they're trying to fill that niche again with this choice. I'm obviously not complaining, but it's been a pretty consistent thing over the last few years, hasn't it?

• Like 1

Of all of the years I've been speculating about the event, this is, by far, the strangest choice for a property. None of the feedback I've read so far on Facebook or any other site is ecstatic about this. Assuming this is going in the Mummy, I honestly would've preferred CiTW over this.

By the way, if Murdy announces that this is the maze going in the JP queue, I set my computer on fire, throw it out the window, and quit on Horror Nights. Nobody better touch my precious AWiL!

image.png

seriously why is all the hate solely based on AHS not getting picked or it's awareness? Nobody but Ferox points out AWIL's awareness and everybody for the most part is Unicorn sh*ts and rainbows about it, but the minute another TV show gets picked over AHS everybody looses their minds. Has anyone step back and thought maybe Murdy never wanted to do AHS and he just didn't want to insult fans after the scream 4 Fiasco. I mean think about how much of a threat AHS to TWD really is.

PS everyone is gonna bitch about whatever maze is released if we have not already learned this in the past 8 years.

• Like 2

image.png

seriously why is all the hate solely based on AHS not getting picked or it's awareness? Nobody but Ferox points out AWIL's awareness and everybody for the most part is Unicorn sh*ts and rainbows about it, but the minute another TV show gets picked over AHS everybody looses their minds. Has anyone step back and thought maybe Murdy never wanted to do AHS and he just didn't want to insult fans after the scream 4 Fiasco. I mean think about how much of a threat AHS to TWD really is.

PS everyone is gonna bitch about whatever maze is released if we have not already learned this in the past 8 years.

I'm fine with it coming, Im actually excited. I just find it strange that its coming to Hollywood since he brings up awareness A LOT in his tweets. Im pretty sure Murdy has an interest in AHS as he had 4 tv shows on his short list. AHS is pretty much the second most popular horror tv show after TWD so it's bound to be on there. It was probably the creators giving them a hard time. They had the same issue with AWIL if I'm not mistaken which is why it hasnt been done up until recently.

Edited by Ridesandstuff
  • Like 3

And I would like to add, I don't think AWIL's awareness is a bad thing as a fan of a lot of low awareness movies. I think it will effect what most people who go to the event will think of it, but I am pretty stoked on AWIL. And FDTD. I wish they would have all low awareness mazes, but until Tombs of the Blind Dead gets a maze I'll be surprised but happy when better known lesser known IPs get the HHN treatment.

• Like 3

I'm fine with it coming, Im actually excited. I just find it strange that its coming to Hollywood since he brings up awareness A LOT in his tweets. Im pretty sure Murdy has an interest in AHS as he had 4 tv shows on his short list. AHS is pretty much the second most popular horror tv show after TWD so it's bound to be on there. It was probably the creators giving them a hard time. They had the same issue with AWIL if I'm not mistaken which is why it hasnt been done up until recently.

that I understand and is not "The Hate" as I'm calling it now. People are automatically assuming that cuz it has low awareness and that it's not AHS that it is gonna suck.

I am really curious about what the facade is going to look like, actually. My memory might be a little fuzzy, but I think this version is actually even kind of toned down from the original film's version of the Titty Twister.

fc03b9e251584703c7f2d8a8fee30178.jpg

Ancient tribal vampires, sure!

2c06157cf37a4d52cdf10da7be454490.jpg

e9177338739f4fa5cface9ca90370744.jpg

This will likely be a scene. I hope.

29d1f8f6a96f46dfc64919299afdc4e7.jpg

• Like 1

I hope this maze proves to everyone that ANYTHING Murdy says that sounds like an HHN "rule" should be taken with a grain of salt. Let's stop acting as if everything he says is written in stone because obviously things change.

Personally, I'm very much down for this maze. I know very little of the show but from the sneak peaks it looks pretty rad. Then again, I really don't need all my favorite movies and shows to be represented in the lineup to be happy with the event.

