Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

Jack%20the%20clown.jpg

r3y4C9U.jpg

I guess it would be good to post a side-by-side just for comparison's sake.

Edit:

Just because "Louisiana" keeps getting mentioned, I actually found a connection here, potentially:

The "house of horrors" Jack was kept in was actually found in a Louisiana junk yard, as well, his supernatural killing sprees began in the area.

Edited by Dr. John Overwatch

I know it's probably false, but oh man I hope it's true....the wikipedia page on HHN has a house for this year and says it's...

Godzilla: San Francisco Under Siege (based on the 2014 reboot)

Again. Doubt it's true, BUT it would cause a freak out AND ties in to Japan.

Edited by shandrick

I know it's probably false, but oh man I hope it's true....the wikipedia page on HHN has a house for this year and says it's...

Godzilla: San Francisco Under Siege (based on the 2014 reboot)

Again. Doubt it's true, BUT it would cause a freak out AND ties in to Japan.

Probably a troll..and it's just really not possible

Probably a troll..and it's just really not possible

I agree, but the Japan clue COULD loosely tie-in

Godzilla (2014) was Legendary's last collab with WB and they are now partnered with...Universal.

Again. Probably false, but there are some albeit loose threads there.

I'm at the point now I think we may get a Jack show instead of RHPS this year, would tie in to the rumor that was started last December. Either way i'm definitely looking forward to this year's event.

Remember what Taylor Swift said, anyone can add *things* to Wikipedia.

Edited by SirOwenDisney

Even with the very talented crew at Orlando, there's no way any Godzilla (especially the 2014 Godzilla) could make sense in a live maze setting.

While I agree it would be perhaps their most challenging maze, it actually has been done before...by Legendary even.

At San Diego Comic Con last year, Legendary had the Godzilla Encounter which was a walkthrough experience not too dissimilar to how a Godzilla house could be done.

I know wikipedia is an unlikely source for truth, but I'm just saying that, in theory, a Godzilla house can be done on a smaller budget.

Edited by shandrick

I'm pretty sure it was just a simulator

Edit: yup

" What started as a casual exploration of Godzilla-themed exhibits across Japanese streets ended in commotion as lights flickered, thunder cracked, the floor shook, and Godzilla appeared in full form by way of projections outside a window.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2013/07/san-diego-comic-con-2013-day-4-disney-afternoon-ducktales-remastered-godzilla-encounter-draculas-crypt/

Edited by Ridesandstuff

Plus you have the fact that Godzilla is just one entity, meaning there really wouldn't be any scareactors. So conceptually it doesn't really work that well.

I could only see this being doable if we still had Kongfrontation and people willing to skin the animatronic of Kong and put Godzilla over it. But we don't have Kong and the process involved would probably be a bit too much.

Plus you have the fact that Godzilla is just one entity, meaning there really wouldn't be any scareactors. So conceptually it doesn't really work that well.

I could only see this being doable if we still had Kongfrontation and people willing to skin the animatronic of Kong and put Godzilla over it. But we don't have Kong and the process involved would probably be a bit too much.

When we walked through Kong in 01(?), we didn't see the animatronics.

That was so long ago, and I don't have the Vault to use for a memory jog anymore. But, yeah, I don't remember seeing any of the animatronics. I'm not sure how close you could get to an animatronic of that size without it losing some of the illusion.

I feel that any giant monsters (Godzilla, Cloverfield) would be difficult to translate to a house without projections.

ONLY on Horror Night Nightmares would people go on for about two pages on whether or not a Godzilla maze would work....and it was all started by a troll post on Wiki. I take it there's not much more speculation to be discussed?

I would think since we all agree the budget isn't there to do a ton of scares with Godzilla or MUTO, it becomes what is scary surrounding them

So it's more what happens in their wake: military, cars and buildings being destroyed, other emergency response

Have Godzilla be revealed at the end with projection of some kind.

Like Peoria said, it wouldn't be scary but neither was HAVOC: Derailed and its scareactors were all miltary.

This is really starting to soud like fox spirits

In most stories huli jing/kumiho/kitsune turn into beautiful women and end up marrying young naive men

Does anyone know what the background image is?

From my FB post:

Sean: "This looks like the Chinese game "Go!" - a game in which players use stones to surround their opponent and capture their stones to win. This game has been around for ages and is considered legendary."

Kathy: ""Archaeological evidence shows that the early game was played on a board with a 17×17 grid, but by the time the game had spread to Korea and Japan, in about the 5th and 7th centuries AD respectively, boards with a 19×19 grid had become standard"

If my preliminary count is correct, the lines left to right are indeed 17. Although top to bottom are 15?

But ancient, and Chinese, and demons? Where have we seen this recently?"

So, it's the game Go

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 1