Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

OK but the are multiple QR codes embedded in the last image. One goes the original hhn24 orlando teaser, On goes to the Face off SYFY website, and the other (two for some reason)link to the Murdy/Mekenzie interview from last year in Hollywood regarding the Frakenstien challenge.

OK but the are multiple QR codes embedded in the last image. One goes the original hhn24 orlando teaser, On goes to the Face off SYFY website, and the other (two for some reason)link to the Murdy/Mekenzie interview from last year in Hollywood regarding the Frakenstien challenge.

Maybe the clue is telling us something is facing off at hhn this year hence why this a house and not a scarezone or it something to do with faceoff

Edited by timbo8

What is the link for the original hhn 24 orlando teaser? I'm not sure I've seen it. As far as the Face Off stuff goes, I'm unsure. I'm pretty sure the beginning of the episode starts at Universal Studios House of Horrors. I've never been inside the place, so I'm not sure if there is anything AVP related inside. But the challenge was to recreate a classic monster (thier version of Frankenstein). Predators and Aliens are obviously classic. When you are directed to the face off website, you see the winner of season six in front of his creations. The final challenge was called Heavenly Bodies and the contestants had to create warring alien races.

And... as stated above, the name of the show is Face Off and in AVP the Aliens and Predators are doing just that.... facing off.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 1

Guys, the thing with the QR codes is faceoff. Not something else.

There's a lot of clues that originally pointed to faceoff in the first place that literally tank the theory of it relating to AVP.

Chances are, unless the "Castor and Pollux" thing is AVP, then we only get Alien... if we're incredibly lucky.

Edited by Dr. John Overwatch

Guys, the thing with the QR codes is faceoff. Not something else.

There's a lot of clues that originally pointed to faceoff in the first place that literally tank the theory of it relating to AVP.

Chances are, unless the "Castor and Pollux" thing is AVP, then we only get Alien... if we're incredibly lucky.

If this faceoff then why is there no hints of a scarezone like single clues did shouldn't have some of scarezone hint a least Edited by timbo8

What is the link for the original hhn 24 orlando teaser? I'm not sure I've seen it. As far as the Face Off stuff goes, I'm unsure. I'm pretty sure the beginning of the episode starts at Universal Studios House of Horrors. I've never been inside the place, so I'm not sure if there is anything AVP related inside. But the challenge was to recreate a classic monster (thier version of Frankenstein). Predators and Aliens are obviously classic. When you are directed to the face off website, you see the winner of season six in front of his creations. The final challenge was called Heavenly Bodies and the contestants had to create warring alien races.

And... as stated above, the name of the show is Face Off and in AVP the Aliens and Predators are doing just that.... facing off.

Face Off makes a lot of sense for this particular series of clues as it had a presence at HHN Hollywood last year, so there's no real reason why they wouldn't do something similar for Orlando this year.

Besides, as I understand it each clue (counting the multiple part clues as one clue) relates to a different street, show, or house and there already is a clue from CC that many have linked to Alien: Clue #2 (It is said luck favors the bold / but will your courage falter? / where pain flows like a river / will you succumb to its water). Without a major Alien/Predator movie coming out this year (and the additional marketing dollars it'd bring in to HHN), it doesn't make sense for Universal to use more than one street/show/house for that IP.

• Like 1

Face Off makes a lot of sense for this particular series of clues as it had a presence at HHN Hollywood last year, so there's no real reason why they wouldn't do something similar for Orlando this year.

Besides, as I understand it each clue (counting the multiple part clues as one clue) relates to a different street, show, or house and there already is a clue from CC that many have linked to Alien: Clue #2 (It is said luck favors the bold / but will your courage falter? / where pain flows like a river / will you succumb to its water). Without a major Alien/Predator movie coming out this year (and the additional marketing dollars it'd bring in to HHN), it doesn't make sense for Universal to use more than one street/show/house for that IP.

