Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

The ankh is a symbol that represents eternal life and is alternately named "the key of life."

I've usually seen it associated in vampire fiction with older vampires, and a heavily modified one appears in "Vampire: the masquerade" and is probably one of the more famous instances of it's use with the genre. Not saying that we're getting it as an IP, though. Perhaps Nosferatu? Don't know, but vampires.

Septagrams, from what I have read, represent synthesis and the seven planetary spheres of astrology.

You can read more here, astrology isn't really my bag, so...

http://www.byzant.com/mystical/symbols/Septagram.aspx

There also appear to be seven symbols in between the points, but I'm having trouble making them out, and they all look very similar.

By the way, the other symbol I found in the other image was apparently an octagram.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octagram

Seems to have some sort of usage in stuff, but... I dunno.

Here's some more information on it:

http://altreligion.about.com/od/symbols/p/Octagrams-Eight-Pointed-Stars.htm

Have fun.

Edited by Dr. John Overwatch

The ankh is a symbol that represents eternal life and is alternately named "the key of life."

I've usually seen it associated in vampire fiction with older vampires, and a heavily modified one appears in "Vampire: the masquerade" and is probably one of the more famous instances of it's use with the genre. Not saying that we're getting it as an IP, though. Perhaps Nosferatu? Don't know, but vampires.

Septagrams, from what I have read, represent synthesis and the seven planetary spheres of astrology.

You can read more here, astrology isn't really my bag, so...

http://www.byzant.com/mystical/symbols/Septagram.aspx

There also appear to be seven symbols in between the points, but I'm having trouble making them out, and they all look very similar.

By the way, the other symbol I found in the other image was apparently an octagram.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octagram

Seems to have some sort of usage in stuff, but... I dunno.

Here's some more information on it:

http://altreligion.about.com/od/symbols/p/Octagrams-Eight-Pointed-Stars.htm

Have fun.

the seven symbols look like a symbol of a clan or something like the seven clans in vampire the masquade bloodlines game

I'm fairly convinced Cassi clue #12 is tied to the return of Nightingales. They were creatures similar to banshees that fed on the weak and dying all throughout history (World War 1 - HHN 21- Nightingales Blood Prey). They have been around basically forever and can change shape to fit their surroundings in order to hunt their prey. I believe the words in the clue describe a creature similar to this. The ankh which is a symbol for life/eternal life sitting in the background could be a reference to them living forever. Also you have what looks like an inverted fairy star present as well. In legend, banshees are actually referred to as a type of fairy. So that easily could tie as well. But if that wasn't enough, if you look real close at the circular symbols in between the points of the star, what do you see? There is a bird sitting in at least 5 of them. I'm guessing that the bird is in all of them, but the 1 up top and the 1 on the right are too fuzzed out to say 100%. Although the image is a little difficult to make out, the bird even resembles a nightingale.

HHN UK said it 1st, I just added a little fuel to the fire.

And I've been pouring over everything I know, and I'm fairly certain that

Altar = Alien

Since Mike has referred to both codes as "new," it may be preemptive to believe Altar was a sudden change. It could have likely been a planned code name all along.

this is what it actually looks like

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1059897331&postcount=28

and no nightingales are banshees type creatures not fairy type creatures

The bean sidhe (pronounced ban shee, English spelling banshee) are Aos si, or members of the Fair Folk/Good Neighbors. Banshees are faeries.

But...

Bean sidhe are not vampiric. While I see a small similarity between the Nightingales and the bean sidhe, it's entirely superficial. They share the fact that they are female and both had a "cry". Bean sidhe don't feed on their "victims". Technically, they don't have victims. Their cry/wail announces death . It does not cause death. The only association with blood that banshees have is through the washerwoman aspect. In those versions, they are the weeping washerwomen who are seen washing the blood from clothes/armor/shrouds. Even these versions do not kill. They announce death. Part of the Scottish mythos is that each clan has its own banshee.

As for Cassi clue 12, it may be due to my current reread, but the text reminded me of the Strigoi from the Vampire Academy series.

