Halloween Horror Nights 2014 Wishful Thinking & Pre Speculation

Something that has really been bugging me: Is the El Cucuy location Persian Square or Parisian Square?

I think Asian mythology has not only the benefit of attracting local Asian-Americans, but would also attract Asian tourists. It is a very coveted demographic since they tend to spend a lot of money. They, along with Hispanics, are the two most coveted demographics in the Southern California market right now. The other major demographics that could be targeted would be African-American (Candyman is still very popular among African-Americans), Indian, or middle eastern (lots of interesting myths and legends to draw from India and the Middle East as well).

Both are wrong. It's called Parisian plaza.

The Asylum negates your claim.

Edited by Zero56

The asylum was done pre hiatus? I could be wrong about that, but even if I am the event has picked up some steam and it's not gonna stop now to do an original house. And I don't think an Asian based house will pull in the amount of people a Hispanic based one did, not out here in LA. I mean if you guys are saying how so many people didn't understand El Cucuy which is essentially the Mexican boogyman, then an Asian based maze would be even less known!?

The Asylum was done the first year back from hiatus.

I think, from the marketing and accountants standpoint, what they look for is demographics as opposed to the creative perspective which is to just be enjoyable to the most people. That's why they try to have a diverse lineup even though they know that some themes might not appeal to everyone. Same reason Disney has all the traditional Xmas stuff but also dedicates a corner of California Adventure to Viva Navidad.

The asylum was done pre hiatus? I could be wrong about that, but even if I am the event has picked up some steam and it's not gonna stop now to do an original house. And I don't think an Asian based house will pull in the amount of people a Hispanic based one did, not out here in LA. I mean if you guys are saying how so many people didn't understand El Cucuy which is essentially the Mexican boogyman, then an Asian based maze would be even less known!?

It was very much done in Murdy's tenure as Creative Director(so was Vampyre Castle of the undead) . L.A doesn't do original idea based houses becuase Murdy's mission was always bringing the scariest horror icons to life(previously only Horror Movies); not that it wouldn't be popular with guests. If that were true Knott's would have never even reached their 40th anniversary last year.

Asian demo is pretty high in LA and the rest of CA, granted not as large as the Hispanic demographic but it's still rather large. I don't think anyone didn't get the maze, I mean both had some form of narration and El Cucuy's subtitle is literally the boogyman so you know what you're getting into.

Edited by Ridesandstuff
  • Like 1

Hmm well it was their first year back from a hiatus they didn't want to take many risks so an original house back them only seemed natural to a haunt, but let's face it, HHNH is a juggernaut out here in LA. And if they want to keep topping there performance every year there gonna make sure those five mazes are based on the most marketable things in horror, which is why we may get TWD back again :\

Asian demo is pretty high in LA and the rest of CA, granted not as large as the Hispanic demographic but it's still rather large. I don't think anyone didn't get the maze, I mean both had some form of narration and El Cucuy's subtitle is literally the boogyman so you know what you're getting into.

The GP as a whole (besides the Latino demographic) probably wouldn't care if a Mexican legend based house didn't return. I for one won't and hope as well that we got some Japanese urban legends or atleast follow Japan's footprints and use Sadako(The Ring) for our HHN event.

Edited by Zero56

Japan did The Ring this year. I don't think they ever done an original maze. Singapore, on the other hand, has only done original mazes.

Sadako? Yes, the Ring. Sad it wasn't a fleshed out house though. Instead they brought back Jason(sounds like another park I know). Singapore's Adrift looked pretty amazing. Loving what they are doing over there.

Okay again Orlando can do whatever they want cuz they are the king of haunts they can do any type of maze and people will love it because they are used to any type of maze, we aren't!?

Japan would not do a Latino based house because no one over there would understand it, which could be applied over here.

del_toro_sketchbook_hardcover_l.jpg

Hopefully on this coast. Hopefully it's one of the three Genre Personalities.

Okay again Orlando can do whatever they want cuz they are the king of haunts they can do any type of maze and people will love it because they are used to any type of maze, we aren't!?

Japan would not do a Latino based house because no one over there would understand it, which could be applied over here.

If that where true these Facebook groups wouldn't have rioted when they found out how many I.P's they were getting back in March. I wish you were right though, if A&D had sed power to do whatever they want, 2010 and 11 would have been way better. Who said Japan would do a Latino based house? I'm not seeing these posts, can someone link them?

Edited by Zero56

Japan wouldn't do a Hispanic house because it doesn't have much if a Hispanic demographic to begin with. California has the second largest asian american demographic falling under Hawaii an has the most Chinatowns as well as other similar areas (koreatowns, little Indias, etc) than any other state.

Guys, I think we should be talking about what really matters, how will Figure top "Are you afraid of the Dark" for Monsters Remix 3.0.

Was that being played at the entrance? I think i missed it. I honestly hope that they don't to 3.0 again...I mean it's HOH it's the same every year, you might as well change something up.