Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

Sam does masquerade as a normal child dressed like a scarecrow so it completely fits.

Lyrics point directly to Insidious & the connection of Patrick Wilson being in the theatrical version of Phantom which Jimmy used for his performance is rather interesting as well. (Every face a different shade/Masquerade! /Look around, there's another mask behind you.)

There is always Orlando's elusive Halloween as a possibility(Seeing the man behind the mask.)

So as far as I see at least with the first cryptic performance, we're looking at possibilities of Insidious, Trick 'R Treat or Halloween

At least that's just my spec.

Edited by SirOwenDisney

Dr. Jimmy cryptic time!!!! Yay!

First, the Good Doctor chose lyrics from the movie version as stated above.

The line: "To a prosperous year. To all our friends that are here" is from the movie because of the change made to the chandleir scene.

The original version is: "To a prosperous year. To a new chandelier." The chandelier crashes down at the end of Act 1 in the theater performance.

It's an interesting choice. Many things can link it to Halloween.

But I find these quotes from the 2007 movie to be the best link.

Michael Myers - Child: Look at my mask.

Dr. Samuel Loomis: Oh, wow. Beautiful. Yeah. Why is it all black?

Michael Myers - Child: 'Cause it's one of my favorite colors.

Dr. Samuel Loomis: Well, actually, black isn't a color, is it? It's the absence of color. In the spectrum of colors, you go from black, which is no color, all the way through to white, which is every color. So, technically... not that it really matters - but black isn't a color.

Michael Myers - Child: I like the mask because it hides my face.

Deborah Myers: I don't like you to hide your face. Take it off.

Michael Myers - Child: It hides my ugliness.

Deborah Myers: Sweetie, don't say that. Take it off. You're not ugly. Don't talk like that.OK?... I miss you so much.

Edit: autocorrect hates me. I need to stop typing so fast and hoping it will help me.

Edited by mystiquephreeq

Makes me think of The Purge. A lot of times a purge is symbolically connected with flowing water, ie Travis Bickle's real rain speech in Taxi Driver. Also water can purge out your system...anyway that's my first thought.

Well finally decided to pop in since last year and boy have things picked up!! A Michael Myers house would be awesome. One of the best scares I ever got was in All Nite Die In at HHN13. If they could do a few scenes that well 11 years ago, I'm sure they could do a crazy good house this year!

• Like 1

To expound upon my earlier comment (now that I have a free moment):

Dr. Jimmy, Jeramy, Owen, Gina, and a few others have linked this clue to Alien.

Dr. Jimmy found an image of a xenomorph that looked similar to the image.

Jeramy discovered that the image is from "Three Studies for Figures at the Base of the Crucifixion" by Francis Bacon.

Jimmy posted information about how Ridley Scott asked Giger to use the above as a reference for the chestburster.

Gina found a detail of the above painting that appears to match the image before it was altered.

The Nostromo was named after a character in the book "A Tale of a Seaboard" by Joseph Conrad. The character was known for bravery.

Nostromo means shipmate or boatswain in Italian.

I'm working on the luck part.

EDIT:

I'm persistent.

From IMDB:

During the scene inside the APV preparing for battle, "El riesgo siempre vive!" can be seen scrawled in white across Vasquez's armor. Literally translated from Spanish this is: "Risk always lives!"; a variant of Cicero's famous quote "Luck favors the bold."

• Like 2

To expound upon my earlier comment (now that I have a free moment):

Dr. Jimmy, Jeramy, Owen, Gina, and a few others have linked this clue to Alien.

Dr. Jimmy found an image of a xenomorph that looked similar to the image.

Jeramy discovered that the image is from "Three Studies for Figures at the Base of the Crucifixion" by Francis Bacon.

Jimmy posted information about how Ridley Scott asked Giger to use the above as a reference for the chestburster.

Gina found a detail of the above painting that appears to match the image before it was altered.

The Nostromo was named after a character in the book "A Tale of a Seaboard" by Joseph Conrad. The character was known for bravery.

Nostromo means shipmate or boatswain in Italian.

I'm working on the luck part.

EDIT:

I'm persistent.

From IMDB:

During the scene inside the APV preparing for battle, "El riesgo siempre vive!" can be seen scrawled in white across Vasquez's armor. Literally translated from Spanish this is: "Risk always lives!"; a variant of Cicero's famous quote "Luck favors the bold."

Luck? Don't you remember the little song Ripley sang at the end of the film?

Songs can mean a lot you know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbOc2vOvOt8

• Like 2

"You're never fully dressed without a smile" was sung on Glee. The creator of Glee, Ryan Murphy, also created American Horror Story. Or the song makes me think of the Joker from Batman. Which could be a very awesome house sort of like Maximum Carnage.

Possibly Alien? The song is from Annie and alien starred Weaver whos screen debut should have been in Annie Hall and wasn’t as she got cut out aside from one small scene i think!?

Could be totally wrong but it does fit to Weaver's films and just trying to link current spec :)

Edited by Panok

One of the main orphans in Annie is named Pepper. Besides food, what do we think of when we hear "Pepper"? As haunt fans we should think of John Henry Pepper, the scientist who pioneered a certain parlor trick extremely popular in theme parks and used by stage Magicians in its early days. If I recall correctly, one of those mystical cat cards was "The Magician". An interesting connection, I think.

Edited by nikifury138