I guess you right on that

If this faceoff then why is there no hints of a scarezone like single clues did shouldn't have some of scarezone hint a least

Since we hadn't been looking for scarezone locations with previous clues, this didn't occur to me, but...

Give me a bit, and I can probably connect it to a SZ location.

As for the series of clues:

We've only had 3 clues that have contain parts.

Halloween, Face Off, and who am I.

I've got a theory as to why these clues contain parts. These are the only things that were not previously speculated.

Cassi dropping Halloween or Face Off or a possible theme in one clue would draw attention. The kind of attention Cassi doesn't want.

Since we hadn't been looking for scarezone locations with previous clues, this didn't occur to me, but...

Give me a bit, and I can probably connect it to a SZ location.

As for the series of clues:

We've only had 3 clues that have contain parts.

Halloween, Face Off, and who am I.

I've got a theory as to why these clues contain parts. These are the only things that were not previously speculated.

Cassi dropping Halloween or Face Off or a possible theme in one clue would draw attention. The kind of attention Cassi doesn't want.

Yeah make sense get the people looking the other way Edited by timbo8

Ok! I think I have a location link!

Cassi references constellations (stars) and there's the QR code that linked to Hollywood challenge.

Anywhere in USF that can link to stars and Hollywood?

Yes! Hollywood Blvd!

One more link! The creature is represented in the HMU lobby which is on Hollywood blvd!

Edited by mystiquephreeq

Cassi references constellations (stars) and there's the QR code that linked to Hollywood challenge.

Yes! Hollywood Blvd!

Okay makesense sorry my bad then look like alien is given I wonder what the challenge will be then hmm I wkep my of faceoff in july Edited by timbo8

I might be wrong on some of this stuff, so feel free to yell at me if I am, but I feel I have a few things that would probably go against AVP.

1). Predator is generally regarded as an action movie, especially the first one, more than a horror film.

(Don't quote me on this, I can't really poll numbers here, I can only ask people I know who have seen it :P)

2). Neither AVP films were regarded very well, the worst of their reception coming from the original fans. "Avp requiem" being received the worst, even by critical standards. With one reviewer saying that it was "an early contender for the worst film of 2008." Chances are, there's a reason there haven't been any other avp films since 2007.

3). The only reason Alien would happen at all is simply due to it being regarded as a classic franchise, and as a classic, it does not need another film coming out to justify its presence as say "The purge" does.

It can function simply on its own merits.

4). Alien still persists many other forms of media. A new game is coming out in October, which seems very similar to "Amnesia: The dark descent" which itself became fairly popular.

5). Alien IS getting new films, however not really under that name. "Prometheus" is the prequel series (sort of) to Alien and from what I gather there's probably a trilogy planned for that.

6). Alien would be easier to do architecturally speaking. Dark metal hallways are much easier to portray in an enclosed environment than a wide open environment like a jungle or a city would.

I'm going to call this "The doom effect."

Olzjfpz.png

aC8X7E0.png

Making tight enclosed spaces look more believable in a scenario where you only actually have enclosed spaces to work with is much easier than making the illusion of a wide open environment.

It isn't impossible to do, but is much more of a challenge. Nightingales proved it could be done by working within a certain environment, however utilizing "Predator" properly does not allow you the same creative luxury.

(The reason I call it the "doom effect" is simply because doom exists within a 2d space aligned in a certain way to give the illusion of a 3d environment, this was before the invention of "skyboxes" thus all environments are essentially just rooms).

I'm pretty sure most of AVP (the 1st movie) took place deep inside a pyramid that was found somewhere frozen like Antarctica. So it could work architecturally. (unless it is in a scare zone)

I think they are still producing a AVP comic books, or at the least, separate books (Alien + Predator).

