Halloween Horror Nights 2014 Wishful Thinking & Pre Speculation

Well, I meant to say that, but my post wasn't organized well. I write on A.D.D.

I meant to say that Afterlife is not a high-quality 3D house, but Hollywood could do something like that and In-Between or even Dead Exposure to cut costs. It would rely heavily on visuals instead of spending a lot on sets.

Dead Exposure? I'm up for that but don't the majority of people on here already complain that the event is too static and has too many strobe lights? Idk I feel like they have already cut many corners, just look at the scarezones. So many random props in Chucky it didn't make sense.

I wonder why so much of the GP affiliates The Conjuring with Blumhouse. It's very odd.

Edited by Zero56

I kind of want to see a Parnormal Activiy maze, It sounds interesting. Would it really be that bland? 5 films and the spin off film to use for maze material. Having a camera in each room of the maze.

Also, I'm expecting to see a SAW maze comeback since the 8th film is being planned out already.

Edited by StraightEdge

I kind of want to see a Parnormal Activiy maze, It sounds interesting. Would it really be that bland? 5 films and the spin off film to use for maze material. Having a camera in each room of the maze.

Also, I'm expecting to see a SAW maze comeback since the 8th film is being planned out already.

Trust me me dont bark up that tree here...I been there

I think they will wait too makes more sense and would boost up "The Year Without Walking Dead" which is what we are officialy naming 2015, most likely we are gonna see something from Blum no doubt but as far as Insidious I would wait until Chapter 3 if I was Murdy.

Thennnnnn I guess we're gonna see Insidious for 3 years. Just doesn't seem right if they take a year off on a property in the same lineage of the franchise. Remake NOES and F13 made sense though.

How would you guys feel about Insidious' return next year with minimal changes and then an all new maze in '15?

Too much if we get UMR and WD back.

I think they will wait too makes more sense and would boost up "The Year Without Walking Dead" which is what we are officialy naming 2015, most likely we are gonna see something from Blum no doubt but as far as Insidious I would wait until Chapter 3 if I was Murdy.

We know that USH likes to plan way ahead, so I'll agree. 2015 is either going to go have no TWD or the draw is going to be worn down. Save a juggernaut IP like Insidious for then.

TWD might as well become the permanent attraction and be shoved into HoH as a new overlay for the soundstage :P

Ima guess that we'll be getting sinister in 2014 as the insidious replacement and if the sequel comes out next year even more of a reason to beleive so..

2015 seems more logical for insidious to return

• Like 1

I'm tellin y'all, they're gonna ride this Insidious and TWD train for as long as they can. Insidious, even as a repeat, is way more of a draw than Sinister. What can replace Insidious and/or Walking Dead in terms of popularity, awareness, and scare factor right now in the current horror film marketplace? The Conjuring, but if Insidious took 2 movies to make that a proper maze, it'd take Conjuring 1 or even 2 more films. Next up is Paranormal Activity, but that's hard to translate into a maze - I bet it would be a super big draw though. After that, or maybe even ahead of those films, would be to return to the old well and draw back out Myers, Voorhees, or Krueger.

The best thing they could possibly do is scrap TWD and replace it with Resident Evil (despite awareness, people just love zombies right now) and AHS, which is the second biggest thing in TV horror. But what would be the safety net if those 2 don't work as a draw (which they probably won't be)? Insidious.

• Like 1

Why would 2015 have no TWD?

If they were smart they would'nt bring it back in 2015.

What we gotta remember is that TWD is more time sensitive then we think, it's at it's peak right now almost every single store in the mall has TWD plastered in the windows, Video Games, Books, The Orginal Comis, Shirts, Collectables, Blankets ect it's hardto go shopping and not find anything TWD related or switch through TV and not see anything TWD. In our minds we see TWD as the big boy on the block getting in the way of other smaller properties, but truth in fact Walking Dead is gonna fade soon maybe in 2015 hell maybe 2016 or '17 somethings gonna come along and be The Hunger Games to WD Twlight intrest is just gonna fall. So from Uni and Murdy's stand point its best to milk this cow while it's fresh both TWD mazes have been awesome so not like we got two years of MBV, and luckly Insidious was on top as well but Inisidious has that luxury of being a movie property able to take a breather, there is no Insidious this year so Murdy would not miss out on anything, then new movie is release in spring '15 and boom Insidious will be as fresh as ever, and too be honest who even know where TWD will be by season 6.

If only it was not for that stupid "Studios not wanting to cross characters" thing well at least the bed kill was in Camp Blood.

No Safe Haven and Dead Inside got equal ratings, which makes them tied for the second best rated maze of all time. It did as well as the previous maze which was the best rated maze of all time, which also happened to be TWD. How long can that last? Not sure.

Maybe since a few people somehow think that TWD isn't actually a juggernaut draw they don't realize USH has to think about a time where it won't be a huge draw? If you assume that TWD isn't there for a really really good reason, the fact that the reason won't always be there isn't considered.

• Like 1

Thank you for proving my point!

Some of us need to take a look at it from Uni's stand point and how much of a stupid move it would be not to take as much while the getting's good also look at it this way is it was not for AMC we would not of been able to get the Metro Set or Soundstage like some of us has said before with all the usaul problems Murdy has had just trying to get the soundstage you think if TWD was absent we would of ended up with any of that? no. Honestly I'm 95% sure it was AMC who reserved the soundstage and Metro Set.

Thank you for proving my point!

Some of us need to take a look at it from Uni's stand point and how much of a stupid move it would be not to take as much while the getting's good also look at it this way is it was not for AMC we would not of been able to get the Metro Set or Soundstage like some of us has said before with all the usaul problems Murdy has had just trying to get the soundstage you think if TWD was absent we would of ended up with any of that? no. Honestly I'm 95% sure it was AMC who reserved the soundstage and Metro Set.

That's a good way to look at it. If it causes higher quality to all if the houses and allows more shows, then I'm all for the return if WD. The problem is that I'm afraid they will use it as a money grab and keep quality low.