Halloween Horror Nights 2014 Wishful Thinking & Pre Speculation

If we do get AHS I wonder if it will be based on Coven or a mix of the three. Coven might be a bit difficult since I'm sure Murdy wont touch any of the LaLaurie stuff in there. Otherwise the zombies will make a great scene. Madison popping out of the box in Saulding's doll room... hmmmmmm.

you kind of have to have the LaLaurie stuff, can't be a coven maze without the Minotaur. I agree with those scenes. I'd also throw in the alligator scene and the voodoo ritual even though it didn't really happen lol.

Aiello really wants to do Dead Space. So Dishonored shouldn't be too far off. lol

I'd really love to see dead space too. It's a pretty popular game so I wouldn't put it past them.

Also, for those of you who haven't played dishonored.

http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/Weepers?file=Weepers.jpg#Modal

http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/Whalers?file=Acr.jpg#Modal

http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/Tallboys?file=Tallboy.jpg#Modal

http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/Vera_Moray?file=Granny_Rags_and_Slackjaw.jpg#Modal

Just a few things I think can be used

That makes me want to play Dishonored.

Anyway, Murdy confirmed that TrT 2 is coming in 2015 and that it is a matter of "when." Remember that in 2012 Sony wanted to Evil Dead at HHN, Murdy said "Uhh 2013 makes more sense" and then Sony went to Knotts who made it a log ride for whatever reason. So 2014 is unlikely to be the year of TrT...but it's not out quite yet.

• Like 1

Perhaps they'll strike a two year deal? (Unlikely, but this is wishful thinking here)

2014 based off the first movie, and to help awareness for part 2

2015 based off the second movie and maybe keeping the best parts from the first maze, and to help advertise part 2

I think it would be a good plan. However, I don't think they'll be cool enough to risk it.

That makes me want to play Dishonored.

Anyway, Murdy confirmed that TrT 2 is coming in 2015 and that it is a matter of "when." Remember that in 2012 Sony wanted to Evil Dead at HHN, Murdy said "Uhh 2013 makes more sense" and then Sony went to Knotts who made it a log ride for whatever reason. So 2014 is unlikely to be the year of TrT...but it's not out quite yet.

I'm actually glad this is the case. We've waited years for this and I want TrT to be worth the wait. After seeing Evil Dead and the statuc dummies in Insidious, I just don't trust Murdy's judgement for turning this property into a good maze. It NEEDS a backlot it sound stage venue. I fear he's going to shove this into the crammed Persian Square or Mummy venue and put leave the bigger venues for more Walking Dead and another 3D house. I want TrT done RIGHT.

If its good enough and the second one has some really awesome scenes, then they can have it 2015 and 16.
  • Like 1

you kind of have to have the LaLaurie stuff, can't be a coven maze without the Minotaur. I agree with those scenes. I'd also throw in the alligator scene and the voodoo ritual even though it didn't really happen lol.

I could see the Minotaur. But just since LaLaurie was a real person and all the really messed up racial/slavery baggage that comes with her even without her actually having committed those crimes. I could see like Bloodyface flying because he's Ed Gein inspired, just like Leatherface. But if Murder House was in the maze, I doubt the Black Daliah would be featured.

I wonder if Universal could get the projection technology that Disney used for ElecTRONica and Ghost Galaxy. It could be a good way to dress up a building for HHN without affecting how it looks during the day.

As far as I remember there has never been a scarezone in front of the T2/DM building during HHN. Perhaps the USH safety team likes to keep some safe zones between scarezones. Once DM is complete I would guess, at least for the first HHN, they would just keep everything running as normal. The carnival games should be a moneymaker and the area could use a food/snack place.

Just curious: is there absolutely no chance that the area behind the DM building can have a maze again?

it's a new ride will be extreamly populer they are not gonna disrupt it or it's daytime queue for a maze

As far as the projection I don't know why we never used it except maybe budget Orlando used it for Acid Assault and Japan used it for Resident Evil.

this sounds plausable.

I dont think he made bad judement I just think there was a lot that looked good on paper. It just did'nt flesh out well, It did in Walking Dead, and The water Mia started working twords the last week. I don't thin he would put it in persian square I mean it has a lot happening in it and some big scenes; Old Man Kreeg's House covered in Jack o Lanterns, The School Bus Massacre quarry, The Werewolf Oregy/Feast which would require puppets. I dont think anybody would be that dumb to put TrT into Persian Sqaure.

I wonder if Universal could get the projection technology that Disney used for ElecTRONica and Ghost Galaxy. It could be a good way to dress up a building for HHN without affecting how it looks during the day.

As far as I remember there has never been a scarezone in front of the T2/DM building during HHN. Perhaps the USH safety team likes to keep some safe zones between scarezones. Once DM is complete I would guess, at least for the first HHN, they would just keep everything running as normal. The carnival games should be a moneymaker and the area could use a food/snack place.

Just curious: is there absolutely no chance that the area behind the DM building can have a maze again?

No it can't. Where the guests accessed that back portion is now blocked off by a new structure. Not to mention there is a new que room built behind Gru's house(where the mazes were put). With the extented que to the right of it (next to Miss Hatties) that raps around the cookie cutter facades.

Edited by Zero56

I don't know where TRT should go, but I know that its too big for Persian Square and The Mummy, and I don't think its important enough to warrant a soundstage.

JP or NSH's old spot would be best.

The bus scene just needs a small lake, and a bus' back end cut off and pointed up. The scene doesn't need to be THAT big.

Its funny, there once was a time that I thought the Mummy was the best venue. Now I just want all the good properties to steer clear from it.

I don't know where TRT should go, but I know that its too big for Persian Square and The Mummy, and I don't think its important enough to warrant a soundstage. JP or NSH's old spot would be best. The bus scene just needs a small lake, and a bus' back end cut off and pointed up. The scene doesn't need to be THAT big. Its funny, there once was a time that I thought the Mummy was the best venue. Now I just want all the good properties to steer clear from it.
Mummy can be done right but not with properties with open space. I think Parisian Plaza is the worst venue. Too small, awkwardly placed and half is open to sky so light seeps through.

I don't know where TRT should go, but I know that its too big for Persian Square and The Mummy, and I don't think its important enough to warrant a soundstage.

JP or NSH's old spot would be best.

The bus scene just needs a small lake, and a bus' back end cut off and pointed up. The scene doesn't need to be THAT big.

Its funny, there once was a time that I thought the Mummy was the best venue. Now I just want all the good properties to steer clear from it.

I was thinking the bus scene could just have you in the bus. So all you would need is a long hallway and have the masked kids as the "which one will jump" scare.

747 is the best venue for most things, but does TrT really justify it? The fact that it's (likely) going to be at HHN at all is a lucky break. I mean, Insidious didn't even get a soundstage. Maaaybe if there's two soundstages in 2014? But this is wishful thinking.