Strigoi. Strengoit. See a similarity? Goth Wackee actually has a few books that she had "liked". The VA series is on of them.

Here's a wiki on Strigoi:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strigoi

They're an actual Romanian myth.

• Like 1

I know that this is all speculation and whatnot, but shouldn't we put these "clues" in a different section until we have it confirmed that these are legitimate?

Wel they have a for collection and summary.

But they seem to line up with the Doc's clues... more or less.

If you took them and/or the Doc's clues out there really would be nearly zip to speculate on.

Official info to specualate on is what? Two twitter posts?

And I've been pouring over everything I know, and I'm fairly certain that

Altar = Alien

Since Mike has referred to both codes as "new," it may be preemptive to believe Altar was a sudden change. It could have likely been a planned code name all along.

Mike says, "Codename: Altar. Late night info! Boom!"

The codename may be altar, but he did toss a boom at the end of it, so I'd say... AVP

http://www.scifimoviezone.com/imageavp/avptimeline006.jpg

and before you say anything... I know there were explosions in Alien and Aliens as well.

Either way, it's a win in my book.

Well... The creatures from Nightingales looked like banshees, and screamed like banshees. I agree, they may not have behaved like banshees since they fed on people, but who's to say for certain that they hadn't tapped into a darker power that called on them to do this. As far as I know, the house was an original. So... other than it's creator, who knows where the inspiration of it's creation came from. For all we know, he could have been using strigoi as a reference.

Also, it seemed to me that the star we are looking at was inverted. I reasoned that possibly there could be some significance. I tried to find some information in regards to this, but haven't come up with much so far.

And let us not forget all the birds sitting in those round symbols.

Generally speaking, most vampires are not fairies. I know, I know, there are some, but... generally they are not.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Is there an actual date set for when Universal Studios becomes Harry Potter's Studios? I've seen the advertisement that says summer 2014 and summer is right around the corner. Is it pretty much completed? I'm so tired of the construction. The fact that they destroyed the Jaws ride to build more Harry stuff really displeased me. I loved that ride!

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

So not having to use Diagon Alley, use the area next to the London Waterfront as the Mask A Raid sz.

Yep. It's a wide open area that would be perfect for this (and finally bring a zone back to the back of the park).

Well that creates another possible sz location that is needed, especially after the last few years of construction walls making it nearly impossible to move. Also leads to a potential AWIL or Jack The Ripper sz near the waterfront since technically its not in Diagon Alley ergo can be used for the event.

So wait, they get to vote if they want to have this, but we're potentially stuck with it?

I can't say I'm entirely disappointed since this means we could potentially have actual scarezones (but I'm not holding my breath) and this could be good (I'd rather have the "corps" idea, though) I just...

Am I the only one who thinks it's a little crappy for us to get this idea, that they have the ability to vote for or against, but we have no say in it?

I mean... I don't really care either way, but... Eh.

Seems like a weird idea.

There is no guarantee that we are getting the same Mask-A-Raid. It could be a coincidence.

However, I see no reason why we can't get a vote if Hollywood is. I'm pretty sure getting the fans more involved with HHN would probably help them sell more tickets, especially considering how little effort it would take to pull off. Seems like a no-brainer.

We didn't get to design a character last year... I wouldn't expect us to vote on a scarezone this year.

And yeah, Masquerade could be a coincidence. The only issue is that Cassi's clue talking about dancing and "without a heart" seems to perfectly nail the cannibal party-crashers. The use of the dated picture in the clue seems to match the time period as well.

We didn't get to design a character last year... I wouldn't expect us to vote on a scarezone this year.

And yeah, Masquerade could be a coincidence. The only issue is that Cassi's clue talking about dancing and "without a heart" seems to perfectly nail the cannibal party-crashers. The use of the dated picture in the clue seems to match the time period as well.

When I saw the concept art for this potential Hollywood zone, I immediately thought of Doctor Who The Girl in the Fireplace.

If Mike didn't have a small hand in this creation, I'd be surprised. And if we get a Masquarade that is just a coincidence, I can see it being very similar to this design.

Although, I think the clock work part of the Doctor Who episode would be more fun than cannibals.