Halloween Horror Nights 2014 Wishful Thinking & Pre Speculation

Gunna bring this up again (sorry lol) but has anyone else played dishonored? It's not horror but it's really gothic and gritty. The weepers, whalers and othe things from that game would be really cool to see as a maze.

As much as I love the idea of Dishonored being brought to life (i'm sure Bethesda would be all for it too) I don't think it would happen.

Well there's a rumor floating around that John Carpenter will direct the Dead Space movie and just to stir things up even more Fede Alvarez will be directing the Dante's Inferno movie.

That's a pretty good choice for Dead Space considering how excellent The Thing 1982 was.

Edited by UniversalStudiosGeek

I think they could use the Despicable Me area as a scarezone of its own. It is a Uni property, not like The Simpsons, so they could use it if they want.
It can't be used. Once you see the full facade finished you'll know what I mean. It's too family friendly and Universal wouldn't sacrifice their only family friendly ride for Halloween horror nights.

If we do get AHS I wonder if it will be based on Coven or a mix of the three. Coven might be a bit difficult since I'm sure Murdy wont touch any of the LaLaurie stuff in there. Otherwise the zombies will make a great scene. Madison popping out of the box in Saulding's doll room... hmmmmmm.

It can't be used. Once you see the full facade finished you'll know what I mean. It's too family friendly and Universal wouldn't sacrifice their only family friendly ride for Halloween horror nights.

Well, you could argue that Simpsons is technically also a family-friendly ride. But yeah, Despicable Me won't be "goreified" for HHN. Not even the area surrounding it.

They could also go for an orphanage themed scarezone to make up for that happy image on the wall, but it will probably stay the same.

Well, you could argue that Simpsons is technically also a family-friendly ride. But yeah, Despicable Me won't be "goreified" for HHN. Not even the area surrounding it. They could also go for an orphanage themed scarezone to make up for that happy image on the wall, but it will probably stay the same.
True but it is aimed at an older audience. If Springfield is finished by the time HHN rolls around would it be cool to have treehouse of horrors theming.

Fog, strobes, and scary as hell monsters. They do it on the lower lot without intruding the environment, they can do it for Despicable Me lol

It may be a sucky scarezone, but I tell ya, one of my biggest complaints about HHN is too many dead zones that don't feel like a Halloween event. Its completely out of the way, but if that little area was like "the circle of scares" (imagine if it was advertised as that) it'd probably get a lot of traffic.

Fog, strobes, and scary as hell monsters. They do it on the lower lot without intruding the environment, they can do it for Despicable Me lol It may be a sucky scarezone, but I tell ya, one of my biggest complaints about HHN is too many dead zones that don't feel like a Halloween event. Its completely out of the way, but if that little area was like "the circle of scares" (imagine if it was advertised as that) it'd probably get a lot of traffic.
Despicable me is going to have a giant glowing sign with minions around it. Not to mention the que line will go through the cookie cutter houses. So they literally can't add decorations because there is already despicable me theming to the facade.

I remember playing Dead Space for the first time and thinking how this is pretty much The Thing in space. Even if it doesn't become a maze, should be a good movie.

What If it turns out Deadspace is the prequal to the thing :o insert Keanu Reeves.

I could be wrong but is'nt there a scarezone around Orlando's DM? they don't have to utilize the ride itself most likely the scarezone will remain the same. maybe pushed a little more towards the Plaza.

Also MINIONS!!!!!!!......that is all!

I wonder if Universal could get the projection technology that Disney used for ElecTRONica and Ghost Galaxy. It could be a good way to dress up a building for HHN without affecting how it looks during the day.

As far as I remember there has never been a scarezone in front of the T2/DM building during HHN. Perhaps the USH safety team likes to keep some safe zones between scarezones. Once DM is complete I would guess, at least for the first HHN, they would just keep everything running as normal. The carnival games should be a moneymaker and the area could use a food/snack place.

Just curious: is there absolutely no chance that the area behind the DM building can have a maze again?