• Like 2

If this came in 2010 or 2011 or even 2012, I would've been stoked up front. But Murdy keeps spouting his mouth with these ridiculous rules so I'm inclined to believe him. If the rules have changed, SAY SO. Or if its never a rule to begin with, don't say anything. You know what us fans are thinking and its not like its spilling the beans exactly. There's just a bit of disappointment when speculation leads us to believe something completely different. If i wasn't a speculator, i'd probably just be a regular ol ecstatic HHN fan.

Basically what I'm saying is very stupid - the disappointment comes from someone misleading what our talk of the mazes might be. But we're HHN's biggest fans and if that's what we wanna talk about and with some bit of accuracy then let usssssss.

Imagine your favorite car is a Dodge Viper. You've just won a vehicle (you don't necessarily need one, but you figure you'll take it). The sweepstakes people won't say what the vehicle is but you keep mentioning you like Dodge Vipers and they continually tell you, "oh, you'll definitely like this, trust me." You finally get your prize and its actually a moped. That's what FDTD is... a moped when you were pretty sure all along that it'd be a Viper or something to the equivalent.

• Like 1

Basically what I'm saying is very stupid - the disappointment comes from someone misleading what our talk of the mazes might be. But we're HHN's biggest fans and if that's what we wanna talk about and with some bit of accuracy then let usssssss.

I do get where you're coming from and I don't blame you for being disappointed, really, but at the same time... it is a little bit of a misplaced sense of entitlement. What we do here is essentially a hobby; what Murdy does is his livelihood. If execs want him to keep things underwraps until they say so, then we should kind of be just a tiny bit grateful he even risks his paycheck putting out these hints for everyone to play around with in the first place.

Okay, that sounds a little dramatic, the whole "risking his paychek" thing, but I think you get it. I hope, anyway, and I'm so sorry if that doesn't make sense or seems unfair!

Murdy kinda says up front that he wants to mislead you. If you are misled that shouldn't be a shock or a disappointment.

Are we complaining that there's not enough lower awareness cult favorite IPs or that there is one? Make up your mind people. Don't go into the temple filled with snakes and sexy demon vampires moping around because you expected to not be surprised by somebody telling you "hey, here come surprises and I will trick you."

Edited by ferox
  • Like 1

I agree with Ferox when someone mentioned FDTD before everyone was on board now it happens and people are mad? We complain that lesser known properties don't make the cut and one does and we complain cuz a higher awareness property does not make the cut and IF that said property made the cut there still be the same complaint "They only trying to market it!" well duh they are trying to market it that's why they lend out rights to Universal...now I'm gonna enjoy Vampire strippers so you know if you got a problem A.) don't go to that maze or B.) Don't Go to HHN at all or better C.) just go and enjoy it.

• Like 1

This will be the maze I only go through once on the night I go. Not excited in the least especially since its based off the TV series and not the movie.

As long as we get at least two of these three: AWIL, CITW, or The Conjuring. I will be satisified with this years lineup.

Maybe because its not a scary property?

If The Descent was done, which is low awareness, I'm sure people would lose their shit.

FDTD is all fun and gore though. And people are actually rooting for TrT, although its in the same vein. I know some of us have mentioned FDTD from time to time on here (myself included), but if I were to assemble the ultimate lineup of things we haven't had yet, it wouldn't make the cut.

Basically FDTD is an early indicator (along with TWD already three-peat announcement) that this year won't be "the ultimate lineup."

I'm actually curious now to know just how many people here have actually seen the TV series and aren't just jumping the gun when they say "not scary".

I haven't watched it yet, but I plan to. In the meantime, the caps and gifs that I've seen of it really seem to have potential, more so than the movie.

• Like 1

Fear is largely a subjective thing and yeah, you never know! You might be surprised! I mean, most horror movies today don't scare or even startle me, but the results can be very different when it comes to live events. I obviously don't have nearly as much personal experience with HHN as most of you, so maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but I doubt it could be done so badly that it'd reach HoH levels of "not scary". lol

• Like 1