Predator is considered action mainly because of Arnold I'd say. An alien running around slaughtering people isn't horror?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

I'm pretty sure most of AVP (the 1st movie) took place deep inside a pyramid that was found somewhere frozen like Antartica. So it could work architecturally. (unless it is in a scare zone)

I think they are still producing a AVP comic books, or at the least, separate books (Alien + Predator).

Predator is considered action mainly because of Arnold I'd say. An alien running around slaughtering people isn't horror?

AVP itself took place mostly in the temple, yes, however the Predator's most common habitat has been the jungle.

Predator took place in a jungle.

Predator 2 took place in a city.

Aliens versus predator took place in a temple.

Aliens versus predator: Requiem took place in a city (from what I remember)

Predators took place in the jungle.

So, out of those environments, the two that come up the most often are cities and jungles.

That isn't to say you're wrong on that, though. You have a point.

And I would say that one of the reasons Predator was regarded as an action WAS Arnold but that wasn't the only reason. There were many elements on the cinematic side that made it more of an action movie. More commonly, you'll see it referred to as an action film, sometimes as an "action horror" film, but very rarely is it referred to as simply a "horror film."

Much the same way, realizing you're living in a computer simulation and that you have been for every waking moment of your life and your every action is being monitored by unseen forces is a scary concept, but the Matrix wasn't regarded as a horror film.

I wasn't saying "an alien running around slaughtering people isn't horror" however, in recent history, Predators have been portrayed as "somewhat primal bad-asses" that can be reasoned with.

As an example: Predators only kill what they deem to be a potentially even match or something capable of killing it. Weyland in AVP had a heart problem and the Predator detected this and decided to walk onwards, looking for more prey. The Predator only killed Weyland because he then grabbed a gun and intended to shoot him. It would be fairly logical to assume then that a great way to not get killed would be to put your hands up and unload any weapons you might be carrying. The only instance I can remember where Predators have diverged from this behavior is the "Half-bloods" from "Predators."

You can still portray them as scary, and they are to some people, but popular media hasn't exactly done very well when it comes to portraying Predator as a horror franchise first.

Yes! Hollywood Blvd!

One more link! The creature is represented in the HMU lobby which is on Hollywood blvd!

Dr jimmy star song have a link to it the mention facing off like face off and russal crow who sang the song is a star on hollywood

Hence holkywood blvd

I discovered something kinda funny while trying to tie Sleepy Hollow to Cassi clue #7. I was at the sleepy hollow wiki page and it mentioned the 2 Mills sisters 1st stumbled upon the demon when they were younger while skipping school and drinking beer. For half a sec, I thought maybe they were two foxes sneaking out of school to tap back a few before meeting the devil (Moloch). Unfortunately, I'm 98% sure the wiki info is bogus. There was no beer in the actual show that I remember.

I discovered something kinda funny while trying to tie Sleepy Hollow to Cassi clue #7. I was at the sleepy hollow wiki page and it mentioned the 2 Mills sisters 1st stumbled upon the demon when they were younger while skipping school and drinking beer. For half a sec, I thought maybe they were two foxes sneaking out of school to tap back a few before meeting the devil (Moloch). Unfortunately, I'm 98% sure the wiki info is bogus. There was no beer in the actual show that I remember.

Nope, that's the actual story from the show. They were drinking.
  • Like 1

Even though the AVP films were never well received, the comics almost always have been.

Dark Horse comics is relaunching Alien, Predator, and Prometheus later this summer

Just something to consider, but I agree that Alien is the more clear horror property.

Nevermind I read the description wrong it said team sprits not teen sprits so the clue is hinting to voodoo scarezone in centual park

Was anyone thinking they weren't?

No I though we going to a clue video for it Edited by timbo8

Dr. Jimmy's cryptic performance #10 was performed in the Broadway musical Damn Yankees (1958).

See here...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry8CpIg2fvU&feature=kp

From what I read, it is a modern retelling of the Faust legend.

For those who want to read up on Faust see this...

http://www.faust.com/

I guess this ties in with Cassi clue #9.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR