Halloween Horror Nights 2014 Wishful Thinking & Pre Speculation

They see what is popular and likely to work with a maze and then ask people what they want to see if that is what people want to see. Last year the fans wanted more TWD, Insidious, and Evil Dead so they followed up with the plans to make those mazes.

https://twitter.com/search?q=horrornights&src=typd&f=realtime

If you want to see what people are requesting, here's a link. Some laughable ones.

Edited by ferox

I don't want AWiL here in Hollywood for the simple fact on how much it took out of the budget in Orlando. I want it as good as Orlando's house but then how would that effect the rest of the event. John Landis wouldn't approve cheesy costumes or static wolfs so it would probably cost as much as Orlando's if it happened.

Edited by Zero56

I don't want AWiL here in Hollywood for the simple fact on how much it took out of the budget in Orlando. I want it as good as Orlando's house but then how would that effect the rest of the event. John Landis wouldn't approve cheesy costumes or static wolfs so it would probably cost as much as Orlando's if it happened.

They are probably going to keep Terror Tram the way it is and bring back Walking Dead. Scarezones won't be an issue as they're all resused props. They will save a lot of money right there.

And really? AWiL took a lot out of the budget for Orlando? It didn't feel like it when I went through everything. That's the way it should be over here. :)

Look at these awesome effects in this video for HHN Singapore. THIS is the kind of stuff HHN should be going for. The theme and effects you see here look quite innovative. I love the effects in there that make it feel like you are on a rollicking ship. Why can't Hollywood experiment a little bit like what Knott's has been doing with their effects? This also looks more detailed than anything I've seen Horror Nights do this year.

• Like 1

They are probably going to keep Terror Tram the way it is and bring back Walking Dead. Scarezones won't be an issue as they're all resused props. They will save a lot of money right there. And really? AWiL took a lot out of the budget for Orlando? It didn't feel like it when I went through everything. That's the way it should be over here. :)
It took a third of the overall budget. Well it's not like your used to a soundstage quality house, to be fair. But yes, Hollywood shouldn't feel as static as it did.

I'm sure if they pulled of the thing without it being over static, they can pull off AWIL without cheesy costumes plus Murdy has said he has it all worked out.

exactlly and with the stuff just 5 episodes have given us like The walker rain, vine walkers, the falling fence, and blood eye walkers

I'm sure if they pulled of the thing without it being over static, they can pull off AWIL without cheesy costumes plus Murdy has said he has it all worked out. True. But it's entirely up to Landis on how it turns out. AWiL was drastically different from what it was going to be thanks to Landis.

Look at these awesome effects in this video for HHN Singapore. THIS is the kind of stuff HHN should be going for. The theme and effects you see here look quite innovative. I love the effects in there that make it feel like you are on a rollicking ship. Why can't Hollywood experiment a little bit like what Knott's has been doing with their effects? This also looks more detailed than anything I've seen Horror Nights do this year.
That looks awesome! I took a peak at Singapore's event and it looks as if it was all original concepts. They even created 3 icons for the event and the themed food specials look really good. I may have to put this on my bucket list (although I don't know if I'd want to deal with Singapore humidity that time of the year). Sadly, I don't think we will ever see some of these effects at a HHN here. We're too litigious of a society. Knott's and the independent haunts can do it since they're not as big of targets (also Knott's upcharge maze and many independent haunts make you sign a waiver).

Same way as an actor. A puppet is really just a very restrictive costume if you think about it. Also there were a fair amount of non-puppet actors.

There were 5 puppets, with one of them "attacking" an actor who was controlling the puppet. And yes, those things will scare the shit out of you. They're VERY realistic and big and terrifying. They did more scaring than the non-puppet actors honestly.

• Like 1