HHN Hollywood 2013 Event Discussion

I just noticed something. I figured the top price was $69. It made sense and fell in line with the prices from last year with inflation. But then I clicked Oct 19th and 26th... those days are $74! No discounts either! And its only those two days. I feel bad for the ppl that attend that weekend.

So in reality, all the other "undiscounted" Fridays and Saturdays at $69 are $5 off, while the days already claiming to be discounted are an extra $5 off from what is advertised.

Was the price always like that or did it bump up under our noses?

Either way - that is such a horrendous price. I love HHN but its hardly worth that, especially on a day like that where it'll be horribly crowded.

That's a terrible price, but it actually makes sense. Those nights are so busy, they're combatting it with higher prices. It's like how Disneyland went from $50 7 years ago, to $100 this year. Yes, it's not good for us, but if we were smart, we wouldn't be going those days in the first place. I just hope next year that price isn't the minimum....

That would be most excellent! *Guitar solo* That would put us up to six people in our group. Haven't made reservations yet though.

But as for HHN prices, $76 is a bit steep for those nights. That's not too terribly far from Orlando's $92.

It kinda seems like they did it to combat the over crowdedness sinc 3 weekends in the middle of october have no deals and some of the deals go down almost $40 which is realy good considering that the full price is $70 bucks.

• Like 1

They seem to want to disperse the sold out crowds over a period of time, which might mean they are working with less tickets per night. If Saturday night is going to sell out regardless, have some of the crowd that would rather to a Thursday or Sunday due to price sell out those nights.

I forgot about the "scarezone construction happens after Labor Day weekend" rule. I can't wait to seeee!

I wonder if the tram will roll through NY so we can get a peek of Dead on Arrival!

That will also be the day when the Flintstones area and Curious George will be under construction. I think Shrek might be under construction as well for its queue refurbishment. This will be interesting to see played out during the event.

Speaking of stuff we're not seeing, Jimmy confirms that AHS was going to happen in Orlando before it was replaced with Evil Dead. For shame, that could have been great.

This is what is confusing to me. I believe Murdy mention that it would be difficult to have two television presence in the park...especially when they are still active. He mention that movies are different as in they are not competing for the same ratings so when it came to it he def chose walking dead.

You know, I've noticed something. I think John is trying to make this year an extra-special surprise since we normally would have gotten a BHS tour of all of the houses already. Last year, we had right around this time BHS pics from the media of all the mazes but La Llorona and UMR. The only house we've gotten a behind-the-scenes look at so far was Evil Dead. Everything else is kept well under-wraps. I think there's a reason for this. It's good for me, because there are less temptations. I want to be surprised.

• Like 1

Uhhhh I'm sure more will roll out soon. Most of the mazes are barely half built at this point and I think that's the only reason why. Evil Dead is the only one close to looking near finished, which is usually what they wait for.

However, this is good news for Evil Dead. Being done first means it'll look the best and have a great amount of new details put in since there's more time to find errors, also more time to work out the kinks. This also means what we've seen so far will get spruced up way more than it already is, so more surprises are still to come from that one!

He said yesterday the first bts video will be the end of this week and it will be black sabbath..

I'm sure they won't be showing any photos of inside the house. That's what my point was. At most, I'd assume that they will show some character art that we've already seen and talk about all that Murdy already said.

Freak, you're living in a fantasy world lol

They're gonna give inside scoops of the mazes eventually

It might be tomorrow, it might be the night before the event

But i highly doubt that they just wouldn't

Its how they formulate press for the event

They can't just rely on Evil Dead.

Its gonna take some time; you're jumpin the gun with that assumption there