HHN Hollywood 2013 Event Discussion

So now that Orlando announced their RE house is based off the 2nd and 3rd games...is anyone still going to stand by the non-existant excuse that HW didn't get that or Cabin in the Woods due to..."variety"? Even with the blantant fact that one IP is being used for not one, but three major attractions?

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

Hmm, let's not forget his claims of Silent Hill tanking in ratings...

Also, if you go back and watch a lot of the media promotion for HHN 2012, when he talks about all the research He had to do for Silent Hill, (surfing the Wiki, listening to ALL the music from the games, discussing the games with various gamers, etc..) you can clearly tell that He felt like He was wasting his time.. Given the fact that RE in Orlando is based SOLELY on the games, you can pretty much guess He did not want to go through that again..

Edited by horror lover

So now that Orlando announced their RE house is based off the 2nd and 3rd games...is anyone still going to stand by the non-existant excuse that HW didn't get that or Cabin in the Woods due to..."variety"? Even with the blantant fact that one IP is being used for not one, but three major attractions?

Orlando has 8 maze venues, Hollywood has 5. I'm not happy about missing out on CITW either, but with five real mazes variety is a thing.

Edited by ferox

Hmm, let's not forget his claims of Silent Hill tanking in ratings...

Also, if you go back and watch a lot of the media promotion for HHN 2012, when he talks about all the research He had to do for Silent Hill, (surfing the Wiki, listening to ALL the music from the games, discussing the games with various gamers, etc..) you can clearly tell that He felt like He was wasting his time.. Given the fact that RE in Orlando is based SOLELY on the games, you can pretty much guess He did not want to go through that again..

Now I'm worried that if we do get it next year it might just be another Scream for Your Life.

• Like 1

Orlando has 8 maze venues, Hollywood has 5. I'm not happy about missing out on CITW either, but with five real mazes variety is a thing.

Yup, variety is key in an event like this. I mean, just imagine overloading on one theme. Imagine if we got a Walking Dead maze... And a Walking Dead Terror Tram... And a Walking Dead Scarezone... I mean, that would be crazy right?

Wait a second...

Lol. In all seriousness, I have to say as a whole I'm a little underwhelmed by this years line up. TWD maze should be good (last years was my fav of the event), and Evil Dead was a nice surprise... But everything else left me saying "Eh." Insidious could be good, but most of us already assumed it would make an appearance and I'm not jumping for joy. Black Sabbath... Really? With all the great horror movie properties out there they could have gone after, and they go the musician route again? Monsters Remix... Again... Yeah, NOT happy there.

And while The Walking Dead experience in the backlot could be awesome, the first thing that came to my mind is the possibility of HUGE traffic problems for guests back there.

I hope my fears are unfounded. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to make it to HHN this year to see for myself. I'm finally taking a trip I've wanted to do for years: 2 weeks in Salem MA in October. I've heard from all over its the best Halloween destination in the US!

Edited by Stitch_101

Yup, variety is key in an event like this. I mean, just imagine overloading on one theme. Imagine if we got a Walking Dead maze... And a Walking Dead Terror Tram... And a Walking Dead Scarezone... I mean, that would be crazy right?

Wait a second...

You know that scarezones and the terror tram aren't given the same importance that mazes are and you know that TWD is bigger than anything since the 80s. No need for dishonesty.

You know that scarezones and the terror tram aren't given the same importance that mazes are and you know that TWD is bigger than anything since the 80s. No need for dishonesty.

Dishonesty? How was I being dishonest? I ment that as a joke, not to be taken seriously. Hense following it up with "Lol. In all seriousness." I love TWD and have no problem with them using the property the way they are.

And I would disagree with the Terror Tram not given the same importance as the mazes. It's the one attraction that sets HHNH apart from others and is normal very well received by general guests (hard core fans, that's another matter). It's biggest problem though is that because it uses the film sets from the Backlot tour, they tend to be limited on what they can do with the sets. Well that and the crowding issues.

Edited by Stitch_101

Just a heads up boils and ghouls if you follow Inside Universal on twitter you can see the Universal Plaza walls are down and people can walk through it the shops not open yet but it looks amazing

twitter.com/insideuniversal

Edited by djevilclown
  • Like 1

Dishonesty? How was I being dishonest? I ment that as a joke, not to be taken seriously. Hense following it up with "Lol. In all seriousness." I love TWD and have no problem with them using the property the way they are.

And I would disagree with the Terror Tram not given the same importance as the mazes. It's the one attraction that sets HHNH apart from others and is normal very well received by general guests (hard core fans, that's another matter). It's biggest problem though is that because it uses the film sets from the Backlot tour, they tend to be limited on what they can do with the sets. Well that and the crowding issues.

Ah, I see that said in all honesty elsewhere and I think it's intellectually dishonest. Purposefully missing the point if the evidence contradicts your position. Sorry about that.

The theme of the TT is not as important as the fact that you get to walk through the backlot sets. It's certainly awesome that you get to walk on the original Psycho set (hallowed grounds for a horror fan) and the experience is cool overall, but the surrounding property doesn't effect the experience as much as the theme of a maze does.