Halloween Horror Nights 2014 Wishful Thinking & Pre Speculation

I could see Lilith getting her own. There's the whole owl motif which would make triggered sound scares pretty intense. Imagine a piercing screech along with the strobe. There's a rich enough collection that each demon getting his/her own room or two would work though. Leviathan's massive maw would make for a good show stopping animatronic.

Sulak could be...well...nevermind.

Pure wishful thinking of course.

He said it was the lowest of the bunch, but it still got good reviews. I don't really know what they'd use it though. They've pretty much ran out of Hispanic legends and idk what could be used as far as Asian legends go. The could always use Greek mythology, it's taught in most high schools. IDK if Egyptian mythology is as well known, but it would be amazing.

Edited by Ridesandstuff

I think most of el Cucuy's low ratings came from the venue, it was just to small and awkward, they need to get a new venue next year and ditch Persian square.

And seriously KISS????!! I think a lady gaga creature and freaks maze or whatever they call themselves would be more terrifying then that!

• Like 2

Okay guys your not thinking straight at all. Let's go back to why Murdy did La Llorona, it's because there is a large Hispanic population out here in the LA area. Ima assume that most of you on these forums are white, so when you said a lot of people who went through el Cucuy didn't understand it I have to disagree. Everyone I spoke to about the maze understood it. Whether it was a great maze thats a whole different question.

Now going back to why murdy did La Llorona and El Cucuy, is because it's easier to, you guessed it, "Market" here in the LA area.

Now let's say we get this Greek, Asian, or Egyptian Mythology maze you guys all want.

Ima have to assume that only those small percent of Greek people living out here will understand it and the even fewer people on these forums will as well.

And that is way it simply won't happen. I could be wrong but this is looking at it from a logical perspective.

Greek mythology is very well known all over the world. Everybody knows who Hades is, whether it's because of the myth or the Disney villain, and we had a house based on him in 2010 in Orlando and it featured Minotaurs, Medusas, and other greek mythology monsters and it was very well received (and awesome). You don't have to have the demographic surrounding the area for the maze to be successful. Llorona over here this year definitely wasn't the best house (nor highest rated), but it definitely wasn't the lowest rated and we don't have the mexican community LA has. People don't always have to understand it most go into mazes without knowing which one they're in line for.

• Like 3

Okay guys your not thinking straight at all. Let's go back to why Murdy did La Llorona, it's because there is a large Hispanic population out here in the LA area. Ima assume that most of you on these forums are white, so when you said a lot of people who went through el Cucuy didn't understand it I have to disagree. Everyone I spoke to about the maze understood it. Whether it was a great maze thats a whole different question.

Now going back to why murdy did La Llorona and El Cucuy, is because it's easier to, you guessed it, "Market" here in the LA area.

Now let's say we get this Greek, Asian, or Egyptian Mythology maze you guys all want.

Ima have to assume that only those small percent of Greek people living out here will understand it and the even fewer people on these forums will as well.

And that is way it simply won't happen. I could be wrong but this is looking at it from a logical perspective.

Which is why this is called wishful thinking instead of speculation. But as long as we're on the subject I can agree with egyptain mythology, but greek is very well known outside of the greek community. Most people are able to recognize who Medusa or the Minotaur are like Forever said. Edited by Ridesandstuff

Which is why this is called wishful thinking instead of speculation. But as long as we're on the subject I can agree with egyptain mythology, but greek is very well known outside of the greek community. Most people are able to recognize who Medusa or the Minotaur are like Forever said.

All my knowledge of mythological Gods comes from playing Smite...

Ima assume that most of you on these forums are white, so when you said a lot of people who went through el Cucuy didn't understand it I have to disagree.

We all know the rule about "assuming."

Ryse-Son-of-Rome-The-Legend-of-Damocles-

This is all i'd want to see as a replacement for these Mexican urban legend attractions.

Something that has really been bugging me: Is the El Cucuy location Persian Square or Parisian Square?

I think Asian mythology has not only the benefit of attracting local Asian-Americans, but would also attract Asian tourists. It is a very coveted demographic since they tend to spend a lot of money. They, along with Hispanics, are the two most coveted demographics in the Southern California market right now. The other major demographics that could be targeted would be African-American (Candyman is still very popular among African-Americans), Indian, or middle eastern (lots of interesting myths and legends to draw from India and the Middle East as well).

We should have a Gorillaz maze. Where they take us onto Plastic Beach and cyborg Noodles rise up and attack us. With manatees and plastic trees up on Melancholy Hill. :D

-High five to whoever fully understands-

(I only brought this up 'cause of the 'z' in Gorillaz)

Edited by Kurseddragon
  • Like 2

I'm not saying the maze won't be recognized and unable to bring people in, but it won't compare to La Llorona or El Cucuy. It would basically be an original concept, which we know how Murdy feels about those. He got away with La Llorana and El Cucuy because he was able to market it in this area, again Orlando is a whole different story because they actually enjoy original houses over there, which is why they can take more risks. I don't see murdy ever making a complete original house out of the blue with out some sort of marketing image to put on it.

• Like 1