Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

Doom would be interesting spec, I actually discussed a potential Doom house in an earlier video this year I think in January. I think this new clue has a lot of directions in which we can take it. I think we must wait for our next parts(like with the first clue) so we can find out more pieces of the puzzle.

With the New Orleans song, could True Blood be an option? I know it didn't take place in NO proper, but close enough. And it's the last season. Not sure how it would be as a house....unless we got a whole bunch of naked people in it. I like naked people, lol.

I'm getting a Doom vibe here. The two brothers potentially being Deimos and Phobos, the moons orbiting Mars. Those moons holding the two UAC bases visited by the player (although doom 3 took place largely on Mars itself). However, I've found nothing about Phobos and Deimos being "diametrically opposed" as Deimos represented fear/panic and Phobos represented terror/dread which are very similar feelings. They were also born of Ares, the god of war himself and as well, go into battle with him.

However, in terms of the moons themselves, Phobos is faster, while Deimos is slower and they both rotate around Mars in opposite directions.

Science nerd technicality warning: The two moons don't orbit Mars in opposite directions, but Phobos orbits faster than Mars itself rotates, making it look like Phobos is orbiting in the opposite direction of Deimos if one were on the surface of Mars. Phobos rises in the west and sets in the east, while Deimos rises in east and sets in the west. So technicalities aside, the reversed rising and setting directions could very well be the answer to the "diametrically opposed" hint.

Edited by 12monkeys
  • Like 1

Something no one has mentioned about Clue 6 Part 1, the constellation in the background is Gemini, twin brothers Castor and Pollux. They could be viewed as diametrically opposed as one of them was Immortal while the other was mortal. When the mortal (Castor) died, Pollux was so distraught that he went to his father Zeus to be reunited with his brother. Zeus was so moved that he granted him his wish, and now they spend all of eternity together, half of that in the underworld and the other half in the heavens as the constellation Gemini (once again a diametrically opposed theme).

Additional trivia that might relate, they are regarded as the patrons of sailors and appeared to them as St. Elmo's fire. Also they were patrons of athletes and were known as boxers and horsemen. They were Spartans, and they are the brothers of the twin sisters Clytemnestra and Helen of Troy.

• Like 1

Clue 6 pt 2

10x91c2.jpg

I'll post more as I do more research, but this SEEMS to refer to the Iliad, the high-hearted son is referring to Diomedes. The constellation is Sagittarius.

Perhaps this is what points to Predator? Sagittarius is generally a sign of a hunter.

Doing more looking into this, though.

Although, the two other things I'm thinking about:

Nightingales (although it taking place in this time period would be kinda meh, but whatever).

Hades 2.

Edited by Dr. John Overwatch

so... if "Lokians" do not exist then they are not important but what they are is... archers. Sagittarius is also an archer. In Troy? Castor and Pollux also fought in the Trojan war. Are their important archers who fought in the Trojan war?

I tried to "Kevin Bacon" this & used a Gemini & Sagittarius famous couple(Brad & Angelina) to connect me to Troy which he starred in. The connection to Castor & Pollux is to the movie Face/Off which is also a makeup show on SyFy. They have an episode called Cosmic Conspiracy where they have to literally create aliens. Creating the ultimate prey for Aliens to hunt.

Alien VS. Predator, fits the epicness of the event & connects the hockey face off & chess game tumblr photos. Also explains why we were all off on our spec, its not just one. It's both & we're stuck in the middle of the war.

I tried to "Kevin Bacon" this & used a Gemini & Sagittarius famous couple(Brad & Angelina) to connect me to Troy which he starred in. The connection to Castor & Pollux is to the movie Face/Off which is also a makeup show on SyFy. They have an episode called Cosmic Conspiracy where they have to literally create aliens. Creating the ultimate prey for Aliens to hunt.

Alien VS. Predator, fits the epicness of the event & connects the hockey face off & chess game tumblr photos. Also explains why we were all off on our spec, its not just one. It's both & we're stuck in the middle of the war.

If you're right, then I suppose you could connect the creatures being "diametrically opposed" to the way they operate. The Xenomorphs having little to no technological reliance and the Predators (other than their own physical strength) being almost entirely reliant on it. As well, their methods of killing and hunting also differ.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philoctetes

This guy... Maybe?

He seems to have a lot of connections to things, although I don't know how many are actually relevant and I can't effectively analyze this as I'm going to sleep now.

Edit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Homeric_characters

Here's a list of pretty much every character in the Iliad. Maybe there's something in here.

Edited by Dr. John Overwatch

Oh wow Giger died last night. Thats sucks.

I can no longer spec on the clue because I realized I know the answer already and that is not fair.

As for this new little "non-clue" tidbit. This piqued my interest.

Sound familiar?

I know who you are. You are the autumn people. Where do you come from? The dust. Where do you go to? The grave.

Yes. We are the hungry ones. Your torments call us like dogs in the night. And we do feed, and feed well.

To stuff yourselves on other people's nightmares.

And butter our plain bread with delicious pain. So, you do understand a little.

You are known in this town. My father knew you.

Your father? The preacher? That half-man?

He lived on goodness.

Tasteless fare. Funerals, bad marriages, lost loves, lonely beds. That is our diet. We suck that misery and find it sweet. We search for more always. We can smell young boys ulcerating to be men a thousand miles off. And hear a middle-aged fool like yourself groaning with midnight despairs from halfway around the world.

We are dealing with a dust witch here.

• Like 1

From Cassilda. This did not have a clue number or part.

3485279.jpg

I am literally just finishing up rereading "Something Wicked This Way Comes" and the clue immediately made me think of the Dust Witch and The Autumn People. Given that the setting is a dark carnival, this could be an amazing house if they try it. Also, given my username, I would be very excited to see this at the event.

Edited by Cooger and Dark
  • Like 1

I'm at work but I was able to put it into sumo paint, invert and adjust the levels.

2drue8l.jpg

So my question now becomes. Is this sanctioned? Or is this a rogue individual?

Sadly, this is already better than last years Evil Takes Root bit.

But are we going to see her at the event in some capacity or is this just another Emeric who has no solid tie to the event? Because I think that would sadden me a little. I love Ray Bradbury and Something Wicked This Way Comes. It fits too. Jack and a dark carnival full of autumn people. Perhaps he has his own muse like dark did?

• Like 1

there also a charlie in the the movie or charles which conncets to dr jimmy charlie pictures on tumblur so we could be having a circs themed this year but a more evil one this time cool

Edited by timbo8