Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

If Acrostic was actually "A Cross Stick" we could have a biblical themed house, or something to do with Lords of Salem. The Evil Dead does sound very probable though. Also, just looked it up on a whim but alters to Barron Samedi usually contain crosses, so Esquelto Meurte or Voodoo could also be a possibility.

Any ideas on why the house changed? And what was the consensus on what it was before?

Edited by Man in a Bug Suit

Acrostic poems do have a very strong connection with religion and crosses, so even if it is just acrostic you might be on to something.

It's not Lords of Salem though. Lords of Salem had a tiny box office ($1,157,566 with a 1.5 million budget, meaning it's not even close to making a profit) and even then the movie would not work as a maze.

Ironically as the nights passed the more crowds it drew lol. You would think that word would spread about the event being "terrible" as you claim it to be. Butwhat do i know.

I never said last year was terrible, in fact I clearly stated I had fun. Saying that I'm not going to sugar coat it, as a collection of houses last year in my opinion was the weakest lineup I've experienced. If you disagree with me that's cool as you are entitled to your opinion too. I'm just saying that I've yet to hear anyone say last year was their favourite year ever and that to me is telling. I'm sure there has to be some out there that think that ive just not found one and i talk to a lot of our community. I can't quote what nights the attendance were better or if in fact it got busier as the event went along. I always do the last week and I know it was busier than previous years. I do know that a lot of people buy multi night tickets like I do and if you've shelled out that money to attend I'm gonna get my monies worth out of it whether the event is poor or not. I guess overall I feel that UNI got quantity over quality last year. QUANTITY of attendees over QUALITY of houses. They will view that as a successful year even though many of us won't.

• Like 1

I've got nothing for Acrostic that hasn't already been mentioned. Though for Simon, I came across this little tidbit:

"Simon, pseudonymic writer of the 1977 'Simon Necronomicon', or the 'real Necronomicon'"

The Necronomicon could point to either

1) Lovecraft

2) The Evil Dead franchise

Either one would make me a happy Niki.

Ok, the first thing that crossed my mind when the good Dr. gave his cryptic comment of 'Simon' was of the children's show about a boy named Simon who makes drawings that come to life. Simon then enters the drawings he has made. There could be a house based on something like this where we are trapped inside an artist's painting or some such. That could be a very good house if done well.

• Like 1

When I heard Simon, I automatically thought of the game "Simon Says".

EDIT: How cool would it be to have a Simon Says game in the streets of HHN...and if you fail, you get chased by scareactors.

Simon Says was the name of a 2006 horror film. While the film apparently sucked total ass (I didn't see it), it did have the "five stereotypical college students on a drunken spring/summer vacation in a remote, horror-drenched locale" storyline. This brings me automatically to either Cabin In The Woods or Evil Dead...both take advantage of the college-students-go-on-a-vacay-that-goes-horribly-wrong motif.

Alternatively, there's also the "Simon" game, from many moons ago, which I played obsessively during my childhood (between that game and Bop It, I could have died happy). It was inspired by the Simon Says game. If you're not familiar with the game (there are apps you can DL that simulate the game), it's a memory game. Something I didn't know and found during research: it was first introduced in 1978 at Studio 54 in NYC. Idk if this has to do with anything, but the fact was interesting.

Simon Hurt was also the name of a supervillain in Batman....but don't get me started on that tangent.

Edited by justchristy
  • Like 1

Grimp my friend, multi day tickets do not make up the majority of attendees, i can assure you that, it especially will not justify that saturday the park fill out to full capacity and have tell people in advace not to show up if you didn't have a ticket. Face it, the event was a success from any way you look at it, business is there to MAKE MONEY and not to just cater to a fringe group or "community"as you call it, the world does not revolve around just one group. There's a world of people out there and Uni reached out and got them. Get used to it buddy, this is the new trend, times change. Such is life...Topic over.

Face it, the event was a success from any way you look at it,

Such is life...Topic over.

Sucess for them monetarily sure. But it was a let down to a lot of us in some regards. I agree though, no need crying over the millions of non-original IPs to come... it is what it is. Either you like it or you get disgusted and go elsewhere. As they have shown they don't care when we express our disastifaction. I'm not to the disgusted point quite yet.

• Like 2

Grimp my friend, multi day tickets do not make up the majority of attendees, i can assure you that, it especially will not justify that saturday the park fill out to full capacity and have tell people in advace not to show up if you didn't have a ticket. Face it, the event was a success from any way you look at it, business is there to MAKE MONEY and not to just cater to a fringe group or "community"as you call it, the world does not revolve around just one group. There's a world of people out there and Uni reached out and got them. Get used to it buddy, this is the new trend, times change. Such is life...Topic over.

I remember going to 07 and 09 and I didn't remember the crowds being that big on a non-peak night. I belive that the reason for the crowds was'nt all of the IPs. Only The Walking Dead. I don't think that Alice Cooper could pull a crowd that large alone neither would Silent Hill and Penn and Teller weren't even advertised that much. IPs can pull large crowds though but only the right ones.

I'm with Christy...Simon Says is all that came to mind maybe Schoolhouse is coming back. Doc is very cryptic this year dam him. Lol :)

thats what im thinking lol. he was "upset" at him self for making it to "Easy" last year and now this year we get 1 word and of course we can connect any one word to anything...but its defiantly been some good fun

• Like 1

There's Simon Cowell...some kind of sadistic game show maze?

Simon the Leper...who some Biblical scholars say could have also been Lazarus. Leper=rotten flesh. Lazarus=Being raised from the dead. So The Walking Dead.

Edited by ferox

On a OT move.. We might see some construction action in the Disaster que within a few weeks.. It all depends where they go after the set up is done in the Sprung tents.

*EDIT* Got this txt today:
"What looks like a rusted prison gate and some wooden storage/shipping palates(which were noticeably treated wood or fiberglass).."

This was supposedly by Sprung Tent 1

Edited by DesigningtheFear