Halloween Horror Nights 2014 Wishful Thinking & Pre Speculation

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?at=0&genres=horror&sort=moviemeter,asc&title_type=feature&year=2014,2014

10 movies? Here's a list of any of them that even began to stand out.

Sinister 2 (Murdy said it was due for 2014 release)
Paranormal Activity
Resident Evil 6
Devil's Due
Dracula Untold
Poltergeist
Rec 4
Jessable
Amityville Horror
The Town that Dreaded Sundown
Dead Snow 2
ABCs of Death 2

Now some of those seem more far fetched than others (to say the least) so maybe along with Sinister there are other movies due for release that aren't official?

Older movies...now technically that includes Cabin in the Woods. Of course AWIL and TrT are being thought of...but what other older movies are being thought of? Halloween? The Conjuring?

10 are 2014 films, 4 TV shows, 8 "older" films, 4 video games, 3 music artists

2014 films: Paranormal Acitivty, Resident Evil, Poltergeist, Sinister 2, The Purge 2, Dracula Untold/I, Frankenstein will will probably be in the HOH overlay (movies that I think will make the spot at HHN)

TV shows: TWD, AHS (Sleepy Hollow, SCREAM ? Hannibal? Bates Motel or the upcoming Exorcist show ?)

Games: Bioshock, Resdient Evil, Dead Space and Left 4 Dead/COD Zombies?

8 older films: Exorcist, Alien, Freddy vs. Jason, Halloween, CITW, AWIL, Trick R Treat, (Predator? Na only I want that)

Music Artists: Alice Cooper, Marilyn Manson and (Black Sabbath 2/KISS)

Eh, Hollywood never had much love for slashers anyway. Freddy and Jason had a nice run but the movies didn't get much love by the time the mid 80s come around and the sequels started to get lousy. Halloween suffered the same fate. Child's Play 1/2 did alright, but Child's Play 3 (1991) bombed pretty hard. 7 years later Chucky went dark comedy with Bride of Chucky and then in 2004 with Seed of Chucky. Scream did well, Scream 2 did well (1997) and nothing happened until 2000 with Scream 3 which was the end of the series until the lackluster return 11 years later. In that space there were lesser known slashers for sure, but none that really got critical or GP love that Chucky/Jason/Ghostface/Freddy got in their heyday.

But back to spec...no Cooper this year. Here's my thinking. Black Sabbath did better than Alice Cooper Goes to Hell. The goal is to be more successful than last year. Why would you go back to musician maze that has been proven to be less successful than other concepts?

But back to spec...no Cooper this year. Here's my thinking. Black Sabbath did better than Alice Cooper Goes to Hell. The goal is to be more successful than last year. Why would you go back to musician maze that has been proven to be less successful than other concepts?

that was my thinking on Alice I really think Black Sabbath did in the Trilogy.

Guys, they can't even get the BioShock movie produced, I highly doubt they'll even attempt a maze. I think that's one thing we can drop, even from a wishful thinking list.

Scream and Exorcist have some hope with their new TV shows, but who knows what direction they'll go - Bates Motel is a teen-drama instead of maze fodder, but it certainly has gotten a lot of high schoolers interested in Psycho. If Scream ever had another chance, this would be it. If the Exorcist rights holders wanted to be bold and try to conjure up some cross-awareness for their brand for the TV show, this would be the time.

I still think AWIL is a "not gonna happen."

CITW is a maybe, but I'm weary of its awareness going down since it'll have been 3 years after the movie. However it might be cost effective since they built a cabin for ED already, but I'm sure the rest of the sets/characters would still be expensive.

• Like 1

Guys, they can't even get the BioShock movie produced, I highly doubt they'll even attempt a maze. I think that's one thing we can drop, even from a wishful thinking list.

In some retrospects I agree. But Murdy has openly said he has considered doing Bioshock and Saws 'N Steam: Into the machine in Orlando is influenced by Bioshock. So no, i wouldn't say they can't do it but would they be willing to make a house that is faithful and represent or portray the franchise as great as possible? I mean they can cheap out and do a scarezone that has lights projecting water reflection onto the walls but 2k Games/Irrational wouldn't approve of such plans. I think it's possible if they put in the effort.

Edited by Zero56

Murdy posted on twitter he "misses" Michael... Hmmmmmm.

Michael actually has a really good chance of returning compared to the other slashers such as Freddy, Jason, Ghostface. Sadly, Scream will probably never be a maze since Murdy thinks its reputation of scariness was tarnished by Scary Movie. I wouldn't mind Michael returning as long as they do it right.

Edited by UniversalStudiosGeek

Murdy posted on twitter he "misses" Michael... Hmmmmmm.

Michael actually has a really good chance of returning compared to the other slashers such as Freddy, Jason, Ghostface. Sadly, Scream will probably never be a maze since Murdy thinks its reputation of scariness was tarnished by Scary Movie. I wouldn't mind Michael returning as long as they do it right.

The rights to Halloween are very hard to get now. Disney owns the rights to numerous of the original films. I believe The Weinstein Company still owns the Rob Zombie films.