HHN Hollywood 2013 Event Discussion

If Thorpe park can make an entire house based off of The Blair Witch project I think Murdy would find a way for The Conjuring to work. (if that film were to happen... on this coast ;) ) Just look at this year's Insidious. It's based more on the Paranormal aspect aesthetically and in scare/effects.

Edited by Zero56

If Thorpe park can make an entire house based off of The Blair Witch project I think Murdy would find a way for The Conjuring to work. (if that film were to happen... on this coast ;) ) Just look at this year's Insidious. It's based more on the Paranormal aspect aesthetically and in scare/effects.

In my opinion, I don't see how Insidious is anymore maze worthy than The Conjuring. Insidious Chapter 2 may make it more maze worthy but I haven't seen it so I don't know.

We haven't seen it yet.

In my opinion, I don't see how Insidious is anymore maze worthy than The Conjuring. Insidious Chapter 2 may make it more maze worthy but I haven't seen it so I don't know.

Chapter 2 is less scary than its predecessor but in person it would be very scary... if that makes sense. But that's the point, if Insidious can be transformed into a live attraction The Conjuring can too.

You'd be surprised what Construction workers post on their Instagrams. But you get a decent idea of the first half of the maze from the video the HHN FB page posted.

Edited by Zero56

I feel like the reason we're (what I feel like) being cheated out of these other IP's is the marketing campaigns.. It's too much. I feel like it gave Hollywood tunnel vision making them HAVE to get something that's new specifically for marketing. I mean, in one way it's nice that we get all these "in the now" mazes, but I think I'd rather have more desired themes than things that are out now.

If it's a now or never situation, that's one thing, but if it's only because of marketing, that's another.

Hopefully one year we have an "oldies" year.

• Like 1

What really kills HHNH's ability to take some chances is the fact that there's five houses that matter. There's already one maze per year that people have such low expectations for that dubstep is the best thing that's happened to it. People, especially the "real fans," are already finicky that repeated themes and lesser known IPs

We wonder why they don't take more chances yet we complain endlessly about the chances they do take and judge things before we see them. This is true for the GP and some of the "true fans."

• Like 2

Sounds like a lot of things are coming in last minute. Idk how usual this is but i hope everything will be ready by Friday, including the in queue entertainment!

You know thats how I felt one year I went I went opening night and some stuff wasnt there from what I saw in videos weeks later after that I said to myself I dont want to go opening weekend the 2nd or in this years case 3rd weekend ... everything by then is dialed in and running smooth...