Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

No way! I never knew that and appreciate it! And glad you gave him back.Ok so one of my favorite houses ever was the hollow! Highly based upon woods and Halloween. Could we see a possible return because the story line was amazing. Seriously my votes on a hollow 2 house

. Scarezone maybe instead of a house? (wishful thinking?)

More fun facts please. :-)

Hmmm... I'm trying to think of obscure ones.

I'm not sure of how many people are aware of this one:

Fun Fact - In 2011's "The In-Between," one section of the maze took place in a narrow hallway that, during the course of the event, had nothing happen. That was not the intent, however, as there were actually cargo nets above the guests that demons were cast to attack from. The demons weren't used, however, because the hallway was not constructed in a manner that could support the scareactors' weight.

• Like 4

From @Attractions twitter

The Rocky Horror Picture Show Tribute stage show is returning to Halloween Horror Nights this year.

Lame... ah well one less show i have to see. what a cop-out.

A tribute to a 38 year old movie/show where you can see a better and longer version of the same thing in practically any city in the country in any given month. I expected better.

• Like 1

More fun facts please. :-)

The Terra Queen was supposed to be the official icon of 2005 but marketing opted for The Story Teller.

A decent amount of the props seen in the Saw maze were actually donated to Universal Orlando by Lionsgate

In 2007 in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre there were initially many more chainsaws but were scaled back to electrical difficulties.

Opening night of Screamhouse: Resurrection had Caretaker minions asking guess if they had seen Cindy (Caine) but the reference was lost and later dropped.

ScareTales 3 was originally intended to be used in 2006.

As far as shows go, anything that eats the crowd is fine by me. I don't care if it's RHPS or not. I watched Penny once last year and it was fairly forgettable, but 2 shows and an actual lagoon show with showtimes could make a difference in crowds.

Edited by Jakemeister
  • Like 1

As far as shows go, anything that eats the crowd is fine by me. I don't care if it's RHPS or not. I watched Penny once last year and it was fairly forgettable, but 2 shows and an actual lagoon show with showtimes could make a difference in crowds.
Don'forget Transformers, i'm sure that will pull a healthy dose of crowds as well. Opening night of Screamhouse: Resurrection had Caretaker minions asking guess if they had seen Cindy (Caine) but the reference was lost and later dropped. ScareTales 3 was originally intended to be used in 2006. As far as shows go, anything that eats the crowd is fine by me. I don't care if it's RHPS or not. I watched Penny once last year and it was fairly forgettable, but 2 shows and an actual lagoon show with showtimes could make a difference in crowds.

YES!
That's a good one Legacy. Awesome intel :-)

Sorry for all the post mess guys, im having problems with my tablet.

• Like 1

Just remembered another fun one.

Fun Fact: The original Screamhouse (2002) featured an alternate path midway through the house known as the "Red Room." It was a simple room, with chains hanging from the walls and a single scareactor wearing one of THESE MASK. It occurred midway through the house (in the pitch black basement), and you could either turn left in the dark and avoid the room or straight to go through it, turning right as you exited to continue through the house. It lasted for two weekends before being blocked off completely. The reason? Guests would go through the room, turn left instead of right, and then go back through the room. Repeatedly. Some people spent upwards of twenty-five minutes in the house because they would get lost between the two rooms. This led to some serious issues when they started the congo-line system, as it would cause the entire house to stop. So they closed off the room completely and put Screamhouse's bondage master in the pitch back basement.

• Like 5

I have to agree. Repo would be so much more interesting.

Or something original.

I know it's a long shot, and even though I do love Repo I'd think Devil's Carnival would be awesome to see live- and would fit right in, and it's fairly easy to do. It's on the shorter side, as shows go and short vignettes like that are always fun to stage.

And it has a sequel coming out, so that could've been some publicity.

• Like 2

I know it's a long shot, and even though I do love Repo I'd think Devil's Carnival would be awesome to see live- and would fit right in, and it's fairly easy to do. It's on the shorter side, as shows go and short vignettes like that are always fun to stage.

And it has a sequel coming out, so that could've been some publicity.

Wait...hold on....a sequel to the devils carnival? When?

• Like 1

From @Attractions twitter

The Rocky Horror Picture Show Tribute stage show is returning to Halloween Horror Nights this year.

FINALLY!! :timewarp: :timewarp: :timewarp:

I am so happy I think i could cry lol ^_^ I honestly think I might do the Rocky Horror Picture show every day of HHN that I attend :)

I understand Rocky Horror is not for everybody, that's cool. But At least if this is true we are not getting another freaking magic show.

I seriously don't think I could take another year of lame crappy unoriginal boring magic shows..... I would have loved to see a new show but Rocky Horror coming back is pretty awesome. Universal should really step up their game when it comes to shows though. I am really glad for Rocky Horror but they need to come up with better stuff than dumb magic shows.

I don't know what this means, Does this mean Uni heard the fans that wanted it back and brought it back?

Or does this mean Uni has absolutley no idea at all about what to do for shows and thought bringing back this one was a good idea?

Edited by LV-426

Theory! I was thinking that our street codes could be locations like last year.

Example:

Rum - Pirates - Docks - San Fransisco

PS - Evil Takes Root - Forest - Central Park

Pop - Soda - Soda Jerk - Mel's (or)

Pop - Parent - Mommy - Mummy

I still need to think how the other two would fit.

• Like 3

Theory! I was thinking that our street codes could be locations like last year.

Example:

Rum - Pirates - Docks - San Fransisco

PS - Evil Takes Root - Forest - Central Park

Pop - Soda - Soda Jerk - Mel's (or)

Pop - Parent - Mommy - Mummy

I still need to think how the other two would fit.

That's just brilliant!

And all of those locales are pretty standard for sz's. So it is entirely possible. Kudos.

Now hopefully we will get an update today from SOMETHING! LT is overdue, etr needs the pics uploaded...and has anyone heard from Goth since the 4th of july?